Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oh goodie now no blooding of the 'yoof' either

2»

Comments

• Options
    Reserves playing at 2 today

Interesting that Solly isn't involved (in fact Taylor Sinfield is, and he's being released at the end of the season). Maybe he's injured? In fact there are only four subs, one of them a schoolboy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]shall we ask the barnsley and southampton fans if it's ok if we put out a youth team against norwich?

as if the seniors have been doing the business eh !!! How could other clubs complain, we've been shit all season without the youngsters, anyone complained so far ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]bang on PBS we have a duty to the other teams to play our strongest teams.

LOL.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite] It's not right - we , for the good of football, must play our strongest team [/quote]

Not sure we would be allowed to put the womens team out though? ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]CFW - If the boot was on the other foot we'd go mad if another team - already relegated put out their kids to give them a run out agaisnt one of our relegation rivals and they capitualted easily and we went down.

we've been capitulating all season, hence the reason we are bottom 12 pts adrift of safety, have you noticed ?
  • Options
    I don't see a problem with us playing a few youth players and other clubs complaining. It's up to us to play the team we want, other clubs have the whole season to get the results they need.
  • Options
    it never stops United, lol
  • Options
    Play youth now there is nothing to play for in meaningless games, don't be silly.

Far better to p[ss off all the remainging fans with another negative waste of time performence.
  • Options
    and parky would be no worse off, no lose situation scenario
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Wouldn't be much harm in giving Solly, Arter or Tuna 15 minutes or so from the bench. Tuna came on the other day, Arter's already made his debut, and Solly is captaining the reserves at 17/18 ahead of 'older youngsters'.

Well said that man
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can see both side of the coin and my inital feeling was the same as Ledge's but putting a few of our younger players on the bench and giving them 20 mins or so is not the same as resting a team full of proven internationals is it? Our players have not been anywhere near good enough over the season so how can it be argued we've weakened the team by giving a home grown alternative a run out?
  • Options
    Parky is re-inforcing his own ineptitude by claiming that the youngsters are not good enough. Arter has already played at this level more than a year ago and wasn't out of his depth, PP has just seen Butterfingers have a hand in most of the four late goals we have conceded, let alone indifferent performances to date, but maintains that our most promising teenager to debut yet, in Solly, isn't ready. Lets not forget that Shelvey has only started our last half a dozen matches, being close to MOTM in all, yet debuted last summer and has been available all season. What coaching transformation from Parky suddenly made him a key player?
  • Options
    I like the way zz gets credit for our 'revival' of late, yet a certain Mr Shelvey has also returned to the first team in that time
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I like the way zz gets credit for our 'revival' of late, yet a certain Mr Shelvey has also returned to the first team in that time

And Racon, Ward and even Sam in for Soares have come into the team around same time.
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]Lets not forget that Shelvey has only started our last half a dozen matches, being close to MOTM in all, yet debuted last summer and has been available all season. What coaching transformation from Parky suddenly made him a key player?

He realised he was wrong. And we were probably protecting him because he couldn't sign pro until February.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Butterbean is not needed neither is KANDOLABRA
  • Options
    Solly for Butterball but thats it for me. Won`t be a happy cheery place at The Valley against Norwich so I say keep the innocent out of the firing line.
  • Options
    Why hasn't Solly been given a chance- PP said in the Programme on Saturday that he deserved a run-out! Also Solly will be here next year- he is a CAFC player- Butterball is a loanee and my not be here so whats the point in keep playing him ahead of Solly. He should have played last night and been given a three match run to get him ready for next year!
  • Options
    So when is a player ready...... ready for what!. I can understand protecting Shelvey, but surely some of the youngsters could have played a part , and should play a part. Or are we to wait until the final whistle against Norwich when the experienced players depart out of the car park for the last time! Suddenly the young players have gained experience! poor management IMO.