Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Inspired Substitutions

Brilliant substitutions made by Parky this evening, completely changed the game

Comments

• Options
    As I said before the game on Saturday on here (as I couldn't go), no reason to have Holland and Spring both on the bench. Though we should have never signed Spring in the first place, offers nothing our hundreds of other midfielders don't.
  • Options
    except a win over palace ;o)
  • Options
    I actually thought Spring had a positive effect on the team. He was tidy last night and retained the ball. ZZ seemed to give the ball away far too much last night
  • Options
    We were talking about this on the way out. Parkinson just hasn't got a clue. It's as if he feels obliged to give players like Spring a 'run out' to justify the reason why we bought him. All of those substitutions last night cost us the game. We lost our shape and discipline. I just don't understand what Spring brings to the party!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]I actually thought Spring had a positive effect on the team. He was tidy last night and retained the ball. ZZ seemed to give the ball away far too much last night[/quote]

No disrespect but I must watch a completely different game to some people, Sping IMO is one of the worst players I've ever seen pull on the shirt (and I've seen some bad ones)
  • Options
    I have to agree with Valley and Eltham RE Spring, I thought our midfield fell apart as soon as he came on. The fact that Lloyd Sam made way for him must have surely been down to a knock he received otherwise he was working as hard as I've ever seen him play. The real disappointment for me was seeing Kandol come on. I thought it bizarre considering the decent game Burton was playing, tactically I couldn't see the point. Cardiff are a lumbering Ox of a side, all we needed to do was keep the ball on the ground, every time the ball went in the air Cardiff won it. Kandol can't play football. I would rather have seen Tuna come on.
  • Options
    I agree on Sam why play five across the middle with no actual width, generally on Spring I think he has offered us little in most of his appearances. As for the midfield falling apart last night, I think that was just us
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]I actually thought Spring had a positive effect on the team. He was tidy last night and retained the ball. ZZ seemed to give the ball away far too much last night

In my opinion we dont need either if we can hold onto some of the better mids i.e JJ, Racon, Bailey, Wright & Holland (back up)

Spring average at best, like a slightly quicker but poorer Matty Holland

Zheng Zhi Good but too lightweight for this league, all it takes is a tap and he's lost the ball,
    He is Great however when he does hold to it.
  • Options
    I would have taken Bailey off. The number of needless fouls that the boy gave away in and around the box was ridiculous.
  • Options
    Basically last night we conceded too much ground, we looked like a team that still has a chance of staying up and was trying to hold on to what we had got. Luckily Cardiff are not much cop at the moment or we would have lost
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We stopped defending in midfield. We conceded so many free kicks around our penalty area because of our failure to pressure the ball quickly enough, we got tight on Cardiff players too late hence the stupid challenges that led to the free kicks. When we did get the ball there were few forward options so we ended up passing the ball around in our own defensive third. At several stages I counted all the Cardiff out filed players in our half. Shocking football, tactically inept.
  • Options
    What was Kandol doing when he came on last night?

Unless he was instructed to set camp in our own area for 10 minutes why the hell wasn't he up front trying to at least attempt to hold the ball up?
  • Options
    Burton was excellent but once he was gone, so was any of our link play. Bailey did so many good things but then faded (despite his goal). ZZ faded too and the game was just too quick for Spring. If anything, you'd have to question the fitness of the players (the way Bailey gave up on the bloke who scored the 1st Cardiff goal was awful and his constant fouling smacked of tiredness). Fair play to the back four.....they couldn't have done more in trying to keep Cardiff out and for a while we did play some excellent football in midfield. At least it was a watchable game...unlike much of the cack served up previously. Youga has rediscovered his composure, Shelvey is excelling and Elliott looks the part....so there is hope. Probably hoping for too much but I wouldn't mind seeing the following start next season;

Elliott

Yassin
    Hudson
    Fortune
    Youga

Sam
    Racon
    Shelvey
    Bailey

Burton
    Gray
  • Options
    I don't see Gray and Burton together, Simo ...... nice touches, but absolutely no pace
  • Options
    there was one point when kandol knocked the ball past the defender towards the line broke into a semi sprint and i thought he was gonna slide and hook it back and he just let it run out for a goal kick....bizarre
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]I actually thought Spring had a positive effect on the team. He was tidy last night and retained the ball. ZZ seemed to give the ball away far too much last night

No disrespect but I must watch a completely different game to some people, Sping IMO is one of the worst players I've ever seen pull on the shirt (and I've seen some bad ones)

