Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oh goodie now no blooding of the 'yoof' either

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
Parky says he won't be throwing any more of the 'yoof' into the fray. Why not? Solly deserves a shot and can't be worse than Butterknob, why recall Arter to look at him again but only in training, what does that tell you. Biggest mistake tonite was not giving Tuna a run out with a partner up top. He played him up on his own, unfairly imo, at the weekend at the end but tonote why not go 2 up top and see what he can do. JJ should have dropped back into midfield with the ineffective ZZ replaced. For chrissakes we are down and by being ultra defensive we couldn't protect a lead so why not go for it. If we ended up losing 5-4 so what, in fact I'd have been happier in giving it a go instead of playing for a draw.

Comments

• Options
    Sure Parky said Solly was really unlucky not to have been given a chance by now...then comes out and says 'those that have not have a chance yet are not ready so want can you do' tonight...what an inspriational motivator of men he is !
  • Options
    He's trying to finish as strongly as possible, & avoid defeat, to try & save his own arse Large'. It is a perfect time to blood the youngsters & give a few fringe players a shot, nowt to lose, & good & vital experience for the ones that will more than likely be here next season.

Hopefully the board will see sense & relieve him of his duties, or a big IF, we get taken over, the new people oust him quicker than you can say, 'Phil..........you're shit & you know you are'. Roll on that day!
  • Options
    I can understand his point that youngsters that aren't ready cannot be just thrown in, that doesn't help them

But I don't see why Solly doesn't deserve a chance. He's certainly no worse a player if not a better player than Yussuff, Wagstaff and Tuna.

Arter as well, he doesn't need to play a full game, but why not have him on the bench and give him 15 minutes. He was given his debut a year and a half ago, 15 minutes from the bench wouldn't do him any harm at his age.

I thought Butterfield was quite poor tonight, had a more solid game against Birmingham (couldn't go Saturday, don't know how he did then).

As for sitting back, I could see Cardiff's goals coming, they took complete control of the game and we didn't know what to do. Once we had Spring and Holland on we had two slow midfielders that aren't comfortable taking the ball forward, and with Kandol not winning headers or standing in defence, we didn't know what to do to get a hold of the game.
  • Options
    I can understand that it can be a bad thing putting the youngsters on when thy are under pressure, but our seasons over its time to prepare for next. The supporters don't expect to much from the youngsters, it's about giving them a bit of experience. The only thing we expect to get from the game is a sign of things to come, and more of the same is not likely to inspire to many of us to reach for our wallets and purchase next years season ticket.
  • Options
    disagree.
    we were all moaning when liverpool played their reserves against fullham when fulham were in a relegation scrap with us.

shall we ask the barnsley and southampton fans if it's ok if we put out a youth team against norwich?
  • Options
    Stefco is spot on.

Parky is not thinking about the future of the club or our chances of bouncing back next season.

He is just thinking about his own mortagage (fair enough I suppose) and is desperate to finish the season with a couple of Wins to guarantee his job for next season.

If his team had an ounce of bottle or mental strength or character he would have got them in the last four days.

Here's hoping those late goals have made the board see sense and he goes...
  • Options
    Valid point that putting out a youth team against teams in a relegation or promotion position is unfair, but not suggesting that we field a team of youth players, but surely some of the younger players are as capable of giving more to the game than some of last nights players, at least put them on the bench and give them a go.
  • Options
    bang on PBS we have a duty to the other teams to play our strongest teams.
  • Options
    Do you really think the kids will make any difference? At the moment Shelvey is the only one capable of performing at this level.
  • Options
    Don't agree ledge. Whether it's to give next season's players playing time or to give the fans a look a those whose wages they pay, the first duty the club has is to its own - fans and players alike.

We're hardly talking about putting out 11 kids either, we're talking about the same spine with a couple of youngsters. Not exactly in the same league as resting Rooney & Ronaldo!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stefco[/cite]He's trying to finish as strongly as possible, & avoid defeat, to try & save his own arse Large'. It is a perfect time to blood the youngsters & give a few fringe players a shot, nowt to lose, & good & vital experience for the ones that will more than likely be here next season.

Hopefully the board will see sense & relieve him of his duties, or a big IF, we get taken over, the new people oust him quicker than you can say, 'Phil..........you're shit & you know you are'. Roll on that day!

And .......

[cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Stefco is spot on.

Parky is not thinking about the future of the club or our chances of bouncing back next season.

He is just thinking about his own mortagage (fair enough I suppose) and is desperate to finish the season with a couple of Wins to guarantee his job for next season.

If his team had an ounce of bottle or mental strength or character he would have got them in the last four days.

Here's hoping those late goals have made the board see sense and he goes...

He is trying to finish as strongly as possible, and avoid defeat, to try and save his own arse ..... no doubt. desperate to finish the season with a couple of wins to guarantee his job for next season.

