Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jade Goody's imminent demise

Comments

• Options
    The woman is doing two things what should be applauded. Firstly as a parent she is trying to generate funds in which will give her children a comfoortable life. Christ knows what them poor kids are going to go through over the next few months and as a parent myself really does bring home that every with your kids should be a day that is cherished.

Secondly the fact that she is raising awareness to cervical cancer to women as well as men, this is another postive. Even this weekend i found myself asking my wife when she last had a check up.

Yes it is a circus, and yes it gets my nerves all the hype, bearing in mind it was only 18 months ago that some of these journalists were giving her a kicking in over what she said in the Celebrity BB House, now all of a sudden they are crying in their breakfast bowls and writting in their rag how lovely she is.

I am sure we have all lost loved ones to this illness, but if it can prevent or safe more of our loved by creating awareness then fair play to her.
  • Options
    All fair play to the raising awareness of cervical cancer, now one of the biggest killers amongst men over 40 is prostate cancer, so book an appointment with your doctors and go and have it checked out - make sutre they use some lube!!!!!

Of the two genders, men are way the worst for getting checked out.
  • Options
    Dont trust that Tweed fella, bit of a scoundrel i think. So I hope to god she has got all her financials sown up that it goes directly to the boys and the boys alone, or set up in a trust fund until they are older.

Its all so odd. I feel dreadfully sorry for her but think the press need to calm it all down now. She must be terrified.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Dont trust that Tweed fella, bit of a scoundrel i think. So I hope to god she has got all her financials sown up that it goes directly to the boys and the boys alone, or set up in a trust fund until they are older.

Its all so odd. I feel dreadfully sorry for her but think the press need to calm it all down now. She must be terrified.

My thoughts exactly Curb It. Would be awful to see her going through all this in the public eye only for that numpty to blow it all in a couple of years.
  • Options
    LOOK ill say it again STUBS1310 aka my Dad did not mean that he thought she is dying because of the raciscm issue.
    But all he was saying is does anyone think this which my dad doesn't think.
    All of you were wrong to critisise him he was only thinking of anyone else.
    He and me have relatives who are currently also suffering from Cancer but they get no recongition for it but Jade Goody does.
    AGAIN ON MINE AND HIS BEHALF WISH JADE GOODY THE BEST OF LUCK AND WISHES FOR HER FAMILY.
    Again i shall point out that i don't think we should be disccussing these sorts of things on A FOOTBALL FORUM SITE.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Dont trust that Tweed fella, bit of a scoundrel i think. So I hope to god she has got all her financials sown up that it goes directly to the boys and the boys alone, or set up in a trust fund until they are older.

My thoughts exactly Curb It. Would be awful to see her going through all this in the public eye only for that numpty to blow it all in a couple of years.

See my post earlier about his body language
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]LOOK ill say it again STUBS1310 aka my Dad did not mean that he thought she is dying because of the raciscm issue.
    But all he was saying is does anyone think this which my dad doesn't think.
    All of you were wrong to critisise him he was only thinking of anyone else.
    He and me have relatives who are currently also suffering from Cancer but they get no recongition for it but Jade Goody does.
    AGAIN ON MINE AND HIS BEHALF WISH JADE GOODY THE BEST OF LUCK AND WISHES FOR HER FAMILY.
    Again i shall point out that i don't think we should be disccussing these sorts of things on A FOOTBALL FORUM SITE.

It is in the "Not Sports Related" category which enables you to ignore it should you so wish.

Some of us like to discuss other issues too. Hence this category.
  • Options
    Thats just my opinion i do think that people should be aloud to discuss these issues but not in the way some people have.
  • Options
    Personally cant stand the women, becoming famous for being one of the thickest women in england and stripping off on a reailty tv show basically shows what a poor state this country is in and just how the modern world is falling apart, however as a parent i would want the best for my kids and if that meant selling my story and getting as much cash as poss then i would, a little bit of diginity tho never hurts, jeff brazier has kept out of the lime light i have noticed. anyway good luck to her.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]Thats just my opinion i do think that people should be aloud to discuss these issues but not in the way some people have.

I agree people should be able to discuss the subject but the use of the word "Karma" suggested to me that the Cancer was in some way deserved or caused by JG's racist remarks.

"Karma is a concept in Hinduism which explains causality through a system where beneficial effects are derived from past beneficial actions and harmful effects from past harmful actions, creating a system of actions and reactions throughout a person's reincarnated lives"

If I have read the remarks wrongly or your father meant something else then fine but the way it was written was, IMHO, badly misjudged and likely to draw the reaction that it has.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2009
    As one of the first to suggest that was what was been infered then apologies if that's not what he meant but as Henry points out it that's not the way it read.
  • Options
    Doctors do occasionally get their diagnosis wrong. So I am not so sure how imminent this lady's demise necessarily is.
    But in any event I am sure that the profile this has now reached means:-

a) Another book
    b) A film
    c) Perhaps a documentary on 'the final' days
    d) The funeral
    e) Post funeral relationships of husband
    f) The lives of the kids without Mum
    g) An xmas No1

I think it will be bad enough to lose Mum but I am pretty sure these actions will only make the lives of the children more difficult. And there will be plenty of people out there to make as much money as they can both before and after her passing.

