Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2 wins over Easter??

At least the Southampton win has me dreaming again....I know it's stupid but just think, 2 wins over easter, results going in our favour elsewhere and suddenly we could be 5 points from safety with a game in hand !!

Comments

• Options
    lol
  • Options
    LOL worth dreaming I'spose.
  • Options
    Would be as good as my previous favourite Easter, beating Millwall on Good Friday and thrashing Chelsea on Easter Monday, both games at the Valley (and drawing at Orient in between on the Saturday) - mind you, it was 1977 :-)
  • Options
    and on the 3rd day we rose again...

tho my heartily religious father has blamed charlton's demise on playing last good friday at 3pm.
  • Options
    lets see how this thread looks at 5pm Saturday !
  • Options
    We might be on a life support machine, but we ain't quite gone yet, lol
  • Options
    good to know i wasn't the only idiot looking at the table thinking 'if we beat Birmingham....' !!
  • Options
    It's the hope that kills you... ;-)
  • Options
    I am not going to listen to any footie before Derby away and that will be my last game till next season
  • Options
    It's going to be incredibly annoying if we do turn it around, win a few games & then end up missing out by a point or on goal difference. Then the ghosts of Sheffield United, Doncaster, Watford, Blackpool etc etc will be coming back to haunt us...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After reading this, I'm gonna do the predictor on BBC. With the single condition that every home game is a 2-0 win & every away game is a 1-0 win.

We'll see what happens.
  • Options
    By then Southampton will be in Administration, so we'll go into the last game not even bottom and just 2 points behind 20th placed Plymouth Argyle.

Argyle draw with Barnsley.
    And Southampton end the season with a dramatic disputed winner at Forest.

Sub Dicko's winner in the 89th minute v Norwich ..... and Norwich are relegated on goal difference.
    But who with?

;o)
  • Options
    I actually think it's quite important that we do string a few good performances/ results together:

- Makes it more likely we can keep the core of the squad together - better chance of hanging on to Bailey, Racon, Shelvey if they are enjoying themselves
    - Means if we do keep Parky out of necessity. more peopl will have a bit more faith in him
    - Should help with S/T renewals
    - Gives the directors more confidence that we can bounce straight back
    - Gives us impetus for the start of next season

We're so far adrift that even with a good run, we're unlikley to get that close to staying up - it is all about looking to next season and having some stability/ foundations for that.
  • Options
    IF we win every game we can get 50 points.

Leicester were relegated last season with more points than that.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    CrazyOptimistsPrediction.jpg

That's what I ended up with (ignore the goal-difference of QPR & Wolves, accidentally said Wolves would win 21-1). In theory we could draw one of our games and the equation would still be the same, a win needed on the final day.

One game left to play, against Norwich. Funnily enough Nottm Forest & Southampton play on the final day at the City Ground. :)

--Charlton--
    Birmingham (h): 2-0
    Coventry (a): 0-1
    Blackpool (h): 2-0
    Cardiff (h): 2-0
    Derby (a): 0-1

--Southampton--
    Watford (a): 2-1
    Wolves (a): 3-0
    Palace (h): 2-1
    Sheff Wed (a): 2-2
    Burnley (h): 0-2

--Nottm Forest--
    Bristol City (h): 1-1
    Sheff Utd (a): 3-1
    Coventry (h): 1-1
    Blackpool (a): 2-2

--Norwich--
    Swansea (a): 2-0
    Watford (h): 1-1
    Ipswich (a): 1-2
    Reading (h): 0-2

I don't think I've been too unrealistic with the other teams results.
  • Options
    We have a chance if we win every game, that shows it could be very tight even if we do though. If Norwich or Forest get a couple of wins and a draw it wouldn't be enough.
  • Options
    The point of all that was to show we're not doomed just yet. Take one game at a time. This league is so poor that anyone can beat anyone if they play with a bit of confidence.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Callumcafc[/cite]The point of all that was to show we're not doomed just yet. Take one game at a time. This league is so poor that anyone can beat anyone if they play with a bit of confidence.

And Callum's right of course, take one game at a time.

But to even stand a chance, this team has got to put in the performance of their lives for 6 consecutive matches.
    It's a tall order even for clubs at the other end of the table.

And, of course, it depends on the results of 3 other clubs as well as our own.

As Callum and every football person knows, one game at a time.
    That's all you can ever play.

;o)
  • Options
    If ever a Charlton team owed the fans something it is this lot.......even if it is too late, surely have the guts to at least compete and try your hardest. What we need is 11 players with the commitment like Carlos Tavez, the guy run his heart out yesterday, after flying back from South America having been 'tonked'. Come on guys it is getting serious the wife's porche will have to be sold at this rate!
  • Options
    Even if we win every game I don't think it will be enough but as Weegie says lots of good reasons to finish on a high and we might even enjoy it.

But if we just need a win against Norwich...

Anyone remember Bolton at home in 82/3/4?

Last game of the season

us or them to go down.

We were losing 1-0 with 20 mins to go.

What happened next?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Even if we win every game I don't think it will be enough but as Weegie says lots of good reasons to finish on a high and we might even enjoy it.

Last game of the season

us or them to go down.

What happened next?

KILLER !!!

2 goals, followed by 2 more from Gritty and Carl Harris to make it 4-1.
  • Options
    I remember that game too - we were there with my Mum's cousin's husband, who was an avid Bolton fan.

Poor Bernard....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Even if we win every game I don't think it will be enough but as Weegie says lots of good reasons to finish on a high and we might even enjoy it.

Last game of the season

us or them to go down.

What happened next?

KILLER !!!

2 goals, followed by 2 more from Gritty and Carl Harris to make it 4-1.

you, me, Weegie, Bernard and only 8,716 others there to see it. The good old days
  • Options
    I was there with my brother

only another 8,714
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    And my Dad and family friend Michael. So that only leaves 8,712 to find...
  • Options
    I was there with my Dad
  • Options
    When did we last have back to back wins again?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]When did we last have back to back wins again?

1973, Stu
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    1973, Stu

Nailed on to win our next game then!!!

Bloody better, I'll be there!
  • Options
    It's a shame Plymouth find the occassional odd goal to drag themselves clear because they lack any sort of quality to make a fight of it. Normally you'd think four home games out of our last six would give us a chance of getting 14 points say, but playing 4-5-1 at home is going to make it less likely we win these games although it gives us a chance away.

Despite the fact that we were all but down months ago, I can't help feeling that we might still be in the mix if we'd have been a bit more adventurous and positive at home.