Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Cardiff - Match TONIGHT by the way !

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
I suppose its to be expected there is hardly much talk / interest in this game, but given its a rearranged fixture, i reckon there will be quite a few people that haven't got a clue there is a game tonight.

Either through ignorance or lack of interest, i expect tonight to be the worst turn out for a league game in x years.

Would you change the team around now, give certain youngsters a shot etc ?

Comments

• Options
    I have voted for a Charlton because i want us to win bad. Cheer me up it will!
  • Options
    think a few of the out of contract players could play as im sure the scouts are sniffing around already somone said earlier about Hudson being outstanding tonight as its his job interview with the bluebirds.. out of the 11 would be good to see at least 3 youngsters in the starting line up and the bench full to the brim with academy talent.
  • Options
    A draw...

I'd like to see Solly and one or two other young players on the bench at least.
  • Options
    I've gotne for a draw, I'm meant to be playing 5 a side at Goals tonight and I'm genuinely torn between the two. Usually it'd be a no brainer I'd be at The Valley, but as it means absolutely sod all I might just play myself...
  • Options
    Can't see past a Cardiff win myself but you never know! Going myself but mainly cos the kids want to go. Woudl quite happily put my feet up tonight.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'd like to see this line up tonight

Elliott
    Solly---Clark---Ward---Basey

Sam---Jonjo---Racon---Bailey

Burton---Tuna Sandwich

I suspect my team would lose but hey! It's already over.
  • Options
    I suspect most people couldn't give a flying f*** that we are playing tonight, I contemplated staying in and watching Liverpool v Arsenal, however will now go.

I fully expect us to win tonight and probably play really well followed by all the usual 'if we'd played like that all season crap'

I'm looking forward to the Norwich game but mainly cause it's a bank holiday sunday, hopefully a nice day and can have a good laugh and a piss up.....can't seem to muster the same enthuiasm for tonight!!

As other's have said, I'd rather see a bunch of kids and 'Charlton' players out there tonight, only play a loanee if absolutely necessary i.e injury.
  • Options
    ill be there

Think we will win

Nothing to play for now so no pressure
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Gone for a draw.

Would like to see a squad with next year in mind...get Solly, Tuna, Basey, Arter, Dickson, maybe even Clark or Mambo involved.
  • Options
    Given our financial situation and the meaningless nature of this and our other 2 remaining fixtures, I shall be extremely annoyed if any loanees feature this evening. Both Ward and Buttercup should have had their loans terminated already - their places could be taken by Mambo or Holland in central defence and Moutouakil or Solly at right-back. The money we save from returning them to their parent clubs can be passed on to the poor sods who are losing their jobs in the middle of a recession as a result of our shambolic season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it is important to continue finishing the season with some momentum, so I'd expect and hope more or less the best team - irrespective of contracts finishing next month.

If someone's contract can be terminated before the end of the season then that I'm sure that is being considered, but I doubt it is the case.
  • Options
    They lost 6-0 at the weekend.

I reckon we'll do them 7 nil
  • Options
    Watch out for the penalty Cardiff will almost certainly get.

I would imagine there will be a large turnout by Cardiff, who are still chasing 2nd place for now.
  • Options
    OS seems to think the team will be the same which will be a shame and I think a waste of an opportunity to try out some youngsters.
               Elliot

Solly Hudson Ward Basey

Sam Jonjo Racon Bailey

Dickson Kandol/Burton

As much as we'd like to see it we're not going to see three or four youngsters start, more likely a couple, so I'd like to see Solly get his debut and give Basey a game in place of Youga.

Bring on Arter and Tuna. Would be nice to see Mambo or Clark on the bench but I can't see it happening.

I'd like to see Dickson and Kandol or Burton get a game together, though I think we'll carry on with the 4-5-1, making it very unlikely that Dickson never mind Tuna will start.

