Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options
    Bolton set to sign Jay Spearing for 3m. Would say they are more likely to be in the PL next season than we are (imo)
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

There's a 10 percent sale on clause on stephens contract which oldham will receive apparently

Then with the money they receive they can go and buy Clarke off us (If this all happens of course).
    They can get a much better player with 140k :-)
    Shhhhhhhh ... don't spoil the surprise
  • Options
    Don't rate Spearing at all.
  • Options

My Dad's a LFC fan and he thinks the same having watched him via the sofa for the last few years ... no progression he reckons.
  • Options
    Bolton already have 3 right backs, they don't really need another.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Chrispy51 said:

If the way we have played so far this season will continue I would rather Solly go than Stephens. Solly has been left exposed so although sound defensively we haven't seen anywhere near as much of his attacking threat as we saw last year, which is the reason he is worth the money being mentioned. If we could get £2m+ for Solly we could replace with an older head at right back who is not expected to get forward as much and either an extra body in central midfield or use the money to help sure-up the club's finances.

Stephens offers what our other midfielders do not, and that is composure, an eye for a pass and discipline. For me, he reminds me of Matt Holland, I would frequently sit there thinking that he has done NOTHING all game, but when watching him specifically you see that he is always looking for the ball and setting up plays. Not putting the final ball in but enabling the final ball to be played. I think it is that reason that he gets marked down, because unless you are watching him specifically he can appear annonymous. IMO he is our most important midfielder.

Surely if we're being "exposed defensively" we need to keep our best defenders? A slightly attacking midfielder would be the least of our worries.

I didn't say we are being exposed defensively, I said that Solly is being left exposed which is dampening his attacking threat. We could bring in a more defensive and experienced RB for less than we get for Solly leaving the extra money to be invested as the board sees fit.
  • Options
    I rate Solly but think most would be happy with 3mil plus Young in on loan
  • Options
    @SkySports: Sky Sports understands West Ham and Bolton have bid for Charlton Athletic defender Chris Solly. #CAFC #WHUFC #BWFC http://t.co/TmAk9nCT
  • Options
    The positive news I have heard is that both bids are unwelcome. Of course every player has his price, but if they want their players, it seems West Ham and Villa are going to have to pay it.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Bolton and West Ham both had bids rejected by us earlier in the transfer window
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Genuinely don't think that Solly will go to Bolton, although if given a chance I doubt he would turn down West Ham.
  • Options
    This is currently the negotiations taking place from the Charlton board room:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTmXHvGZiSY
  • Options
    I would hazard a guess that our valuation of Stephens is about what Sheff Utd want for Quinn. No coincidence in my opnion.
  • Options
    JJ just put this on Twitter..... @johnnie_jackson

Bolton and West Ham obviously don't realise that @cjsolly will not go anywhere without Waggy
  • Options

Bolton and West Ham obviously don't realise that @cjsolly will not go anywhere without Waggy

It's funny because it's true
  • Options

Looks like he is off to Forest then...
  • Options
    Judging from all our signings thus far, don't think that either SCP or our Board are naive when it comes to transfers (Clarke and Alonso aside). Suspect that if there's a will/need to sell either or both of Solly and Stephens, other players to replace them will already be lined up, albeit with cost benefits to the club with a view to addressing any budget shortfall this season. Harsh reality of football without super rich investors/owners willing to fritter away some of their hard earned fortunes. SCP will get the most out of whatever he's got, of that I'm sure!
  • Options
    Looks like both Wet Spam and Bolton are in for Solly. Can't believe he would go to Bolton as it is hardly what you would call a step up.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Surely I'm not the only one thinking this? .......we signed a lot of players this time last year.
    Several of those involved transfer fees, with the initial installment paid upfront to the selling club.

Now 12 months later, the next installments of those transfer fees are due.
    And we can't pay all of them.

Could be another reason we need cash right now.
  • Options
    Brunello said:

I would hazard a guess that our valuation of Stephens is about what Sheff Utd want for Quinn. No coincidence in my opnion.

As is evident from my Profile Picture!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sky really stoking this transfer window up now.Every player and his dog being linked with every club.

Even got deadline day moved to a Friday night! ;-1
  • Options
    Good job we don't want Messi then!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Surely I'm not the only one thinking this? .......we signed a lot of players this time last year.
    Several of those involved transfer fees, with the initial installment paid upfront to the selling club.

Now 12 months later, the next instalments of the transfer fees are due.
    And we can't pay all of them.

Could be another reason we need cash right now.

When will all these supposed people out of pocket break their silence then?

• Options

He's a cheeky scamp isn't he!

He knows us fans are fretting and he just has a giggle

But it is true too :-)

• Options
    Are we not interested in David Button rumours then?
  • Options

Are we not interested in David Button rumours then?

Should be a new 'thread ' for that one.

• Options
    Chrispy51 said:

DRAddick said:

Chrispy51 said:

If the way we have played so far this season will continue I would rather Solly go than Stephens. Solly has been left exposed so although sound defensively we haven't seen anywhere near as much of his attacking threat as we saw last year, which is the reason he is worth the money being mentioned. If we could get £2m+ for Solly we could replace with an older head at right back who is not expected to get forward as much and either an extra body in central midfield or use the money to help sure-up the club's finances.

Stephens offers what our other midfielders do not, and that is composure, an eye for a pass and discipline. For me, he reminds me of Matt Holland, I would frequently sit there thinking that he has done NOTHING all game, but when watching him specifically you see that he is always looking for the ball and setting up plays. Not putting the final ball in but enabling the final ball to be played. I think it is that reason that he gets marked down, because unless you are watching him specifically he can appear annonymous. IMO he is our most important midfielder.

Surely if we're being "exposed defensively" we need to keep our best defenders? A slightly attacking midfielder would be the least of our worries.

I didn't say we are being exposed defensively, I said that Solly is being left exposed which is dampening his attacking threat. We could bring in a more defensive and experienced RB for less than we get for Solly leaving the extra money to be invested as the board sees fit.
    Ah I see, but still think Solly has proven himself a great defender and will be hard to replacve. For that reason alone I want him to stay, not because of his attacking.

• Options

Well, a bloke playing darts in the pub last spring said, 'Good player that Spearing' about fifteen times in ten minutes, so you're obviously wrong.
  • Options
    I stand corrected
  • Options
    I dont think much of spearing either tbh, Lucas, shelvey, rodgriguez, gerrard and aquilani should all have been in front of him last year
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!