Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich Town friendly whos attending?

Comments

• Options
    Can't belive its a Tuesday night.. god awful planning there will be lucky to get 4k in my view, would have gone if a sat or Sunday few beers pre and post would have been cracking Tuesday night... why? Oh and for the record have u seen some of the home games other teams and below us have got... la liga, seria a, spl and bundesleiga teams, just wonder if there has been more going behind the scenes to worry about sorting out a decent home game.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]I think Barnet away is more appealing...

Not anymore it's not its aCAFC scratch team at Barnet tomorrow...maybe if i bring my boots...... :)
  • Options
    I have seen a couple of pre-season friendlies and have enjoyed what I have seen (when 1st team have played in them) to be honest.

I am really tempted to go to this game, only because I think that if a TO annoucement is to be made, new Board to be introduced to the Valley faithful and maybe one or two of the out of contract players to sign their deals, this would be the perfect opportunity to do it. Some Sky cameras, hard core Charlton fans in attendance and x,000 fans going away from the ground with a buzz to spread the good word and entice a few more to buy season tickets.

That's what I would be doing anyway, from a business/marketing perspective. That's if they have managed to iron out the deal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Pavo[/cite]I have seen a couple of pre-season friendlies and have enjoyed what I have seen (when 1st team have played in them) to be honest.

I am really tempted to go to this game, only because I think that if a TO annoucement is to be made, new Board to be introduced to the Valley faithful and maybe one or two of the out of contract players to sign their deals, this would be the perfect opportunity to do it. Some Sky cameras, hard core Charlton fans in attendance and x,000 fans going away from the ground with a buzz to spread the good word and entice a few more to buy season tickets.

That's what I would be doing anyway, from a business/marketing perspective. That's if they have managed to iron out the deal.

Pav.... Pav.... wakeup....You were just mumbling in your sleep.
  • Options
    Have just woken up, so quite possible ;)

Talk was from playing staff (non credited) at the Crawley game that contracts etc should be sorted within a week. That would take us to next Tuesday... Maybe I am just adding two and two together and wishfully making 5, but only our impatience is making our CAFC lives darker than they should be at the minute.

I won't be losing any hope or fight until it is obvious that we are absolutely f*cked and that is when I hear, no takeover, goodbye and thanks to Bailey, Jonjo, Racon and Fortune.
  • Options
    not me.

i will be taking advantage of a pay bar near to my home that evening.
  • Options
    Anyone want a punt on the size of the crowd....? I say 5,000 max, unless you go by the clubs official figures in which case it'll be 20,333....
  • Options
    I got my ticket today
  • Options
    Anyone got any Freebies from Kent shows going spare need 2
  • Options
    and me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks WSS I will be there tomorrow. Going to pick myself up the new top too.....well if they have not sold out haha! Doubt it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: robroy[/cite]Going to pick myself up the new top too.....well if they have not sold out haha! Doubt it

if they are on sale tomorrow i'll eat my hat
  • Options
    Yep they are on sale tomorrow.

See link

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=34477
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: robroy[/cite]Yep they are on sale tomorrow.

See link

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=34477

Do you think the 500 will sell out ? Quite fancy the new shirt and would like to have it before the season starts but I don't finish work 'til 6.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]and me

Are you going mate if so are you in the upper north i'll get tickets for up there if you are
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: robroy[/cite]Going to pick myself up the new top too.....well if they have not sold out haha! Doubt it

if they are on sale tomorrow i'll eat my hat

Enjoy the hat!!! ;-)

Sadly no for me, stuck in Wigan for the week so am missing it !! :(
  • Options
    I don't think the north is open. Our fixture wasn't listed yesterday in the paper but millwall are at dartford. Erm good planning and fun for the train people perhaps?

I'm in lower west.
  • Options
    fair play done well to get 500 shirts ready ... (all in kiddies size;-)
    now where's that chocolate hat of mine!!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Our fixture wasn't listed yesterday in the paper but millwall are at dartford.

I'm in lower west.

Our game doesn't seem to be listed at the BBC or Sky either. If it wasn't for the OS nobody would have a clue it was going on.

Can someone make sure the players know it's still going ahead? It's a 6 O'Clock meet at the ground, and tell them not to forget their £5 game subs and completed registration form for the upcoming season. Thanks.
  • Options
    We'll be there if Mrs Muse can get away from work in time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll be there - full of optimism just waiting to be crushed...watching from the East stand for a change - they may look better...
  • Options
    Just been offered tickets & turned them down, really cannot be bothered, normally always go to our Home Friendly, this year I just cannot be bothered. Roll on opening day.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Just been offered tickets & turned them down, really cannot be bothered, normally always go to our Home Friendly, this year I just cannot be bothered. Roll on opening day.[/quote]

Ill take them been dropping huge hints for days
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-west[/cite]I'll be there - full of optimism just waiting to be crushed...watching from the East stand for a change - they may look better...

I can tell you from experience, they don't.
  • Options
    Club have just confirmed:

'The club is opening the lower west stand and the east stand for home fans, while away fans will be sited in the Jimmy Seed Stand. Seats will be able to purchase from the ground in advance of kick-off. Two turnstiles in the east and west stands will be available for fans to pay using cash, but all other ticket purchases on the night should be made from the main west-stand commercial centre windows.'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]fair play done well to get 500 shirts ready ... (all in kiddies size;-)

you already ate it, after burton scored 4 goals from open play last season.
  • Options
    Less than 2k home fans there I reckon
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]fair play done well to get 500 shirts ready ... (all in kiddies size;-)

you already ate it, after burton scored 4 goals from open play last season.

ok i'll eat my third chocolate hat if dickson or mcleod score more than ten open play league goals for us this season
  • Options
    In the immortal words of Mariah........"I'll be there"
  • Options
    Spoke to the Community Scheme today and they said they haven't been given any comps to give to the kids at all, which is very strange considering there will barely be 3,000 there.

"Welcome to the House of Fun....."