Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options
    In an ideal world!
  • Options

Stop Shouting

I don't know where to start, and haven't got much time right now, but for now

1. What part of "transfer window closes 31.8" did you not understand?
    2. Modric leaving has been publically discussed since May

PA:

2) So has Solly's potential leaving
  • Options

A player who is under contract won't agree terms until the clubs agree a fee.

Officially ... but we all know how these things work

"I'm from "so-and-so" club ... but in an unofficial capacity ... would you be interested in £20k over 4 years ... off the record"

Its been like this for ages here in the UK .. and for decades on the continent
  • Options
    So you think Modric would have walked out on Spurs if he didn't know what RM were offering him, or Parker to Chelsea?
  • Options

and a bloke called Santa lives in the North Pole.

• Options

sorry to say but in this day and age I think you are wrong
  • Options
    New rumour?

http://www.slp.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=29543&headline=Charlton close in on Tottenham keeper
  • Options

not true, if selling Club believes a deal can be agreed they will allow player to speak to the buying Club to agree terms to speed things along. Anyway these days agents are contacted, sounded out, wages agreed etc before bids are put in. Not right but that is how it works. That is why you very rarely see deals fall through on salary issues as it's all done and dusted prior to bids being made.

• Options

New rumour?

http://www.slp.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=29543&headline=Charlton close in on Tottenham keeper

Not quite, Bill.

Seems like the SLP get all their stories from Charlton Life.

;o)
  • Options
    The goalie rumour bothers me as i think hamer is improving every game

And that is evident to all , dont think we need a keeper so why look
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The goalie rumour bothers me as i think hamer is improving every game

And that is evident to all , dont think we need a keeper so why look

Indeed he is.

However, IMO, Sullivan is not up to it as a replacement and at Champ level you need 2 decent keepers to push each other.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    West Ham News ‏@WHUFC_News

West Ham's bid for Chris Solly has been rejected. Another bid is expected to go in (via @WHU_Insider) #whufc #cafc

If true they must be thinking of upping their offer
  • Options

West Ham's bid for Chris Solly has been rejected. Another bid is expected to go in (via @WHU_Insider) #whufc #cafc

is that official twitter feed ?

• Options
    Button coming in doesn't surprise me at all. SCP has already stated that he wants Sullivan to go out on loan and for that to happen we had to sign another GK.
  • Options
    Not looking good with tweets like that

Surely social media in these instances is like t
  • Options

so they might not just offer the same again then ? .. or less ?

:o)
  • Options

is that official twitter feed ?

naa but this one is i think

West Ham Updates ‏@UpdatesWHU

We will lodge a second bid for Chris Solly. (Via @WHU_insider) #Whufc #cafc
  • Options
    could offer the same but with improved incentives for appearances, caps etc
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

No

When you become moderator we'll pay attention to what you have to say. All I keep reading is you telling people what they should or should be writing, if you don't like it ignore it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

New rumour?

Not quite, Bill.

Seems like the SLP get all their stories from Charlton Life.

;o)
    SLP can't even get that right. It says he hasn't played for Spurs 1st team. He did in a League Cup game against Donny I think. I know I'm hair splitting, but .....
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

No

No for what ?

• Options
    edited August 2012
    JT said:

Plaaayer said:

No

When you become moderator we'll pay attention to what you have to say. All I keep reading is you telling people what they should or should be writing, if you don't like it ignore it.
    What do Bury think about Stephens going to Villa?
  • Options

Stop Shouting

I don't know where to start, and haven't got much time right now, but for now

1. What part of "transfer window closes 31.8" did you not understand?
    2. Modric leaving has been publically discussed since May

PA:

2) So has Solly's potential leaving
    Nope. Modric leaving was all over the newspapers. Solly not at all, and I was told categorically by someone who would need to know that as of 8th August no bid had been received for Solly from West Ham or anyone else. At the same time, certain people on here had authoritative info that Solly had got as far as personal terms. The fact that my source didn't seem to know that, when it now seems to be true, is very worrying to me.

I know a bit about Daniel Levy. (from ENIC's adventures in Prague with Slavia and the fellow N.London Jewish businessmen out here who know him well). He is a very sharp operator, the whole Modric thing has been about maximising the sale price. And as you see, he knows exactly what he wants to do with the money. Before 31.8......

• Options
    I'll have a look on the Darlington forum
  • Options
    edited August 2012
  • Options

It's always surprised me how under valued Stephens is by many Charlton fans. A big loss if you ask me and 1m isn't a fair reflection of his value.

100% AGREE
  • Options

So this is how we rated him. What's the problem if he's replaced ?

Name Appearances Average Top Three MoM
    Chris Solly 44 7.39 20 10
    Yann Kermorgant 34 7.35 18 7
    Rhoys Wiggins 45 7.14 14 6
    Michael Morrison 45 7.13 12 3
    Matthew Taylor 38 7.02 6 1
    Danny Hollands 43 6.98 11 2
    Bradley Wright-Phillips 42 6.95 13 4
    Johnnie Jackson 35 6.90 5 2
    Ben Hamer 40 6.86 9 4
    Dale Stephens 29 6.648 3 1
    Danny Green 25 6.645 1 1

Not a fair reflection, he was injured for a long time
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

It's always surprised me how under valued Stephens is by many Charlton fans. A big loss if you ask me and 1m isn't a fair reflection of his value.

100% AGREE
    Also 100% agree. His corners for one thing - you would almost need to find a place in the team for Green to maintain any kind of set piece threat from the right footers.
  • Options
    The keeper connection doesn't worry me as CP has already said he wants to try and get someone in so he can let Sullivan go out on loan. The only thing that doesn't add up is the amount we're supposedly prepared to pay. Would hope/assume that the press have that number wrong.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!