Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++++THE MANAGEMENT POLL - STAY / GO / CHANGE ???+++++

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I want a clean sweep, this Management team has had plenty of time to get it right, but nothing has really improved.
  • Options
    This poll is suprisingly close don`t you all think ?
  • Options
    yep mainly because look what the last clean sweep did, We got relegated, and now again! yet last time we kept a manager when we were in real trouble did we not bounce back?
  • Options
    i thought that yesterday shg

now i think it is going more in the right direction

how many of those who had voted before last night have now changed from dont know to change or how many from the keep him camp are now dont knows
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]yep mainly because look what the last clean sweep did, We got relegated, and now again! yet last time we kept a manager when we were in real trouble did we not bounce back?

Parkinson is no Curbishley.
  • Options
    Nor Mike Bailey
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]yep mainly because look what the last clean sweep did, We got relegated, and now again! yet last time we kept a manager when we were in real trouble did we not bounce back?

Parkinson is no Curbishley.

But he is a bit of a Pardew
  • Options
    ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]This poll is suprisingly close don`t you all think ?

Many who voted for no change did it because we have no money to pay anyone off - certainly that was my perspective
  • Options
    Saw the after match interview with Parkinson after the game earlier.Looks like a dead man walking to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure who we can get next year to replace him, and its NOT Kinsella or Chris Powell or any other sentimental choice. It has to be an outsider who can kick the players into shape.

I agree about that, don't think we'd see an improvement at all with anyone like that in charge.
  • Options
    We need a dour Scotman who will be as miserable as we are.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Saw the after match interview with Parkinson after the game earlier.Looks like a dead man walking to me.

being charlton manager should come with a health warning, curbs, les reed , pardew and now parky looked awful as their management tenures came to a close but dowie always looked awful!!
  • Options
    I think the most suprising thing in that poll is how few people have confidence in Kin's stepping up. Would rather him have been given a chance as manager at Christmas (he couldn't have don any worse after all) but now he looks like he's too closely associated with the Parkinson to ever get a crack at it in our opinion. Shame really but understandable.
  • Options
    Whatever the board do with regard to manager will be risky but I really do think Kins would be a risk too far and who would want to see him strugle and lose the enormous respect and affection he currently enjoys with us all.
  • Options
    Just one point.

If Parky is responsible for giving away a two goal lead then who is responsible for getting it in the first place?
    Surely him too, no?

All in all it was a draw against a play-off team. Not bad for a team already relegated.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Just one point.

If Parky is responsible for giving away a two goal lead then who is responsible for getting it in the first place?
    Surely him too, no?

All in all it was a draw against a play-off team. Not bad for a team already relegated.

oh dear, another misguided soul.
  • Options
    Tell him to have a word with himself, Large

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Just one point.

Surely him too, no?

Yes, but when you're 2 up with 10 minutes left and you take off a more offensive player and replace him with a more defensive player and it backfires again, I don't then quite get why Parky says he can't understand why experienced players panicked.

It's because you made them Parky FFS . It's all well and good defending for your lives if you're good at it. However, all season we have caved in when the opposition put us under pressure for 10 minutes. So why does he persist in playing backs to the wall defending ?

Loads of people were screaming for the back 4 to get out and push up further for the last 20 mins or so. I always thought we would not win, even when we went 2 up. Everyone can see it except him. He induces it. I reckon we should try with no manager for the last 2 games and see how we get on :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I reckon we should try with no manager for the last 2 games and see how we get on

:-)

We've tried with no manager for 44 games now ......

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talking to north on another thread just now whatever happens would cheer us all up 200% is if Sir Chris Powell was back at the club in some form or another.
  • Options
    Not sure if I commentated but was also amazed so many people wanted no change -I voted before tuesdays debacle, which has brought a number of people back to reality.

Personally I think a clean sweep is in order every coach needs to go (except damian mathews see below). They have all been tained and we just need something fresh from management/leadership through to day to day training/coaching/tactics, we need a different perspective from what we have at the club presently. However I do not believe this will be done, purely on the cost factor.

Which brings me to point 2.

If the board want stability and a charlton man then, Damian Mathews (mentioned on another thread) would be a good shout, the transformation of results for the ressies since he's been in charge has been quite asonishing, he knows alot of the youth players having managed/coached all of them in one of the most succesful era's in the club, in regareds to u18's results, and being in League one now alot of these youngsters could be first team material now rather than just potential first team material.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]Not sure if I commentated but was also amazed so many people wanted no change -I voted before tuesdays debacle, which has brought a number of people back to reality.

Personally I think a clean sweep is in order every coach needs to go (except damian mathews see below). They have all been tained and we just need something fresh from management/leadership through to day to day training/coaching/tactics, we need a different perspective from what we have at the club presently. However I do not believe this will be done, purely on the cost factor.

Which brings me to point 2.

If the board want stability and a charlton man then, Damian Mathews (mentioned on another thread) would be a good shout, the transformation of results for the ressies since he's been in charge has been quite asonishing, he knows alot of the youth players having managed/coached all of them in one of the most succesful era's in the club, in regareds to u18's results, and being in League one now alot of these youngsters could be first team material now rather than just potential first team material.

now theres a man talking sense
  • Options
    I maybe in a minority of fans but I am not anti-Parkinson, but after the fragility of confidence manifest in the last couple of game I now agree with those who say that if we can get a good manager in then we need to replace the management team so we really have a fresh start next season.

There will be turnover of players, hopefully a new board to provide new impetus, and with a strong new managerial team as well then hopefully we can rid ourselves of the frailties of the last couple of seasons.

However I don't agree with change for change's sake and if we can't get a suitable replacement then I think we are better to let Parkinson rebuild the squad and prove himself to us next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I maybe in a minority of fans but I am not anti-Parkinson, but after the fragility of confidence manifest in the last couple of game I now agree with those who say that if we can get a good manager in then we need to replace the management team so we really have a fresh start next season.

There will be turnover of players, hopefully a new board to provide new impetus, and with a strong new managerial team as well then hopefully we can rid ourselves of the frailties of the last couple of seasons.

However I don't agree with change for change's sake and if we can't get a suitable replacement then I think we are better to let Parkinson rebuild the squad and prove himself to us next season.

WOOOOOOOOO Someone I can agree with!
  • Options
    Parky absolutely has to go, surely there's no argument, given his record.

Would like to keep Kins but I don't see why Chapple should be retained. He's been our chief scout that has recruited the likes of Paddy McCarthorse and the rest of Pardew and Parky's abysmal record of signing players.

Keep Kins - ditch the rest and come in Reg Varney.