Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Just looking at the premier squad lists which were announced earlier this week and noticed that Ephraim is in the QPR main squad alongside BWP! ....according to the Daily Mail
  • edited September 2012
    I'd expect to see some movement soon Slater and Jiminez will know where we need to strengthen. Love us to sign Reo Coker and Jenas would probably be a improvement on what we have despite not playing much the past few years
  • Just been checked and surprise surprise for the second year running QPR have the most experienced players not making the cut , this year it is four DJ Campbell, Rob Hulse, Radek Cerny and Luke Young .Other omissions elsewhere include Norwich defender Elliott Ward and Manchester City midfielder Michael Johnson .

Out of those Ward who has been linked with us previously and played with SCP at West Ham early in his career could do a job on loan whilst Taylor is injured ,but I understand he might be bound for Bristol City .Cerny was the sort of experienced Keeper I thought we may go for before we secured Button .Young would have been good if we had lost Solly ,but I can't see it now . I can't see how Campbell and Hulse would add to our squad and Johnson seems to be a big risk given the amount of time he has been out but he is a cm who could add some quality to us.

• Dj campbells a decent championship striker, would make more of an impact than n'guessan would have done, and would be better than Haynes imo
  • I read somewhere that former club Blackpool were in for DJ Campbell
  • edited September 2012
    Richard J said:

Just been checked and surprise surprise for the second year running QPR have the most experienced players not making the cut , this year it is four DJ Campbell, Rob Hulse, Radek Cerny and Luke Young .Other omissions elsewhere include Norwich defender Elliott Ward and Manchester City midfielder Michael Johnson .

Out of those Ward who has been linked with us previously and played with SCP at West Ham early in his career could do a job on loan whilst Taylor is injured ,but I understand he might be bound for Bristol City .Cerny was the sort of experienced Keeper I thought we may go for before we secured Button .Young would have been good if we had lost Solly ,but I can't see it now . I can't see how Campbell and Hulse would add to our squad and Johnson seems to be a big risk given the amount of time he has been out but he is a cm who could add some quality to us.

I agree with everything you've said above bar Johnson. It was talked about on here a few weeks ago and the guy isn't even a proper footballer anymore, he's really let him self go so no thanks.
  • This business around Stephens seems like bad news if he now has one eye on the exit - no blame on him, but a bit concerned that it may impact on the team.
  • Birmingham sign Leroy Lita on a 3month loan

not until Saturday they don't, loan window opens then

• Sponsored links:

• Srtikers is one area that I have no concerns whatsoever.

It is midfield that I think we are seriously laking Chammpionship quality
  • DN'G on loan unfortunately
  • DN'G on loan unfortunately

on loan to whom?
  • To us I fear. No source.
  • Srtikers is one area that I have no concerns whatsoever.

It is midfield that I think we are seriously laking Chammpionship quality

Yep, I think there was a huge difference in class on saturday and someone with a bit of champ/prem experience in the middle would be great/needed
  • Somen Tchoyi has been released and is supposedly training with Birmingham. He is only 29 and an attacking midfield player. He always looked pretty tidy for WBA.

not until Saturday they don't, loan window opens then

I believe this was an emergency loan.
  • Somen Tchoyi has been released and is supposedly training with Birmingham. He is only 29 and an attacking midfield player. He always looked pretty tidy for WBA.

thought he was doing really well for them surprised they let him go
  • The 'New David Beckham' as he was dubbed a few years ago, is now joining a struggling Russian League side on loan, bit of a fall from grace eh?
  • Bentley is a knob
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

The 'New David Beckham' as he was dubbed a few years ago, is now joining a struggling Russian League side on loan, bit of a fall from grace eh?

pretty wild comparison, especially since becks is meant to be a really lovely guy and david bentley is up there with barton as one of the most disliked people in football
  • I thought Danny Green was the new David Beckham? Or was he the David Beckham of the Championship?
  • Bentley is a knob

Met him once, complete twat
  • Robbie Savage tells a story which sums Bentley up. On a night out in Blackburn Bentley jumped up on top of a car signing there is only one David Bentley.
  • Robbie Savage tells a story which sums Bentley up. On a night out in Blackburn Bentley jumped up on top of a car signing there is only one David Bentley.

At least he was being considerate and not shouting!

• On Sky ,Stoke have made these players available after the 25 man squads have been announced .

Stoke chief executive Tony Scholes admits they plan to send out a number of fringe players on loan in a bid to balance the books.

Danny Higginbotham, Michael Tonge, Diego Arismendi and Mama Sidibe were all left out of the maximum 25-man Premier League squad following a busy reshuffling of the squad during the transfer window.

Michael Owen's arrival at the Britannia Stadium earlier this week brought the number of new faces to seven and Stoke are prepared to let a few move out on loan when the emergency window opens on Saturday.

"The fact we have made seven signings speaks for itself," Scholes told the Stoke Sentinel. "The backing that the Coates family has again given the club is incredible.

"Now we have to balance things and move some players out as well.

"It's fair to say we have ended up with more in the squad than is appropriate."

Arismendi played against us for Huddersfield last season as a cm and by all accounts ( I was not at the game ) played well .Higgingbottom is 33 a CB who hardly played last season .Sidibe is an ex Gills striker ,I think Tonge was linked with us early in his career but seems to have been sent out on loan over the last two years .
  • Wouldn't have any
  • I know this is off topic but what bus goes to sparrows lane?

Sorry I just didn't wanna start a new thread for this
  • Sidibe hasn't played properly since 2009.
  • steve123 said:

I know this is off topic but what bus goes to sparrows lane?

Sorry I just didn't wanna start a new thread for this

B13 Stops in Avery Hill Road,Sparrows Lane is off of AHR
    321,314,160,233 go to New Eltham about a 10 min walk
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!