Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tranmere Sack Ronnie Moore

A bit harsh imho.

Comments

• Options
    very, very harsh. Missed out on play-offs to last minute goal at Scunny (what happened to them?). I know he was very disappointed that Shirtliff left last week for Swindon so maybe it is more what he has said than what he has done.
  • Options
    Got the certficate still when the fans raised money to buy him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Got the certficate still when the fans raised money to buy him.

Still got mine too
  • Options
    Would anyone like him as our next manager?
  • Options
    me too.

You're only proper Charlton if you paid for Ronnie : - 0
  • Options
    don't know what happened to my certificate. I actually would not have minded him with us as manager.
  • Options
    Curbs will be our next manager. Not Ronnie Moore
  • Options
    I would defintely have him as manager. He's done well where ever he's been and knows lower league football. strange to see him sacked.
  • Options
    Sacked as attendances have fallen for the last 3 seasons.
  • Options
    yeah, just heard that, but wondered why falling attendances are his fault? I thought he did very well this year and only just missed out on the playoffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bad news for Ronnie. Good news for Charlton, because I reckon he's a good manager. As Tranmere were one of the favourites outside the "big" clubs.
  • Options
    I heard he was sacked after he left his CV on the photocopier with a covering letter that read

"Dear Mr Murray,"
  • Options
    Ronnie Moore, Ronnie Moore, Ronnie, Ronnie Moore. When gets the ball, he scores a goal, Ronnie, Ronnie Moore!!!!!
  • Options
    Funny, some teams sack managers for having a better start than the legend that preceded them, others will retain a manager who has the worst record in the league.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Sacked as attendances have fallen for the last 3 seasons.[/quote]

possibly poor football.
  • Options
    Come home Ronnie!!
  • Options
    Haven't they sacked him before, or did he resign ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite]Ronnie Moore, Ronnie Moore, Ronnie, Ronnie Moore. When gets the ball, he scores a goal, Ronnie, Ronnie Moore!!!!!

that's the first thing that came into my head when i saw this thread.........
    i put 50p towards buying him but lost my certificate ;-(
  • Options
    he should of kept to speedway.
  • Options
    Reverse the title of the thread , he has just been reappointed at Prenton Park.

From the BBC

Tranmere Rovers have reappointed Ronnie Moore as manager until the end of the season, after parting company with Les Parry .

Moore returns after leaving Prenton Park in 2009 , and is in his third spell in charge of the League One club.

"I am delighted to bring a manager with the experience of Ronnie back to the club," said chairman Peter Johnson.

"He has a good track record at this level. I'm confident he will secure our place in the division."

Johnson added: "We have three very important home games coming up against Notts County, Leyton Orient and Preston North End and I urge all of our fans to get behind Ronnie and the players and give them their full support."

Moore has previously managed Rotherham United to two promotions, while as a player he made more than 370 appearances for Tranmere, scoring 86 goals.

"It's great to be back, I can't wait to get started," said Moore. "It's nice to have the opportunity to keep the club in League One.

"I'm looking forward to being back at Prenton Park this week, meeting the players and hopefully starting things off with three points against Notts County on Tuesday night."

Kevin Summerfield and John McMahon will remain in their current roles as assistant manager and first-team coach respectively.

Rovers currently lie 19th in League One, one point clear of the relegation zone.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need ol Moorio
    cos we sacked our physio
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Posted By: shirty5
    Got the certficate still when the fans raised money to buy him.

I remember having it on my wall until i left home.....!!

Bloody ex-wife! If i hadn't met her i'd still have it on my wall. I think i donated £1.
  • Options
    I like Rocket Ronnie. Wish him every success back there.
  • Options
    Generally don't like to diss smaller clubs who do their best to stay competitive within fewer resources than us, but the anti-football I've seen from them in the last few years has made me wish relegation on them. Resentment goes deeper to a game at Upton Park we needed to win to make the play-offs in 91-92 and they scored a crap goal and then wasted about an hour in a game that meant little to them - possibly my longest held grudge.
  • Options

A bit harsh imho.

Given their sudden rise in the ranks, Tranmere might have got there a bit sooner had they not sacked him three years ago.
  • Options
    Mis-leading thread title !
  • Options
    JT said:

Mis-leading thread title !

Agreed - would change it if I knew how!

• Options
    They won't keep it up
  • Options
    The best thing about not being in League One this season is not having to play Tranmere again. Their brand of time-wasting anti-football was the worst thing I witnessed in our time in that league.
  • Options
    Good memories of Ronnie Moore ,thought he had good character as a player ,an honest pro ....good luck to him