Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Movies you've never seen but should have

Comments

• Haven't we done this before? Anyway, never seen any of the Star Wars films. Weird, cos I had all the toys as a kid as well
  • This is the resurrected original old thread from a few years ago, Leroy
  • New people join all the time, others fall by the wayside. I don't see any harm in discussing something again a couple of years on, its the kind of thing we do in the pub all the time, isn't it?
  • Havent seen any of The Rocky's...dont intend too either.
  • Havent seen any of The Rocky's...dont intend too either.

Mate they are brilliant.

• too many people have said they havent seen the godfather trilogy in this thread. I've judged a lot of you.

• Robocop and Top Gun, though I fear the time has passed for both. Bigger deal at school than perhaps it is now
  • New people join all the time, others fall by the wayside. I don't see any harm in discussing something again a couple of years on, its the kind of thing we do in the pub all the time, isn't it?

This is the old thread, and the link is to this thread. And I resurected it on Saturday!
  • Why did you link this thread to this thread? Just to confuse old people like me? :-D
  • Sponsored links:

• Why did you link this thread to this thread? Just to confuse old people like me? :-D

THIS!

;o)

Someone said haven't we done this before? But this was the original thread. From 2009, I like bringing back old threads. Living in Greenwich you find the council's re-cycling policy really gets to you in the end.
  • The big Lebowski
  • Withnail and I
    loads of people on here recommended it, so I bought it, and it's still in the cupboard with the cellophane on!
  • Withnail and I
    loads of people on here recommended it, so I bought it, and it's still in the cupboard with the cellophane on!

Best place for it.
  • BDLBDL
    edited February 2013
    Riviera said:

Why did you link this thread to this thread? Just to confuse old people like me? :-D

Someone said haven't we done this before? But this was the original thread. From 2009, I like bringing back old threads. Living in Greenwich you find the council's re-cycling policy really gets to you in the end.
    Just lead to me getting umpteen alerts for a thread I'd forgotten I'd started!
  • Ask BDL! Let's get that one going again....
  • Oggy Red said:

Last night watched "La Grande Illusion".

If you only watch films with helicopters and police car chases, you might be disappointed - everybody else, definitely a film you must see.

Oggy you would also like 2 classic french films Ri fi fi & the Wages of fear.
  • I probably would, Fossy - got a penchant for French films.

I'll stick those 2 on my list. Thanks!
  • Ive watched the first half hour of Godfather loads of times....................
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

Withnail and I

Best place for it.
    Gotta disagree mate, great film. All depends on ones sense of humour at the end of he day ( Brian )...
  • Lord of the Rings. Doubt I ever will either. Godfather Two is genius.
  • Never seen the full monty all the way through. Tried twice but had to turn it off after about half an hour. Couldn't stand it. Don't think i've ever watched more than 20 minutes of 4 funerals either.
  • never seen Withnail and I all the way through, always meant to, just never got around to it.
  • never seen Withnail and I all the way through, always meant to, just never got around to it.

Not saying this for effect but can honestly say i don't know who is in this film and what it's about. I'm not much if a film buff though tbh.
  • Riviera said:

Withnail and I

Best place for it.
    Gotta disagree mate, great film. All depends on ones sense of humour at the end of he day ( Brian )...
    Agree. Withnail & I is a fantastic film.
  • Layer Cake
  • Bought Withnail and I a few years back but only got half way through it before switching off. Wasn't for me.

I've never seen a single Bond film in it's entirety. Shock horror!
  • Not seen enough Hitchcock films but i have seen The Birds 5 times, great film.

Not saying this for effect but can honestly say i don't know who is in this film and what it's about. I'm not much if a film buff though tbh.
    Come on Dave. Don't give me all that. How many times you seen 'star hoars' and 'forest dump'?