Yep, Plan A = finish with a flourish - if he needs to sell himself elsewhere next season

Parky's decisions are not for the benefit of the club.
    They're for the benefit of Parkinson himself.

To ensure he can get himself a job, somewhere, anywhere, next season.
  • Options
    What about the players, no blame there ?
  • Options
    We can't play the kids against Norwich if there is something riding on that game
  • Options
    maybe they don't play the young uns cos they aren't good enough for this level next year they'll get their chance

and what pbs said as well but the rules are different for us
  • Options
    We could do with someone else at right back, and out wide, no harm in playing some yoofs there, we need to start playing something like the team that will start next year. Don't see any point in playing ZZ and the other end of contract or loan players unless absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]disagree.
    we were all moaning when liverpool played their reserves against fullham when fulham were in a relegation scrap with us.

shall we ask the barnsley and southampton fans if it's ok if we put out a youth team against norwich?

So the current XI is scaring the life out of the opposition is it?

I dont think anybody is talking about a complete change but 2 or 3 positions.

It seems to me on just about every level of loan/player sale deal we have conceded our position. Its about time we put the future of Charlton first. Perhaps get a bit nasty for once.
  • Options
    CFW - If the boot was on the other foot we'd go mad if another team - already relegated put out their kids to give them a run out agaisnt one of our relegation rivals and they capitualted easily and we went down.

It's not right - we , for the good of football, must play our strongest team

I can see what people are saying but if it were us on the other end of this we would not be happy and don't lie saying you would
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]CFW - If the boot was on the other foot we'd go mad if another team - already relegated put out their kids to give them a run out agaisnt one of our relegation rivals and they capitualted easily and we went down.

I can see what people are saying but if it were us on the other end of this we would not be happy and don't lie saying you would

I don't think we want to see half the youth team starting, but I'd like to have seen Solly on the bench and getting five/ten minutes for the experience and to give Tuna another run-out. Next year these players will have to step up and it wouldn't detract from the strength of the starting XI.
  • Options
    would it be so damaging to play moutouaklil at RM?
  • Options
    I hear what you're saying Ledge but what BFR said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    surely getting our own house in order is more important than worrying about Norwich or Plymouth or Barnsley.. were in for one of the biggest seasons in our history next term so we need to start building now, cant see why on earth we should worry about fielding youngsters, call it unsporting but we have been shite on before with teams playing under strength teams so were down are only concern should be our house.
  • Options
    They saying is - if they are good enough then they are old enough.
  • Options
    fair enough BFR but they haven't played all season so they obviously nott good enough YET.

I can see the other side of the argument I'm just old school and think we should do the right thing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]CFW - If the boot was on the other foot we'd go mad if another team - already relegated put out their kids to give them a run out agaisnt one of our relegation rivals and they capitualted easily and we went down.

I would have thought that the last thing out religation rivals would want to see is us putting out our so called "strongest side" considering that it is our strongest side that has been so useless all season and got us in this mess!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]fair enough BFR but they haven't played all season so they obviously nott good enough YET.

I can see the other side of the argument I'm just old school and think we should do the right thing.

Again, I'm not saying they should start but be on the bench and get a few minutestowards the end of a game. Of course a manager has to take into consideration a starting player getting injured early on and a youth player having to play most of the game, but I think it's time we looked to our future and stopped worrying what other clubs may think of us if we play one or two youth team players.
  • Options
    LOL

Of course the one thing that's missing here is that we should be able to trust the manager to make the judgement.

Enough said
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]

I would have thought that the last thing out religation rivals would want to see is us putting out our so called "strongest side" considering that it is our strongest side that has been so useless all season and got us in this mess!

LOL Can;t argue with that
  • Options
    Wouldn't be much harm in giving Solly, Arter or Tuna 15 minutes or so from the bench. Tuna came on the other day, Arter's already made his debut, and Solly is captaining the reserves at 17/18 ahead of 'older youngsters'.
  • Options
    We are sitting at the bottom and last nights performance was hopeless, i'd be more worried if I was a Norwich supporter if Charlton decided to change things around a bit.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]fair enough BFR but they haven't played all season so they obviously nott good enough YET.

I can see the other side of the argument I'm just old school and think we should do the right thing.[/quote]

Not good enough yet, according to who? The management team? - you must have more faith in them than I do. The very team who delayed Jonjo's entry onto the scene when it is obvious that he's been ready for nearly a year. He did not become a better player because he wasn't playing. He had a couple of less than good games at the beginning of the season, granted - although his dead ball kicks alone were worth his place in the team - but he only needed a couple more games to adjust. Instead of which he was dumped on the bench. What a waste.

And as for playing our strongest side - do you honestly think that people like Kandol are better than someone like Tamer Tuna? It's not possible to be worse than Kandol - he was scandalously bad last night. Or Butterfeet. Or... fill in your own list. If I was Derby or Norwich I'd look at our 'strongest' team and think," They're crap, bring it on!"