I find the whole thing sad from start to beginning.
  • Options
    Right- to clarify the point I was trying to make...

I NEVER said she deserves to die for making such a remark but was trying to draw attention to the fact that in light of what she said, I wouldn't be surprised if THERE are some people who are thinking this, especially some of the more radical/fundamental elements in society. After all didn't they issue death threats and burn her effigy WHEN she did say these things,. have you ALL forgotten how this turned into an International incident with the never ending media coverage of the way some other nationalities reacted to it. Alot of those people who were calling for her death are from religious backgrounds that DO believe in Karma, They are the people I meant not me which is why I clarified the point by mentioning my rrelatives to say that NO-ONE deserves to die like this!! Some people are so narrow minded on this site that they do not read the whole post before making judgements!.
  • Options
    also, just to add, as someone who watched live the whole 45 minute conversation that took place at 1am in the big brother house, that was edited into a 3 minute blazing row which showed racist remarks completely out of context, the whole thing was blown out of proportion anyway and she should never have been branded a racist, but just ignorant and uneducated which she would have admitted before and after the show anyway, she's never made any excuses for that.

I do think that those who don't have anything nice to say shouldn't say anything at all.

Its very sad that a young person is leaving her two children to this disease, and if you don't want to read about it, turn the page, or buy a different paper. I know that it has highlighted awareness of the disease and the prevention methods in place, and the only good that can come of it, is that others will find out earlier if they have it themselves.

I think wiwlb and valleyman worded my thoughts better than I can.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite] and if you don't want to read about it, turn the page, or buy a different paper

I think thats were Ormy started this thread though. Its almost impossible to get away from the coverage because it is pretty much everywhere.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]and if you don't want to read about it, turn the page, or buy a different paper

I think thats were Ormy started this thread though. Its almost impossible to get away from the coverage because it is pretty much everywhere.

I accept that and I know Ormy wasn't necessarily complaining, rather making an observation. my post was really for those who have a big problem with it, if it bothers them, dont read/buy it. I've read some awful things on facebook, various comments, groups set up counting down the days, and I find it frankly disturbing that people can't keep their vile opinions to themselves.

essentially, she is a dying 23 yr old with 2 very young sons. thats the main story, and I appreciate it is happening everywhere and they don't get the same coverage or nations sympathy, but its still a very sad story.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: stubs1310[/cite]Right- to clarify the point I was trying to make...

I NEVER said she deserves to die for making such a remark but was trying to draw attention to the fact that in light of what she said, I wouldn't be surprised if THERE are some people who are thinking this, especially some of the more radical/fundamental elements in society. After all didn't they issue death threats and burn her effigy WHEN she did say these things,. have you ALL forgotten how this turned into an International incident with the never ending media coverage of the way some other nationalities reacted to it. Alot of those people who were calling for her death are from religious backgrounds that DO believe in Karma, They are the people I meant not me which is why I clarified the point by mentioning my rrelatives to say that NO-ONE deserves to die like this!! Some people are so narrow minded on this site that they do not read the whole post before making judgements!.

You could easily have edited your post to make your intentions clearer....had you wanted to that is.
    Just a thought, but it would have made life for yourself and your son a hell of a lot easier had you a have done so.... don't you think?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite] I do think that those who don't have anything nice to say shouldn't say anything at all.

totally agree suzi- i've watched this thread and wanted to delete some stuff but resisted the urge because everyone os entitled to their opinion..

But the bottom line is that a young women will die leaving two young children motherless..

very sad.
  • Options
    I didn't think that it would be taken the way that it was and that people would have remebered the BIGGER picture at the time. I didn't expect lazy thinking but was guilty of being lazy on my part in not clarifying it at the time as it didn't occur to me that it would need clarifying- sorry folks
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stubs1310[/cite]I didn't think that it would be taken the way that it was and that people would have remebered the BIGGER picture at the time. I didn't expect lazy thinking but was guilty of being lazy on my part in not clarifying it at the time as it didn't occur to me that it would need clarifying- sorry folks

Sorry but it was not anyone's lazy thinking but your imprecise and unclear writing which created the confusion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I noticed the front page of the Mirror this morning - 'wedding of the decade'. I do feel for her and her family, she's going through a terrible disease but is she really worthy of the whole front page? My auntie didnt get that when she died of cancer.... Im also sure there's more pressing news in the world to be reported on
  • Options
    jeees

Stubs that is a bit of a harsh thought,

i havent thought of that

however i am uncomfortable with the issue of death being so public but that is my own point of view not the right one or the wrong one

good luck with your inlaws mate it is a fecking tough time ahead for you all

Stubs i wrote that at the time you posted but you didnt make your point very clear at the time but i think i got what you meant

good luck on the tough road ahead of you all be strong stay together and take time to enjoy the company of those that are not well i hope for the best for you
  • Options
    Thanx NLA, you were insightful enough to understand the point that I was trying to make, I didn't really want to go into the politics around it which is why I left it brief, I just didn't expect to cause the furore that ensured. To make things worse my cousins wife was taken ill a couple of weeks ago whilst visiting family in the States and came home to be admitted to hospital were they discovered that she was suffering from cancer and died in there last week. Add to that the fact that My Godmother and my Uncle (my Dads brother-in-law ) both died last month as well you can see that I am having a great 2009!
  • Options
    Got a bit of time now as I was only quickly logging on a work earlier.

