Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Add me to the List

Just been told im losing my Job.. with adam Jnr only being born in Jan and the missus now on half pay maternity leave the world has just given me a right kick in the knackers, i know a few people on here laughed at me going on about my job truth is i bloody loved it and was proud to tell everyone what i did. Im a bloddy mess and have not slept since told last night. I know others are in the same boat so not sure where to go from here apart from the job centre, worst thing to is i havnt been here long enough to recieve a pay out will be looking at one months pay at best, with the missus and baby and mortage to pay that wont even cover that, so i guess this is kind of a goodbye for the time being will be online as much as i can when at home looking for new work, so if anyone knows of any thing going give us a shout as im completly lost as i havnt been out of work since i came back from OZ in 2002.

Keep Smiling Up the Addicks...

Morecambe&WiseRex-8994.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear that mate, terrible news. I hope that you can get sorted out soon
  • Options
    feel terrible for ya mate, Really hope you find something.
  • Options
    What'd ya do
  • Options
    Bad news indeed, best of luck with finding something soon. And the same goes to everyone else on here who has found themselves in a similar position. This recession has been out of the news a bit recently, what with swine flu and MP's expenses but it is still very much alive and kicking isn't it.
  • Options
    sorry to here that mate i was shitting it when my job was on the line earlier this year, the world is on its arse at the moment

good luck chin up
  • Options
    Easy to say chin up mate and bloody good luck sad to say its not just dead wood going now..........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]What'd ya do

for those who never got to hear me banging on about my job : http://www.curtisbrown.co.uk/presenters/staff/19/

probably will be deleted soon..
  • Options
    Not good mate. Sorry to hear.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Sorry to hear that. Same thing happened to me in December, and didn't find work until late March. Got a reasonable payout, but it soon goes.

You've got to stay positive, get to some agencies pronto, and do the whole job cente thing. Use your time to do all those jobs / projects you never had time for. It's so easy to become apathetic.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that mate - what is it that you do?

I've been on Jobserve recently and CWJobs - they are pretty useful I think but it all depends on your line of work I suspect
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cipollini[/cite]What line of work did you do?

Media sadly.. itv and bbc not having any money has hit us we went from a 400k per year in commision to 100k at best, were mainly a book agents so wollwoths going under and digital book sales have hit us hard big time...
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Adam, I work in the ad industry, media is getting walloped at the moment, but it is generally one of the first things to pick up, hang in there. All the best.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this Adam, my advice to you is get onto the tax credit office, you'll be suprised how much they give you. Also dont bother going to the job centre, they treat you like scum and cos your Mrs is earning all that maturnity money they will tell you after a month of signing on that your only entitled to £1.60 a week!!

All i can say is good luck mate, and hope you have better luck than me, as without the support of my family, i would be living in a box right now.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that fella, my wages are cut 10% as of this Friday, so should be grateful I still have a job, good luck mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Cipollini[/cite]What line of work did you do?

Media sadly.. itv and bbc not having any money has hit us we went from a 400k per year in commision to 100k at best, were mainly a book agents so wollwoths going under and digital book sales have hit us hard big time...

know what you mean about broadcast. if we don't renew our sky and channel five contracts in the next few months (even at reduced rates) we're finished.

best of luck, mate.
  • Options
    Adam, so sorry to hear your news, mate.
  • Options
    Mate, sorry to hear of your bad news. Hope things work out ASAP.
  • Options
    Can I suggest a thread for people who are out of work to advertise their skills?

A few of us on here run businesses and know others who run companies, so it may be worthwhile to advertise what you do, and if anyone has a vacancy they can put that up as well
  • Options
    Adam, sorry to hear that mate. Good luck to you in finding a equally likable job.
  • Options
    Good hunting adam.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sh*t.
    Sorry to read this news.
    Hope things turn out okay for you geez.
    P.
  • Options
    Adam, can only agree with what everyone else is saying.

I really hope that you find something and quickly.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Sorry to hear that Adam. Know how you feel. Not being somewhere 2 years, you get your notice period paid (unless your contract says different) and your holiday pay. which is fine, if you go from one job to another one immediately, but otherwise, its pants.

If you want to stay in that line of work - I'd email all agencies similar to yours immediately. Even though they're all probably going through similar restructuring, there's no harm in asking. If you love your line of work - I'd target places direct instead of agencies. companies will like to employ people saving the agency fees so why not - what have you got to lose!
  • Options
    Sh*t, there's quite a few on here in this position now.

My son finished Uni last May and only finally got a job earlier this year in the area he wanted ... it's not exactly what he wants but at the moment having a job at his age and gaining experiene for a CV is like gold dust.

A number of his friends from Uni have still not got anything apart from shop jobs.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear your news Adam. Hope you land on your feet mate x
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that. Hope you find something soon and just as enjoyable. Good luck to everyone else seeking work at the moment.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Adam,good luck looking
  • Options
    Hey bad news. Good luck with the job hunting.
  • Options
    Bad news indeed. Very best of luck, stay positive.
  • Options
    Does this mean you're going to be posting even MORE?

Seriously, the only time I've been made redundant (so far) was weeks after we'd had our first child. You're wondering how you're going to manage, but you will. I know how you're feeling, keep your chin up and good luck finding something sooner rather than later.

There are better times ahead...