Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jade Goody's imminent demise

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]The only winner out this sham is Max Clifford. He's a parasite IMO much like football agents wanting their cut of everything.

That bloke really, really gets to me.
  • Seeing Josh Wright wearing a bra on the bbc website today, made me feel sick.
  • * sighs, this whole thing makes me ashamed to be british. the media. polictical correctness. its all bollox. slagging off jade goody is now frowned upon, yet was encouraged before she was diagnosed. she's ill - does that wrong her rights? can people not see the hypocracy in defending her, while slagging off other people? max clifford gets a bashing in this very thread - does he become immune if he gets ill? do we stop thinking jerome thomas is a tw@t if he gets ill? how ill do you have to be to switch from villain to victim? is mental illness to be treated the same?
    i suppose the irony is that altho max clifford is getting stick, he is the one that has garnered such public sympathy for her and is therefore doing a good job.
  • I thought Jerome Thomas was ill.
  • and to add to that its pist me off when iv seen young girls reading her autobiography.
  • edited February 2009
    You sure. Reading?..... or colouring in?
  • I may be able to put another slant on the Max Clifford situation. I had reason to use his services a few years ago when something that happened to my daughter abroad hit the media. I found myself in a situation that I was unfamiliar with and I was seriously out of my depth with my voicemail at home and work full up with journalist calls, pages of emails etc.
    I was told by a friend of his to ring Max Clifford who put me intouch with an account manager. As soon as the journalists found out they melted away. My daughter said that she wanted to tell her story, and he got her about 5 times what they were offering me/her direct. So I do have sympathy with people who go to him sometimes.
  • [cite]Posted By: mstoneaddick[/cite]I may be able to put another slant on the Max Clifford situation. I had reason to use his services a few years ago when something that happened to my daughter abroad hit the media. I found myself in a situation that I was unfamiliar with and I was seriously out of my depth with my voicemail at home and work full up with journalist calls, pages of emails etc.
    I was told by a friend of his to ring Max Clifford who put me intouch with an account manager. As soon as the journalists found out they melted away. My daughter said that she wanted to tell her story, and he got her about 5 times what they were offering me/her direct. So I do have sympathy with people who go to him sometimes.

That's right, there is no doubt Mr. Clifford is exceptionally good at what he does. I know someone involved in a tabloid story years ago that dealt with him and they said he was hard as nails and very, very sharp.
  • edited February 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: stubs1310[/cite]Karma anyone for the Big Brother Racism debacle? I bet that is the unspoken thought in many peolpes mind. [/quote]

Stupidest remark Ive read in a long time. Its only crossed your and Glenn Hoddles mind though I bet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fair enough Ormy I agree with you about the celebrity bit and all that it's just I don't think it's a bad thing highlighting it even if it is some two bob celebrity.

I can't stand Jade Goody think she's awful so don't think I am a fan or anything like that - but let her have her day as it's going to be over soon.
  • Just don't think it's fair on the thousands of other sufferers. If Goody had done something positive for this world i'd maybe feel more remorse - but having had a form of cancer i know what it feels like, and i know i would be really pissed off seeing all this everyday, makes you feel very insignificant.
  • can't believe some of the comments I've read on here. If she can get 1m from OK that will provide her kids with a good future then good on her. I wouldn't wish what she is going through on anyone. It has raised the issue of Cervical Cancer among women and that too can only be a good thing. And as Charlton Till I Cry said the comment from stubs1310 is beyond belief.
  • It's awful for her and her family, and I wish her nothing but the best, but I wont watch or read any of the trash that surrounds it, and I do believe (maybe some female posters on here can back me up on this) that Tweedy is only with her for the profile and the money, just look at his body language when he's around her, especially when he was released from the nick, just my opinion if your watching Mr Clifford.
  • Sorry state of affairs when it takes a celebrity to raise cancer awareness. Surely this should be taught in schools rather than the likes of ancient Rome and Athens?

Good luck to her with her fight. But it's ashame that someone on an above average income is raising money for her kids rather than for research and helping people less fortunate financially than her, like Bobby Robson is doing with his new trust.
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]It's awful for her and her family, and I wish her nothing but the best, but I wont watch or read any of the trash that surrounds it, and I do believe (maybe some female posters on here can back me up on this) that Tweedy is only with her for the profile and the money, just look at his body language when he's around her, especially when he was released from the nick, just my opinion if your watching Mr Clifford.

What DA9 said .........I wish her all the best and would not wish this on my worst enemy, but I dont want to read anything surrounding it.
  • Feel sorry for her, as I would for anyone in her situation but she's still a talentless, loudmouthed, bigot (and NOT a celebrity)

Can't blame her for wanting to look after her family but don't, so won't read or watch it.
  • "a talentless, loudmouthed, bigot (and NOT a celebrity)"

Pot and kettle mate :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]"a talentless, loudmouthed, bigot (and NOT a celebrity)"

Pot and kettle mate :-)

LOL!
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Sorry state of affairs when it takes a celebrity to raise cancer awareness. Surely this should be taught in schools rather than the likes of ancient Rome and Athens?

