Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Footie Trivia Question

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Four teams have won the European Cup and their own domestic league and cup double in the same season. Can you name them?

I actually think its five now?!!
  • Options
    Excluding Uniteds, name the 3 teams in England and Scotland that have 2 U's in their name?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite][b]Four teams have won the European Cup and their own domestic league and cup double in the same season. Can you name them?[/b]

I actually think its five now?!![/quote]

Barcelona last year
    Man Utd 1999
  • Options
    thats two correct dan..... (Barcelona being the fifth as it was an old question)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Excluding Uniteds, name the 3 teams in England and Scotland that have 2 U's in their name?

Bournemouth
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Excluding Uniteds, name the 3 teams in England and Scotland that have 2 U's in their name?

Bournemouth

Yep thats one.
  • Options
    SORRY - my question should have been.
    Which played has SCORED in the top flight in the 60's 70's 80's and 90's
  • Options

Stenhousemuir
  • Options

Torquay United
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Four teams have won the European Cup and their own domestic league and cup double in the same season. Can you name them?

Bayern Munich
    Ajax
    Steaua Beaucarest (spelling)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]

Torquay United

Excluding Uniteds!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]

Stenhousemuir

Yep, one more.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Italy were the first country to have 2 different teams reach the semi-final of the European Cup, Spain were the first country to have 3 different representatives; Who were the first country to have 4 different representatives?

Is this a trick question?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: rufusisadogsname[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Four teams have won the European Cup and their own domestic league and cup double in the same season. Can you name them?

Bayern Munich
    Ajax
    Steaua Beaucarest (spelling)

Ajax yes. The other two, no.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]SORRY - my question should have been.
    Which played has SCORED in the top flight in the 60's 70's 80's and 90's

Kanu?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Italy were the first country to have 2 different teams reach the semi-final of the European Cup, Spain were the first country to have 3 different representatives; Who were the first country to have 4 different representatives?

No, in what way would it be?

Edit: The question doesnt mean in the same year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

No, in what way would it be?

Because I can't see it ever having happened! Unless of course it was Spain or Italy?
  • Options
    Treble question:

Celtic in 1967
  • Options

Italy!
  • Options
    It doesnt mean the same year. So for example Arsenal, Forest, Chelsea, Man U have all reached the European Cup semi final for England over the years. What country had different teams get that far first.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2010

Italy!

lol..no.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: rufusisadogsname[/cite]Treble question:

Celtic in 1967

Yep. So thats Celtic, Ajax, Man U, Barca. One more to get!
  • Options

Celtic in 1967

R.Madrid?
  • Options

Celtic in 1967

R.Madrid?

Strangely No..... A clue: They play in the same league as one of the other answers.
  • Options
    Aberdeen
  • Options
    is the semi-final one Spain?

R.Madrid, A.Madrid, Barcelona and....

Valencia????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Aberdeen

No

[cite]Posted By: rufusisadogsname[/cite]is the semi-final one Spain?

R.Madrid, A.Madrid, Barcelona and....

Valencia????

No
  • Options
    I'll give you a clue on the Semi Final question: It was during the 60's. One country had 4 different semi-finalists by the end of the decade.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I'll give you a clue on the Semi Final question: It was during the 60's. One country had 4 different semi-finalists by the end of the decade.

Don't believe it!!

Just found out Leeds got to semi-finals in 1970.

Good question!!

Man U, Liverpool, Spurs & Leeds
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I'll give you a clue on the Semi Final question: It was during the 60's. One country had 4 different semi-finalists by the end of the decade.

Don't believe it!!

Just found out Leeds got to semi-finals in 1970.

Good question!!

Man U, Liverpool, Spurs & Leeds

Haha nope....still before that. The 4th one being in 1967!

Edit: I think ive thrown a curve-ball in there. The first was actually in 1956.....the rest in the 60's. still, England isnt the right answer.