Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Well Will Padrew do at Saints?

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Discuss

Comments

• Options
    If anything like he was when he came here then shite. If he has learnt from his mistakes then he could do well. My suspicion is that Pardew was never as good as we believed and that he will cock up at Saints, blame them for his failures and vanish in about 9 months
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    He will probably get them near the top, which, I suspect, the fans see as a minimum requirement.
  • Options
    Who cares?
  • Options
    He has already said that the main problem is his players lack of confidence, all he has to do is put this right.
    I do believe I havec heard this from him before?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]If he has learnt from his mistakes then he could do well.

Boy do I recall saying that when he joined us and sadly for us he didn't.

If the bloke who bought Saints has a strong will and good business acumen, he may be able to contain his ego, otherwise he will set about pushing on the financial envelope, sign players on a "whim" that they can't afford.

Pardew is a chancer, thats how he signs players, thats how he sets things out tactically on a match by match basis and thats how he picks his team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]

Pardew is a chancer,

Good description
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nottsaddick[/cite]

Pardew is a chancer,

Good description

I know another word beginning with "C" that describes him........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nottsaddick[/cite]

Pardew is a chancer,

Good description

I know another word beginning with "C" that describes him........

Cad?
  • Options
    Crap?
  • Options
    Feel sure he will be a huge success and rub our noses in it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I cant believe this man can leave us to go to a club with no morals in the same league when he was partly the reason we were relegated (not the full reason but a big part). So he goes to a club who are clearly paying him more than we were for a job were he could have been with us ridiculous have lost any small amount of respect i had left for the man with this move saints are one of the most sucky clubs in this country (Leeds Wanabees). Ha ha
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I cant believe this man can leave us to go to a club with no morals in the same league when he was partly the reason we were relegated (not the full reason but a big part). So he goes to a club who are clearly paying him more than we were for a job were he could have been with us ridiculous have lost any small amount of respect i had left for the man with this move saints are one of the most sucky clubs in this country (Leeds Wanabees). Ha ha

Not sure about ALL of that Ru....the guys got himself a job....which on the face of it is somewhat surprising....I'm no fan but he's got himself a job, so you can't blame him for that at least.
  • Options
    they'll finish above us imo
  • Options
    the sky sports stats were showing his win percentages of his matches in charge, it was something like:
    reading 48%
    west ham 41%
    charlton 31%

therefore, going on the above, it looks like he'll work hard to try and keep the trend going......
  • Options
    Ok maybe some of the comments were because i am still slightly bitter bout last season granted. Although they will prob better us it just seems that saints after owing all the money they did they seem to have come away un charged are they actually going to get deducted ten points or not? It also seems we have been talking about a takeover since that Dubai company Zabeel International backed out granted dont know the ins and outs of this but why would any company want to buy Southampton over us i cant see the appeal as a man who works in business also. But SoundAsa£ you maybe right i may be speaking out of bitterness after last season plus as SaySomething says his records speak for themselves can see a 20% win conversion next season ha ha.
  • Options
    Look forward to both hme and Away games agianst saints though should be a good crack at both those.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Look forward to both hme and Away games agianst saints though should be a good crack at both those.

I think "lively" is the word i'm thinking of
  • Options
    Probably very similar to his carreer previously, a good start like at WHAm and us before having a brain melt in management and the wheels falling off horribly. I also fear he will win his game in charge at the Valley...
  • Options
    Lively is indeed the word i would look for. A win for Pardew at the Valley would be humiliating there are a few like that that if we loose will be serious humiliation Gills, Saints and most importantly Millwall. Then other derbys vs Brentford and Orient could mean either a very embarassing season or a gloatable season im optomistic as we have to be though.
  • Options
    Have no interest in his success or otherwise. Have my work cut out worrying about us 24-7.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder if he'll start calling himself Saint Pardew :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I cant believe this man can leave us to go to a club with no morals in the same league when he was partly the reason we were relegated (not the full reason but a big part). So he goes to a club who are clearly paying him more than we were for a job were he could have been with us ridiculous have lost any small amount of respect i had left for the man with this move saints are one of the most sucky clubs in this country (Leeds Wanabees). Ha ha

Not sure about ALL of that Ru....the guys got himself a job....which on the face of it is somewhat surprising....I'm no fan but he's got himself a job, so you can't blame him for that at least.

I suspect that a job in the third tier willbe a blow to his ego, this the man who when at reading said his ambition was greater than managing at Charlton, his aim was Realmadrid!!
  • Options
    Real Madrid ha ha would luv to see them employee him
  • Options
    It shows how far he's fallen - not that long ago he was a rising star, getting WHU promoted, and then taking them to an FA cup final and through that into Europe. Now he's taking over a club that has just been relegated and almost went bust, is 10 points adrift at the bottom of League One, with very little morale amongst the playing team. I'm sure the money is ok and he's going to get a transfer budget to play with but he needs a success story on his CV in the near future or else.
  • Options
    can we confirm that they have def been deducted those 10 points if so sthey sshould do the same to leeds just for being leeds ha ha.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]can we confirm that they have def been deducted those 10 points [/quote]

Yep...
  • Options
    Thanks for that made me feel a bit better about the apppointment now (less bitter anyway Ha)
  • Options
    Still probably on near to a million a year. Poor bloke.

He'll do very badly at Soton, they still have some good young players but they missed a massive trick on getting rid of Nigel Pearson. Now they have a massively powder puff squad. Too much work for him to be able to do anything.
  • Options
    Personally I think he will do well, at first at least, and will jump ship as soon as he has some success for a "bigger" club.
  • Options
    I hope they don't make it to a positive points total