Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• do we need ANOTHER defensive midfielder ??? I'd prefer someone who can go FORWARD with the ball.

Fuller's goal yesterday was a joy to behold - to actually see a player win the ball, turn and run wiuth it, beat a defender, shoot & score !!

How many do we have at the club? We're full of attacking players our whole midfield and strikers on saturday were attcking players
  • The only true defensive midfielders we have are Hollands and Hughes, and Hughes has a long term injury problem
  • Clingan was excellent for Forest and Norwich and highly rated at Coventry, simply because Coventry were relegated, it doesn't make him a poor player.

He has 33 caps for Northern Ireland and is still in their squad I believe.

He is a free transfer and probably won't cost the earth in wages what is there to dislike?

Think he will improve us.
  • Hollands isn't really a defensive midfielder. He's a box-to-box midfielder who is strong in the tackle but his best attribute is his passing. I like Stephens but Hollands has a better and more consistent range of passing than him in my opinion and it would be nice to see a scenario where Hollands is freed up a bit. He's seemed confused over his role in the midfield this season so a proper holding midfielder would be great
  • I'd have Clingan like a shot. Might get a few red cards due to the warlike nature of his people?
  • Hollands is painfully slow. Needs a bit of pace around him and neither Stephens or JJ provide that.
  • Ideally we need a CM that can carry the ball and add some pace and aggression to our midfield.

An Andy Reid type that can play out wide would also improve the team.

Midfield yesterday was very attacking, not sure how they'd cope against teams like Blackpool and Brighton.
  • if SCP wants him I want him
  • Does he have pointed ears? #startrekjoke
  • Exactly JJ did the job what does that tell you

That we dont have one and had to find one from within the squad

JJ wont last the season there and you need two players in every postition
  • Sponsored links:

• Someone is convinced he's joining - they've already updated wikipedia! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sammy_Clingan
  • Does he have pointed ears? #startrekjoke

No, but he does have an unsightly ridge running down the middle of his forehead.

• Cov fans say he was a waste of £8k a week and called him sideways Sammy

I've always thought he was decent though
  • I can see a restrained defensive midfielder not being too popular with a team on the slide towards relegation. Might not be a good indicator
  • Boy were camera phones bad a few years ago.
  • From what I heard and seen of him, I doubt he will add much to our side. We need to be sigining free agents and loanees from the edge of the PL, not free agents from recently relegated championship sides
  • Yeah, like Reo-Coker. Can't afford him though.
  • NRC linked with Fulham now, could be far more attractive for him wage wise and still in London. Can see it happening
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

From what I heard and seen of him, I doubt he will add much to our side. We need to be sigining free agents and loanees from the edge of the PL, not free agents from recently relegated championship sides

I said this at the beginning of the season, however with the boardroom shenanigans, I think this is where we will be picking up players. The only way we will get better quality players is if we pick up players on a monthly or pay-as-you-play contracts.
  • From the old fave

24 Sep 2012 10:53:23
    Ex Reading and Bristol City free agent Kalifi Cissi was on trial at Charlton Athletic but no deal no seems likely.

Charlton also have no interest in Sammy Clinghan as a deal for Nigel Reo Coker is close if Chris Powell is able to offer the two year deal that the former Villa player wants.

• Dizzle said:

From the old fave

Ex Reading and Bristol City free agent Kalifi Cissi was on trial at Charlton Athletic but no deal no seems likely.

Charlton also have no interest in Sammy Clinghan as a deal for Nigel Reo Coker is close if Chris Powell is able to offer the two year deal that the former Villa player wants.

Where did you get the bit on Reo-Coker? This would be great news if his attitude can be tamed by CP. He would shine at this level and give our midfield a real boost.
  • If we need a bit of pace in the centre of midfield, look no further than Bradley Pritchard, the guy is quick,hes got a great engine and can tackle
  • @c4fcdenmark

Same Football rumours post mate
  • I can see a restrained defensive midfielder not being too popular with a team on the slide towards relegation. Might not be a good indicator

You mean Coventry , and not us? :-0

• Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP
    #cafc definitely out of the running for #millwall's Dany N'Guessan. Priority now is a CM and LB with the money that is available.
  • Dizzle said:

From the old fave

I hear cissi is a bit of a wuss..
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP
    #cafc definitely out of the running for #millwall's Dany N'Guessan. Priority now is a CM and LB with the money that is available.

What money?

Looking forward to seeing a CM come in.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!