I am with you on this one Eltham, I just cannot see what Spring has to offer and bring to the team, if Parkinson calls a taxi when they kick him out I suggest he takes Spring, Burton and Kandol with him because they are all fekking useless.
  • Options
    LAZINESS
  • Options
    If anything, you'd have to question the fitness of the players (the way Bailey gave up on the bloke who scored the 1st Cardiff goal was awful and his constant fouling smacked of tiredness).
    That same thought occurred to me Simonsen, but then it has been a long slog of a season, particularly for Bailey.
    there was one point when kandol knocked the ball past the defender towards the line broke into a semi sprint and i thought he was gonna slide and hook it back and he just let it run out for a goal kick....bizarre
    I thought he over hit the ball myself, very poor touch Kandol has.
  • Options
    Didn't one of the players we had on loan make a comment about how unfit our players were compared to those at his parent club?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]
    If anything, you'd have to question the fitness of the players (the way Bailey gave up on the bloke who scored the 1st Cardiff goal was awful and his constant fouling smacked of tiredness).

That same thought occurred to me Simonsen, but then it has been a long slog of a season, particularly for Bailey.
    I thought he over hit the ball myself, very poor touch Kandol has.

Sitting in F block he did over hit and all he could do was hook it back across goal, but gave up on it after he saw there was no CAFC player anywhere near the area
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]Burton was excellent but once he was gone, so was any of our link play. Bailey did so many good things but then faded (despite his goal). ZZ faded too and the game was just too quick for Spring. If anything, you'd have to question the fitness of the players (the way Bailey gave up on the bloke who scored the 1st Cardiff goal was awful and his constant fouling smacked of tiredness). Fair play to the back four.....they couldn't have done more in trying to keep Cardiff out and for a while we did play some excellent football in midfield. At least it was a watchable game...unlike much of the cack served up previously. Youga has rediscovered his composure, Shelvey is excelling and Elliott looks the part....so there is hope. Probably hoping for too much but I wouldn't mind seeing the following start next season;

Elliott

Yassin
    Hudson
    Fortune
    Youga

Sam
    Racon
    Shelvey
    Bailey

Burton
    Gray

Have to agree with Oggy, we've seen Burton and Gray up front together, it won't work. They'll both be trying to do the same things.

Yassin won't be staying unless Parkinson goes and a new manager wants to give him a chance, and even then, he might not want to stay.

Obviously that midfield is good, even without ZZ, but will we hang onto all four of them? Bailey's the one I see other clubs going after, stands out for his goals.
  • Options
    We need an out and out striker for next season.. there are plenty of players in league 1 who can score 20+ goals, those are the players we should be targeting.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]We need an out and out striker for next season.. there are plenty of players in league 1 who can score 20+ goals, those are the players we should be targeting.

Could improve this team so much.
  • Options
    The players who score 20+ goals in League 1 are way out of our reach. McLean, Fryatt, Lambert etc all have an asking price of £5 million plus on them already.
    The strikers we should be targeting are the ones who are proven in league 2, with pace, who can score 25 goals plus...........Oh hang up, Izale McLeod scored 27 goals in league 2.. but sillly me I forgot that Parky gave him to Millwall.
  • Options
    Also need to give strikers a chance to build an understadning with one another not chop and change all the time
  • Options
    * Scoham
    * CommentTime38 seconds ago

quote# 24

Posted By: Valley_floyd_redWe need an out and out striker for next season.. there are plenty of players in league 1 who can score 20+ goals, those are the players we should be targeting.

Could improve this team so much.
    I watched Hooper in the Paint trophy final.. 30 goals in all competitions. Other top scorers include:

Rickie Lambert ,Bristol Rovers, 28 goals.
    Simon Cox, Swindon Town, 25 goals.
    Joel Porter, Hartlepool United, 23goals.

Apart from those there are plenty of strikers who've scored 15-18 goals.
  • Options
    Anyone know if any of the good League One or League Two strikers out of contract?
  • Options

Spring was the one who gave the ball away for their first goal. He had an easy option of a return pass but instead tried to turn his way past two of their defenders who were closing him down and lost the ball. Really struggling to remember anything else he did.

Going back to the substitutions - why stick Holland on the wing? Surely Zheng and Bailey out wide would have been better options.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]Going back to the substitutions - why stick Holland on the wing? Surely Zheng and Bailey out wide would have been better options.

He wanted to keep someone in the hole behind Kandol, rather than 5 straight across the middle. Zheng is probably the only one that could do that, apart from maybe Bailey, but someone had to play on the left.
  • Options
    I have always wondered why people dis-agree on who played well & who did not during a game, I suppose it must be due to the fact that everyone watches the game from different stands.

Parky OUT