Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shelvey speculation

Comments

• Options
    Parky has come out and said that the chelsea transfer rumour is all paper talk...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Blinkant[/cite]Parky has come out and said that the chelsea transfer rumour is all paper talk...

Parkinson must be sure of his own future at the club then to be able to comment so assertively on his players futures.
  • Options
    Started up again

Ipswich this time.
    Ipswich Town boss Roy Keane is ready to move for £2million-rated Charlton teenager Jonjo Shelvey.

Charlton want to sign out-of-contract Birmingham City defender Radhi Jaidi since Sheffield United have shown an interest in defender Jonathan Fortune.

Fortune linked with Sheff Utd and we've been linked with Jaidi.
  • Options
    2m !! LOL. As for Jaidi, can't see him wanting to drop to League 1 especially considering the wages he'd have to drop. Forch to Sheff Utd, wouldn't surprise me.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]2m !! LOL. As for Jaidi, can't see him wanting to drop to League 1 especially considering the wages he'd have to drop. Forch to Sheff Utd, wouldn't surprise me.[/quote]

What from the nothing he is on at the moment?
  • Options
    Was actually speaking to his dad tonight and there are no deals being done he is just getting on with playing for Charlton. I think this one might be the mail just needing to write a story but will keep you informed. He'll be playing against them soon so if he wants to look at him he can do it then
  • Options
    £2m to Ipswitch is laughable in the extreme! Where do these papers make this crap up

He is deffo going to be a big 4 player and going via Suffolkf is absurd - besides he's not Irish!!
  • Options
    The Sun is also running the Ipswich 'story', says Fortune has turned down a deal, and that Reading will bid £1mill for Bailey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]£2m to Ipswitch is laughable in the extreme! Where do these papers make this crap up

He is deffo going to be a big 4 player and going via Suffolkf is absurd - besides he's not Irish!!
    Spot on.. Shelvey to Ipswitch and for only two million.. I 've never seen so much made up crap in 1 sentence.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Was actually speaking to his dad tonight and there are no deals being done he is just getting on with playing for Charlton. I think this one might be the mail just needing to write a story but will keep you informed. He'll be playing against them soon so if he wants to look at him he can do it then[/quote]

But Uncle...we heard from one of the Daily Mail's top sports hacks that they always check their sources thoroughly...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Was actually speaking to his dad tonight and there are no deals being done he is just getting on with playing for Charlton. I think this one might be the mail just needing to write a story but will keep you informed. He'll be playing against them soon so if he wants to look at him he can do it then

But Uncle...we heard from one of the Daily Mail's top sports hacks that they always check their sources thoroughly...

Yeah just like the Chelsea one was a done deal and he was signing any day now !!! That was about a month ago and still no signing :-) I think its because we are due to play them ... Course he's gonna look at him he can hardly sit there with his eyes shut... God i wish i had a job like these Hacks its a piece of piss
  • Options
    [cite]Swisdom[/cite]He is deffo going to be a big 4 player and going via Suffolk is absurd - besides he's not Irish!!
    Keane's obviously been told to look out for "Jonj O'Shelvey"
  • Options
    its a blatant attempt at tapping up via agents, and a feeble one too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Swisdom[/cite]He is deffo going to be a big 4 player and going via Suffolk is absurd - besideshe's not Irish!!

I thought Jonjo Shelvy was an Irish name - shows how much I know !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Swisdom[/cite]He is deffo going to be a big 4 player and going via Suffolk is absurd - besideshe's not Irish!!

I thought Jonjo Shelvy was an Irish name - shows how much I know !!

It is. You know lots.
  • Options
    He plays for England ergo is not on Keanes radar - to be sure
  • Options
    It's starting again

Only VitalFootball though. Apparently we don't want to sell for less than £10m, but £5m will be enough for us to sell him...
  • Options
    Well just to play along, with a conspiracy slant, it is interesting that he returns to the team just before the window opens!
  • Options
    Do Newcastle have £5million to spend? Sound like a load of old bollocks to me!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]Do Newcastle have £5million to spend? Sound like a load of old bollocks to me!

Probably is bollocks but they look certain to win promotion back to the promised land so might think a 5 million bid would be worth it. Can`t see it myself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really do not think we will sell until the summer at the earliest. His price will only go up
  • Options
    "An audacious bid for lowly Charlton Athletic's Jonjo Shelvey" An article relating to the mighty 2nd Division Newcastle United! A run of bad form on their part and we could well be playing and beating them (as usual) next season!
    Lowly Charlton Athletic! The lazy web piece by numbers lazy cnut! Temporarily embarrassed perhaps but not lowly.
  • Options
    Jonjo's had enough of a challenge keeping a regular place at Charlton lately, but at least is always in the frame.

Newcastle could hardly expect to put him straight in their 1st team and keep his place - so why would he want to rot in their reserves, out of sight and out of mind, such a long way from home.....?

In anycase, the expectations of Newcastle fans would put huge pressure on Jonjo ..... that's not normally considered the best way to develop a 17 year old.

And why would Newcastle consider blowing £5million right now for a player to be put in cotton wool ...... when their need is to sign experienced players to ensure immediate promotion back to the Prem?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]"An audacious bid for lowly Charlton Athletic's Jonjo Shelvey" An article relating to the mighty 2nd Division Newcastle United! A run of bad form on their part and we could well be playing and beating them (as usual) next season!
    Lowly Charlton Athletic! The lazy web piece by numbers lazy cnut! Temporarily embarrassed perhaps but not lowly.[/quote]

at least it wasnt 'third division outfit'!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    great quote from sir robert william robson in a book that i am reading about young players and those that give them stick.

" It takes time for a young player to get past being over awed at being in the first team that their form that got them there in the first place suffers those that question their place know nothing about football in the first place"

for all you detractors of a 17 year old boy
  • Options
    Sat with a Newcastle scout for the Barnet game and he said "all I look for with youngsters is can they pass and can they control a ball" he then said there was a distinct lack of either attributes on show.

He did like Mambo though

personally I can see NUFC having that kind of wedge at this stage but seeing as they are certs to go up maybe they can afford the outlay
    can't see him wanting to go there anyway - most fickle fans in Britain
  • Options
    And a long long way from home for a 17 year old.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Sat with a Newcastle scout for the Barnet game and he said "all I look for with youngsters is can they pass and can they control a ball" he then said there was a distinct lack of either attributes on show.

He did like Mambo though

personally I can see NUFC having that kind of wedge at this stage but seeing as they are certs to go up maybe they can afford the outlay
    can't see him wanting to go there anyway - most fickle fans in Britain
    Barnet in the JPT? Or in pre-season?
  • Options
    Jpt
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]And a long long way from home for a 17 year old.

Especially when Joey Barton's stubbing a cigarette out in your face, because he think's you're "detached" from reality.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!