Ward and Hudson will have to play simply because there are no other natural centre backs, asking a bit too much of Mambo to throw him in at the moment.
  • Options
    I have no interest in the game. I will be there to have a couple of pints with mates - if I can persaud them to go to the Camden or Red Barn instead then all the better.
  • Options
    I cannot believe the vote on here! I think we'll get walloped. However I think we'll do to Norwich what we did to Coventry last season and relegate the Cannaries with us. They will have to rely on other results going their way if they are not in the bottom 3 by then.
  • Options
    It's all very well to say blood the kids, but it'll serve no purpose setting them up as lambs for the slaughter.

Having said that, no reason not to try out Chris Solly at RB - he's waited long enough, having put in some sterling performances in the reserves as captain. So his time should be now.

I still can't see Parky throwing caution to the winds and going for an out and out 4-4-2.

But it's not a defensive 4-5-1, with Shelvey pushed up in the hole, Sam stretching defenders wide and ZZ, Racon and Bailey sniffing round the edge of the box to take a pop with any loose balls, so there's a fair bit of artillery out there.

Burton/Kandol up front no doubt - but no harm having Tuna on the bench again, maybe with Arter, Basey or Holland to cover CB, and Dicko - although it could be Waggy again, as he's been getting good press lately.

I can't see any other changes.
  • Options
    Charlton win because the pressures off. Would like to see some of the youngsters get a start but it probably won't happen. I'll be there in a nicely drunken haze hopefully.
  • Options
    draw.

we should play the side that has seen relative success in the last 5 games.

don't feel that we should play the kids.
    imo that would be very hypocritical of how i felt when liverpool got beat by our relegation rivals fulham in the prem.
  • Options
    Nice that we still have some confidence in our team. Think we should start playing who might be around next season and give the little uns a chance
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cardiff need it more than we do and their players probabley want it more than we do. Oh and Cardiff are a better team than we are.
  • Options
    Away win, they have more on it than us.

Plus im going and havent seen us win since the Swansea game :(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]Given our financial situation and the meaningless nature of this and our other 2 remaining fixtures, I shall be extremely annoyed if any loanees feature this evening. Both Ward and Buttercup should have had their loans terminated already

I'm guessing the loan deals expire at the end of the season so we can't send them back (like Millwall and McLeod). And if we did, we'd still be paying for them.

I personally don't feel we should start loads of kids, as Cardiff are a decent side and what good will it do our kids to get battered 4 or 5-0? Maybe Solly could start. But nothing wrong with bringing on a couple of youngsters for the last 15 minutes
  • Options
    Play your Stongest Side & still lose as you have to be fair to the rest of the league :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]It's all very well to say blood the kids, but it'll serve no purpose setting them up as lambs for the slaughter.

Having said that, no reason not to try out Chris Solly at RB - he's waited long enough, having put in some sterling performances in the reserves as captain. So his time should be now.

Yep that's the reason it won't happen. Throwing in Solly, Mambo and Clark all at the same time wouldn't do them much good.

We've seen it in the case of Wagstaff, Pardew played him against Bilbao and Yeovil and he struggled through it before being taken off at half time. Since then he's had a couple of loan spells that should have helped him.

Got to play them when they are ready, and from what I've seen, Solly is ready for a few games, but it's too early for Mambo, Clark and Tuna to be starting, especially considering the positions Mambo and Tuna play. Probably easier to bring a young full back or winger in than a central player.
  • Options
    In any case, one debut at a time ....... nobody wants to come along to watch our reserve team play a wounded promotion contender.

Having surprisingly got thrashed 6-0 in their last game, you can bet your life Cardiff will be fired up tonight - or they'll get the kicking of a lifetime from their own manager.

Parkinsella will know that we need to put out our strongest side, for the sake of our own self-respect.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]

I've been given permission to give his name & he's called Corey Watts. He'll be in the same place tonight so I think a song is definitely in order!!!

Don't forget the Corey Watts song tonight ....!!!!

Blimey, he's a legend already.

;o)
  • Options
    jonjo starts 9 to2 with skybet anytime scorer ... that's a bit too skinny for me ....
    loads of london based cardiff fans there tonight
  • Options
    Only two (max) of our seven season tickets will be used tonight and we're not even going to the wrestling!
  • Options
    any more news on the lineup tonight?