I agree that the saturation coverage is a bit much but she only found out the cancer was terminal a week or so ago, so the coverage will die down somewhat in the next week or so. The Sun etc. will continue to overdo it but that's because they know that Jade sells papers/magazines etc.

I am finding it very emotional. I lost a friend at 27 - same age as Jade - to a cancer that is said to be very survivable if caught early (as is cervical cancer), and he also had two young sons. It was horrendous watching him go from being very positive of getting over it, to praying for some kind of miracle which ultimately didn't come. The fact that Jade is not hiding away from everyone is to be applauded somewhat, although I would hope she is spending every other minute with her two boys. It shows everyone the raw truth of what this disease can do to people, and prompts debate/discussion about it and ways to help yourself (screening etc.).

As others have said, if you're not interested then either don't read that article or don't buy that paper. We have that choice. But, let her get the message across that this is very real and can happen to anyone and hopefully stop that heartache for someone else.
  • Options
    Thats alrite Stubbs it is a shit time where Cancer is involved lost my Dad 2 nearly 3 years ago and my Father in law nearly 9 years ago in which time i married his daughter and we have a great son so it is never far from my thoughts.

you didnt mean how people have taken it but it is an imotive subject that gets people going and you could have worded it better but i dont think even the harshes Jade critic would even say it let alon type it so thats why i took a double take on your post before i wrote.

wouldnt worry too much about it bud your point is clear now
  • Options
    "Wedding of the Decade" I ask you.

There is so much hyprocrisy surrounding this issue that it is truly stomach churning (witness the PM going on about it in his usual, unconvincing way in a cynical attempt to improve his opinion poll rating). Jade was always famous for simply being famous - a modern phenomena where talent is no longer required. As a result people (including myself) loathed her and her 'big brother' kind (now watch people pretend they always liked her because now she is ill). These 'celebrities' were given free rein to give us their uninformed opinions rather than other more interesting, talented, entertaining or intelligent people. They were and are constantly shoved in our faces . It used to be avoidable, now it isn't. This is the point - she is the lead item on the BBC news - they always used to be relied upon to report proper news for grown ups; now it seems destined to become another format for Heat magazine.

Now, it appears, she is going to be famous for having cancer. I didn't want to know about her before - I don't now. If we should all be commending it for being in the news, then how about a responsible news item about how misinformed people are not vaccinating their offspring, leading to children dying for the first time in the UK for years of PREVENTABLE diseases.

http://www.autismconnect.org/news.asp?section=00010001&itemtype=news&id=5791

Now obviously this Jade business is tragic just like when ANYONE dies before their time. But, please can we have some perspective. Thousands are dying from cholera in Zimbabwe every week. Is it in the news? Is it f*ck. Obviously not showbiz enough.

Am I alone in sensing another Diana like over-reaction may be imminent - probably to be followed by post-death sanctification as she is retrospectively transformed into the greates human being that ever lived (even by those who despised her when she lived)?
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]"Wedding of the Decade" I ask you.

There is so much hyprocrisy surrounding this issue that it is truly stomach churning (witness the PM going on about it in his usual, unconvincing way in a cynical attempt to improve his opinion poll rating).

the biggest and best headline on the thread my missus thinks i am being stoopid and that the man wouldnt stoop so low at last some one else has thought iti didnt think i was going nutts
  • Options
    Unfortunately hyping the story up - which is what the redtop tabloids have been doing - creates a media storm and sells papers, add in the tragic circumstances of her imminent demise and you have the media story of the year. The winners here are the tabloids who've done their best to make the most out of this story not because it is a worthwhile story, but because of the pecuniary motive. The story reminds me of the Truman Show, but mostly of a film from the 50s - Ace in the Hole.

I hope the media will now let her live the rest of her life in peace. A bit of self-restraint from certain sectors of the media wouldn't go amiss, but with money to be made from increased sales, I doubt it.
  • Options
    The Daily Star claims that "An ambulance and medical staff from the Royal Marsden hospital were waiting throughout the day at the venue." If it's true - and it's the Daily Star, so draw your own conclusions - it's good to know that the Royal Marsden is so over-staffed that it can afford to send staff along for this one special patient.
  • Options
    come on folks lets not think for one minute that she didnt deserve the help from the hospital on her wedding day, it didnt say if she contributed to them did it?

those that have their lives blighted by cancer will tell you the love and support given by those who are treating and helping you through the worst time in the world go to places and do things far beyond their job spec

at the end of the day someone is dying for fuks sake