Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*****9th JULY Q&A EVENT CANCELLED*****

TELTEL
edited June 2009 in General Charlton
Following on from the previous thread, Im now pleased to announce that the Fans Forum are running a Q & A evening with Richard Murray and Derek Chappell on the evening of Thursday 9th July. The event is in the North Stand Lounges and we will open at 6pm with full bar facilities. The Chairmen will be available for a full Q & A session from 7pm to 9pm and the bar will remain open afterwards should enough people want to stay for a few beers. Food will be available on a snack wagon....Roast Gammon or similiar in a bap and chips and pies etc....

This event is open to the forthcoming seasons, season ticket holders plus one guest...perhaps someone who you know who is waivering or there again you might want to bring your Mrs or Girlfriend along.

It WILL be a ticketed event. We will supply an email address for applications shortly...basically you apply, and we send out an email reply with a ticket for you to print out and present on the night.

Every season ticket holder who applies for a ticket will also be entered into a FREE draw to win a signed Charlton shirt.

This function is being run by the Fans Forum, not the football club, so should you have any queries contact any one of the Fans Forum members......Myself or Dave Rudd on CL.

It should be a great evening, RM is always very good value and it is your big chance to get an answer to all your questions.

EMAIL ADDRESS TO FOLLOW SHORTLY..........

The 25th June is cancelled. The 9th July is booked with the club and more importantly the Chairmen.

We look forward to seeing you there on the night.

Gary/Gavin/Geoff/Dave/Tony/Terry/Lars...the Fans Forum.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Thanks Tel, i'm definitely up for this. Never been to any Q+A event like the supporters club ones.

Will you be putting the e-mail address in here when it's publicised? i assume you already thought of that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]Thanks Tel, i'm definitely up for this. Never been to any Q+A event like the supporters club ones.

Will you be putting the e-mail address in here when it's publicised? i assume you already thought of that!

Look forward to meeting you....yes we will, Im just waiting on the club for an email account....either myself or Dave will post it up here.
  • Options
    Is the 25th cancelled because of the 'news' on the 23rd??
  • Options
    Nothing to do with that at all...if there is anything on the 23rd.....We simply changed due to the size of venue available...Bartrams wasnt suitable.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Is the 25th cancelled because of the 'news' on the 23rd??

The re-arranged date is the night after our first pre season friendly. So if we get that far and there's still no news then we're stuck with what we've got surely?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Is the 25th cancelled because of the 'news' on the 23rd??

Oh boy...that's beauty!!!!!
  • Options
    Is it free or is there a charge for tickets?
  • Options
    Its free.....to season ticket holders and a guest...kids are welcome as long as we are told the numbers when applying......email address is being sorted now as I type....
  • Options
    Hi I am present NOT a season ticket holder, that was why I wanted to come ( to be persuaded). I know plenty of season ticket holders, current and past so I guess I can cadge an entry.
    Is there any agenda, or can you ask any reasonable question....... on second thoughts I am not very reasonable, so any questions
  • Options
    edited June 2009
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sorry 'bout that, posted by mistake.
  • Options
    good news, hopefully I'll be sucessful in my application for a ticket so see you there.
  • Options
    Good, news, Tel. Thanks.

I'm assuming that the Club will issue you a list of all s tkt holders for 2009-10 to enable you to deal with applications accordingly ?

As we're talking FF here, I'd just like to say what a star Dave Rudd was last Saturday when he attended a local event in Joydens Wood . One of the first there, he had to be forcibly ejected when he began to resemble a Smurf on a chilly, windy June afternoon..( only kidding, Dave! ) A disappointing number of punters came along but Dave was not deterred..We were truly honoured by his presence and that of another star, Keith Peacock. Thanks again , Dave- next time the teas are on me !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Hi I am present NOT a season ticket holder, that was why I wanted to come ( to be persuaded). I know plenty of season ticket holders, current and past so I guess I can cadge an entry.
    Is there any agenda, or can you ask any reasonable question....... on second thoughts I am not very reasonable, so any questions

IF some items are off limit, such as takeovers and Parky, then what would be the point of the meeting. Wouldn't surprise me though. Perhaps a FF member could confirm whether any areas of the Club are off limits as far as questions are conerned. Do we have to submit questions in advance and they choose what they want to answer ??
  • Options
    No rules and regs that Im aware of....From my point of view, Id say lets just be polite and civil...no we wont be vetting the questions' but we will be fielding them..... and the club will check the validity of the applications....It wouldnt be quite right for the club to hand us your personal details

:-)

I think its going to be a cracking night and a great chance to meet some of you...
  • Options
    I have renewed my season ticket and will be attending. What's the rationale for excluding non-season ticket holders?
  • Options
    Always nice to see our Board taking the trouble to spend time with fans.

Richard has fronted up to supporters year after year and it is a joy to share a beer with the man who has undoubtedly made the club exactly what it is today IMHO.

If some changes to our ownership do occur in the next few weeks, perhaps this would be a perfect time to make some sort of formal presentation to him, in particular, for his role in shaping where CAFC finds itself today?

Just a suggestion.

If new owners do come in, I, for one, feel RM should remain a key figure on the Board.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Cardinal Sin[/cite]I have renewed my season ticket and will be attending. What's the rationale for excluding non-season ticket holders?

I was wondering the same myself, oh well.
  • Options
    I wold suggest that its the Chairmens way of saying thank you for your continuing support, we know you have concerns after a very torrid three years and here we are to answer your questions on the night......If you know a season ticket holder...come along as a guest
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]I wold suggest that its the Chairmens way of saying thank you for your continuing support

And a big f*** off to those who are yet to renew, a real incentive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Not sure why you would say that Stu. Any club would look after its loyal supporters first surely !
  • Options
    Can see Stu point, personally I wouldn't give RM a "formal presentation".
    He came onboard along with others,done his job & money like others,nobody forced him.
    His choice.
  • Options
    Am I going blind or has the email address not been released yet?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Am I going blind or has the email address not been released yet?

Not seen it Clem
  • Options
    (Sir) Henry says wait for the O/S.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Can see Stu point, personally I wouldn't give RM a "formal presentation".
    He came onboard along with others,done his job & money like others,nobody forced him.
    His choice.

Take your point MOG and based on the past year or two a small presentation might seem a step too far for some but Richard Murray has played a major role in getting this club to where it is now - NAILED ON FACT.

RM's legacy will be felt for years to come IMHO.

But until the OS front page shows our new Irish, Arab Japanese owner(s) shaking hands with the great man on the pitch, the suggestion is hypothetical. ;-)
  • Options
    IF you had the money, would you put it into a football team ?
    Personally I would put it into MY team (CAFC), RM had his team, and made his choice.
    That team HE paid into was Charlton......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]IF you had the money, would you put it into a football team ?
    Personally I would put it into MY team (CAFC), RM had his team, and made his choice.
    That team HE paid into was Charlton......

And boy arn`t we glad he did !
  • Options
    Of course, I'm glad he didn't put into the team he supports.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Of course, I'm glad he didn't put into the team he supports.

I think it is common knowledge RM came to CAFC quite late on in life. He certainly wasn't on the giant East Terrace like all of us as kids.

But I think it is churlish and outrageous to question the man's support for our club surely?

RM has put his hard-earned money into the club and that is all any of us could, or might, do if we were lucky enough to become multi-millionaires.

He, and the other directors, have helped develop the ground and they freed up cash for Curbs/Dowie/Pards when they needed it - FACT.

Are you really suggesting he supports someone else MOG?