Good luck to her with her fight. But it's ashame that someone on an above average income is raising money for her kids rather than for research and helping people less fortunate financially than her, like Bobby Robson is doing with his new trust.

Schools are not good at this as this type of cancer only affects women who are sexually active. Every time you try to get the schools to give more information about sexual matters, there's loads of people who insist that it's encouraging under age children to have sex. It's one of the major reasons why we have the highest single mum preganancy rate in Europe. Schools end up taking the line of least resistance in case it affects their popularity.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2009
    There is information and information.

We now have a situation in this country whereby schools dish out contraceptives and sometimes morning after pills to children below the age of consent without informing the parents. Such actions do not discourage sexual activity.

The same Government that undermines parents in this way is quick to condemn parents for the anti-social actions of their children.

Yet as you correctly point out this cancer occurs amongst those women (girls) whom are sexually active and the stats show that the younger girls become sexually active the greater the risks of developing this cancer.

Political correctness and the increasing secularisation of society have made it increasingly difficult to introduce any form of moral dimension to sex education.

"Right on" educationalists adopt the attitude "they'll do it anyway" so hand out condoms and contraceptives like confetti. The consequence being that young girls are lulled into a sense of false security and regarded as "strange" if they are not sexually active yet their longterm health is put at risk.
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Till I Cry[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stubs1310[/cite]Karma anyone for the Big Brother Racism debacle? I bet that is the unspoken thought in many peolpes mind.

Stupidest remark Ive read in a long time. Its only crossed your and Glenn Hoddles mind though I bet.

Agree CTIC

Not a very smart comment - Being seen as racist in front of MILLIONS of viewers was bad enough - CANCER is a very serious condition that touches many peoples hearts. Do you really believe her family deserve to watch her get more and more ill before finally dying?
  • You dont ignore an irregular smear result. That has to be her stupidest ever mistake and god knows she made a few. If that is what happened.
    God love her.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Till I Cry[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stubs1310[/cite]Karma anyone for the Big Brother Racism debacle? I bet that is the unspoken thought in many peolpes mind.

Agree CTIC

Not a very smart comment - Being seen as racist in front of MILLIONS of viewers was bad enough - CANCER is a very serious condition that touches many peoples hearts. Do you really believe her family deserve to watch her get more and more ill before finally dying?

What is racism?

Jade Goody made a few ill-informed, ignorant remarks (as did two other girls which always is conveniently forgotten) but the victim, Shilpa Shetty, said at the time she did not consider Jade Goody to be a racist.

I'm no apologist for Jade Goody but I think there was an a form of snobbery afoot in picking out the working (even under) class girl from Bermondsey by the self righteous, middle class, white Guardian reading so -called elite
  • "I'm no apologist for Jade Goody but I think there was an a form of snobbery afoot in picking out the working (even under) class girl from Bermondsey by the self righteous, middle class, white Guardian reading so -called elite "

I think you'll find that it is actually several journalists onThe Guardian that have been making this point and Guardian readers, including myself, who are agreeing with it. I think that the self righteous white voices are to be found within the right wing tabloids.
  • [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]"I'm no apologist for Jade Goody but I think there was an a form of snobbery afoot in picking out the working (even under) class girl from Bermondsey by the self righteous, middle class, white Guardian reading so -called elite "

I think you'll find that it is actually several journalists onThe Guardian that have been making this point and Guardian readers, including myself, who are agreeing with it. I think that the self righteous white voices are to be found within the right wing tabloids.

The Guardian may be making the point now but at the time the incident occurred it was in the front line of those condemning her. The "right wing tabloids" as you put it were in most cases suggesting it was an over-reaction.

That said it has to be acknowledged in fairness that by plastering her photo over their front pages for days on end at the time of the incident they only succeeded in magnifying it.

The vitriol against her though came from the so called quality papers.
  • Interesting comment from Liz Jones in the Mail on Sunday yesterday on this very subject

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1151739/LIZ-JONES-Death-dignity-Leave-buttoned-middle-classes.html
  • "The Guardian may be making the point now but at the time the incident occurred it was in the front line of those condemning her."

Proof please.
  • edited February 2009
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2007/jan/19/broadcasting.comment

Not got time to search extensively but this makes the point I think.

Somewhat condescending towards Jade Goody in my opinion.
  • It doesn't really matter what everyone thinks of Jade TBH, she is a young woman in a terrible situation that I would not wish on anybody.

IMO when you know you only have a limited amount of time left it makes you focus on what is most important to you. Obviously for Jade that is making sure her family are as well off as possible after she dies, and she is using the one tool that she has available to do that.

I am not the sort of person that will read or watch any of the publicity, it just does not interest me...however there seems to be millions of people out there who think differently.

Therefore, whilst it may not be a course of action I would have taken, I say good luck to her and her family and I just hope the father of her children is clever enough to use the money wisely giving the kids a better education and better chance in life than Jade probably got.