Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• If we can turn down 1.5m we are either minted or confident we can get more

If we're turning that down I expect the offer we do/have accepted for to be much much higher
  • supaclive said:

Bless you cafcfan1990 - I was very right about the amount of business last pre season and way out on the January transfer window - but most likely because we were so far ahead of forecasted position. The one I got ridiculed for was Wagstaff leaving ... now there's been plenty of other people on here saying we are offering him to various clubs. Look - if you don't like the rumour don't read it or don't believe it. I'm only telling you what I have been told - and who it is from! I will certainly have no pleasure in saying "I told you so" should Solly be leaving!

I thought you got ridiculed for some Belgian and Moroccan aswell? I was just trying to ascertain how reliable your info was.
    If Solly does go, you can hardly say told you so can you. It's hardly a rumour from nowhere, there is a very good chance he will be leaving.
  • Hilarious. Keep punting these sure things and you'll get one right in the end and you can forevermore bask in insider status SC. I'd bet my truckload of Payner the Town Red tshirts and Amazing Secret Backer headbands. Even a stopped clock.....
  • This whole business regarding solly hammer and stephens is doing my head in. iv got a 2000 word essay to write and this is dominating my mindset!
  • This whole business regarding solly hammer and stephens is doing my head in. iv got a 2000 word essay to write and this is dominating my mindset!

hamer is not going anywhere. Its just people conjuring up rumours because they think they know about transfers because they once got charlton to the champions league in football manager. Sully is probably going out on loan. Button is just competition and more of a possible replacement for sullivan

• Dont put iv in the essay
  • Dont put iv in the essay

Siva
  • supaclive said:

Bless you cafcfan1990 - I was very right about the amount of business last pre season and way out on the January transfer window - but most likely because we were so far ahead of forecasted position. The one I got ridiculed for was Wagstaff leaving ... now there's been plenty of other people on here saying we are offering him to various clubs. Look - if you don't like the rumour don't read it or don't believe it. I'm only telling you what I have been told - and who it is from! I will certainly have no pleasure in saying "I told you so" should Solly be leaving!

I thought you got ridiculed for some Belgian and Moroccan aswell? I was just trying to ascertain how reliable your info was.
    If Solly does go, you can hardly say told you so can you. It's hardly a rumour from nowhere, there is a very good chance he will be leaving.
    No - the Belgian and Moroccan were not me!
  • We need a we want you to stay song for Solly ready for Saturday.
  • I've just seen Tony Jimenez running up Floyd Road with £5M hanging out of his back pocket :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Mrbacon said:

We need a we want you to stay song for Solly ready for Saturday.

If he plays on Saturday it means he has stayed as the deadline is Friday night!!
  • Mrbacon wouldnt satuaday be to late my friend ;)
  • Mrbacon said:

That's easy. To the only tune anyone uses.

We want you to stay, we want you to staaaay
    Chris Solly we want you to stay.

• He would be gone by sat!
  • Joshuk87 said:

He would be gone by sat!

Thats a great positive attitude ...
  • if the price is right for jimenez any player at our club will be sold.
  • Well Blackburn are going back in to get Rhodes and seem confident they'll get him. That would be a real body blow for the Terriers at this late stage, much worse than Solly and Stephens for us.
  • boogica said:

if the price is right for jimenez any player at our club will be sold.

Probably true but that's a little unfair. The same is true of any owner.

• boogica said:

Yes but it's about how you manage those pressures to get long term progress.

But let's see. No one's gone yet.

• boogica said:

Well if it was not for Jimenez we probably would still be in league 1 and would have had to sell Solly and most of are assets just to stay afloat.

• Sponsored links:

• Craig Noone to Cardiff. Thought we were after him at one point?
  • Seems we are back with the old are we are we not skint or minted. After last seasons fantastic efforts I was looking for us to build on that success with the addition of about four quality players. Fuller aside which was right out of left field I don't think we have. That tells me that money is not there in any great amount.
  • No, that was Peter Noone, but he failed the height test.
  • sralan said:

No, that was Peter Noone, but he failed the height test.

That's because he's a (Hermans) Hermit.

I am so old!

• Whatever happens happens. We may be out of money but I believe we are still an attractive investment for someone to have a gamble with. I would imagine/hope with Jiminez and Prothero they'll have a few contacts between them to hopefully solve issues long term.
  • Mrbacon said:

That's easy. To the only tune anyone uses.

We want you to stay, we want you to staaaay
    Chris Solly we want you to stay.

super chris solly*, flows better
  • Might have been put on here earlier , so appo's if seen before , but West Ham & Bolton after Solly

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11684/8027805/Duo-bid-for-Addicks-ace
  • boogica said:

yes very true ,but nobody has gone yet ,as i said if the price is right any player at our club will be sold guess thats just the norm of supporting charlton,never had a go at jimenez.

• Seems we are back with the old are we are we not skint or minted. After last seasons fantastic efforts I was looking for us to build on that success with the addition of about four quality players. Fuller aside which was right out of left field I don't think we have. That tells me that money is not there in any great amount.

Or we are just being prudent and not willing to pay over the odds for players just for the sake of it.
  • 53 hours of dread coming up...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!