Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will we have the best away support next season?

All depending on when we play certain teams and where we are in the league could we sell out most away games?

All the people I have spoken too are all looking forward to the away games next season!

Below are the away end allocations

The games we should sell out?

Southend 2000
Brighton 900
walsall 2000
Gillingham 1500
Leyton Orient 1000
Brentford 1600
Wycombe 2100
Colchester 1832
Bristol Rovers 1400
Hartlepool 967

The games we could sell out depending on where we are..

MK dons 3000
Swindon 2100
Southampton 3200
Norwich 2500
yeovil 2000
Exeter 1500
millwall 4000

The ones we might struggle?

Leeds 1800
Carlisle 1700
Stockport 2358
Tranmere 2500
Huddersfield 4000
Oldham 1600

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    No unless we win nearly every game and even then probably not
  • Options
    Mate, have you been to a Charlton away game for a while ? We never sell anything out other than Palace. The only one on that list I think we could sell out would be millwall, but 4000 is still a pretty tall order.
  • Options
    2,000 away at Yeovil? Unless it is near the end of the season and we need a win for promotion/survival really can't see anything like that
  • Options
    not sure a lot of these figures are correct to be honest.

Orient give a lot more than that, as Millwall took 2,600 there near the end of the season. Col U will also give you whatever you want.
  • Options
    theirs more chance of a takeover happening than us having good away support next season
  • Options
    As always, it depends on a lot of factors.

Can't see us easily taking 2k to Walsall ahen we could not manage 1k for midland teams in the prem some times. Can't see us selling out at Millwall 4k in a million years.

We will be average I think. No where near as hight as Norwich, Leeds and behind Southampton & Brighton imo.
  • Options
    You don't get 4k at Millwall anyway. 4k is capacity of two tier stand behind the goal but they've not opened lower tier for two or three years now - last occasion being either West Ham or Liverpool coming to visit and loads of trouble. Capacity of upper tier (the amount we will be allocated) is 2k, so we should fill that up.

Think you're being a bit optimistic about our travelling numbers next year, although I'm a touch concerned that Valley Golders might snap up all the Gillingham and Brighton tickets.
  • Options
    I think we will do well to average 1,000 a game with the amount of southern games we have. To have 15,000 season ticket holders this year and average 800 away tells you something, even after a terrible season.
  • Options
    To answer your question, no.
  • Options
    yeah easily and we'll win the league
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]yeah easily and we'll win the league

Nice one oohaah, if only more people had your positive attitude then we wouldn't be in this mess. Bring on next season,I can't wait.
  • Options
    If we continue to struggle, then our away support will continue to fall away.

If we do well though then our away support will come back with bells on, and we will be likely to near sell out most places.
  • Options
    Got the info from the away guide of football staidiums!

I think a lot more will go aways this season if we are doing well!
  • Options
    Southend 2000 Yes
    Brighton 900 Yes
    walsall 2000 400
    Gillingham 1500 Yes
    Leyton Orient 1000 Yes
    Brentford 1600 1200
    Wycombe 2100 650
    Colchester 1832 750
    Bristol Rovers 1400 555
    Hartlepool 967 251

The games we could sell out depending on where we are..

MK dons 3000 1000
    Swindon 2100 600
    Southampton 3200 1200
    Norwich 2500 1200
    yeovil 2000 600
    Exeter 1500 350
    millwall 4000 1500

The ones we might struggle?

Leeds 1800 800
    Carlisle 1700 300 (unless last away game)
    Stockport 2358 300
    Tranmere 2500 450
    Huddersfield 4000 400
    Oldham 1600 400
  • Options
    No, Leeds will. Although with so many local games, and new places like Southend, I'd expect away attendances to be up this year.
  • Options
    1200 To Brentford?

We should take more then that if we were towards the bottom?

Exeter and Yeovil should be good turnouts as new grounds to most plus the terracing is an added bonus!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jobbers[/cite]I think we will do well to average 1,000 a game with the amount of southern games we have. To have 15,000 season ticket holders this year and average 800 away tells you something, even after a terrible season.

Do you or anyone in this thread atually go to away games?

Last year bar a few games we struggled to hit the dizzy hights of 300, where youve plucked the 800 average figure from is beyond me

next season because alot are local I see us maybe averaging 500 over the season not more than that thou, carlise/hartlepool/tranmere/oldam/exeter/yeovil/ away think be lucky of we took 150
  • Options
    Actually once we're on the unbeatable run maybe we're average closer to 800 away, however us stringing more than 3 results together is laughable
  • Options
    no chance
  • Options
    I've been to yeovil's ground, small terracing uncovered behind the goal don't think it would take 2,000.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At first reading the thread title is laughable considering the attendances last season but it does all depend on winning dosnt it. I remember packed away ends at Walsall and Stockport and brilliant away days, someone go get Andy Hunt back : )
  • Options
    What is surport?

Is it a charge on overseas transfers?
  • Options
    We should take 1000k to wycombe as it is a new ground and not far away. (Off M40)
  • Options
    If the club can stimulate a bit of interest before the start of the season (takeover / new manager / international signing), and we get off to a good start our away support will be much better than this season. Lots of new and close grounds will also help. Then we can moan about FF for not sorting out priority for ticket allocations. Can you imagine the scamble for tickets for last game of the season at Brighton, with us needing a win for promotion?
  • Options
    We always wanted to be a Leicester, so why not this year?
  • Options
    Millwall away? Charlton will be in all parts of the ground, wont they?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]Millwall away? Charlton will be in all parts of the ground, wont they?

they are quite a friendly cuddly club,so i can't see why ever not.
  • Options
    Remember them at selhurst - just sitting across the way, suggesting it would be wise not to support our team, or else!
    Fond memories!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]1200 To Brentford?

We should take more then that if we were towards the bottom?
    [/quote]

i think we only took 1200 when we clinched the championship at blackburn.
  • Options
    We will sell out Brighton, Orient, Gillingham and maybe Brentford.

Anything else is fantasy.

2000 at Walsall, PMSL.

We will probably only get the top tier at Millwall (and its usually enough)

Southend holds nearer 3k with the bit round the corner.