Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2 SHITE TEAMS 1 SHITE GAME

Text rec'd from Dave Mehmet,whatever way you want to dress it up our inability to win 2 games on the trot will send us down in the end.

Comments

• Options
    That might well be the case, couldn't be at the game or even listen to it as I'm at work :-(, but a point is a point and with our away form this season I think it's a good result. We're 9 points off Forest with a game in hand with 13 to go. It is still doable if we continue to be solid and grind out results. I'm still keeping the faith.
  • Options
    About not making changes at Barnsley, on the OS:

"Parkinson opted against making changes in the second period, the first time the bench has not been utilised this season.

And he justified his retention of the starting XI at Oakwell, stating: "With the team we've got out there at the moment I felt our front two were more likely to score as Barnsley's back four tired.

"And across the midfield I feel we have players most likely to score. [Nicky] Bailey has scored seven, [Tom] Soares scored recently and [Matt] Spring and [Therry] Racon have both scored a couple so I felt I had all my goalscorers on the pitch.

"I liked the balance of the team and wanted to leave it as it was.”
  • Options
    good draw in my book
  • Options
    Maybe true but Todorov and Shelvey are easily our most creative passers, and Sam's pace and dribbling creates chances.

Their back four tired but I bet Dickson and Kandol did as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]good draw in my book

I've said this on another thread but it applies here also. Soooo:

Exactly....well said that man! :-)

We've just got to keep trying to grind out results and keeping clean sheets. You never know. From the remaining fixtures if we can get:

Sat Feb 28 Swansea City 15:00 A Championship - D
    Tue Mar 03 Doncaster Rovers 19:45 H Championship - W
    Sat Mar 07 Watford 15:00 H Championship - W
    Tue Mar 10 Reading 19:45 A Championship - L
    Sat Mar 14 Wolverhampton Wanderers 15:00 A Championship - L
    Sat Mar 21 Preston North End 15:00 H Championship - D
    Sat Apr 04 Southampton 15:00 A Championship -D
    Sat Apr 11 Birmingham City 15:00 H Championship - L
    Mon Apr 13 Coventry City 15:00 A Championship - D
    Sat Apr 18 Blackpool 15:00 H Championship - W
    Tue Apr 21 Cardiff City 19:45 H Championship - D
    Sat Apr 25 Derby County 15:00 A Championship -L
    Sun May 03 Norwich City 15:00 H Championship -W

It'll give us 17 points. I don't think the above is too unrealistic. We're on 25 points at the mo so the above would put us on 42. With Plymouth, Forest, Watford, Norwich and Southampton being around us and all being on piss poor runs themselves that might just be enough. Keep the faith people.

And no....I've not been drinking! ;-))
  • Options
    We'll need a bit more than 42, has anyone ever survived with that little points? Usually you need around 50 to survive.
  • Options
    We'll need at least 47 perhaps 49 or 50.

See the Happy thread!
  • Options
    1 shot on target in 90 mins of a must win game is just not good enough. Would be a good point ordinarily, but not when we're bottom of the table.
  • Options
    Just got back & I have to say we played very well. We dominated large spells of the game & we really should have won it. Unfortunately we just don't have anybody to put the ball in the back of the net. Kandol & Dickson were both pretty average today & most of our better goalscoring efforts came from midfield, Racon in particular. Oh for an Andy Hunt or a Clive Mendonca.

But we were the better team today & we battled really well in a strong wind. The team thoroughly deserved the standing ovation they got as they left the pitch. My MOTM was Darren Ward, who won absolutely everything in the air. Tom Soares, Therry Racon & Graeme Murty also put in sterling efforts.
  • Options
    there you go thanku pete i feel a lot better for a point than most i fear
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so dave mehmet watched a different game then,maybe he dont wear rose tinted,ive known dave for 20 years he's seen shite many times before so i'll take his version.
  • Options
    Thanks Pete, that has put me in a positive mood before I go out.

The way you described Ward was how it appeared on the radio too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Just got back & I have to say we played very well. We dominated large spells of the game & we really should have won it. Unfortunately we just don't have anybody to put the ball in the back of the net. Kandol & Dickson were both pretty average today & most of our better goalscoring efforts came from midfield, Racon in particular. Oh for an Andy Hunt or a Clive Mendonca.

But we were the better team today & we battled really well in a strong wind. The team thoroughly deserved the standing ovation they got as they left the pitch. My MOTM was Darren Ward, who won absolutely everything in the air. Tom Soares, Therry Racon & Graeme Murty also put in sterling efforts.

Agree with everything that Pete says. If only we had Burton instead of Kandol today to steady the ship. He would have given us that bit of maturity we needed up front.

Banged on penalty, when I think it was that lumbering Giant Darren Moore wrestled Dickson to the ground. I'll say it again, we've had no luck this season at all. Somehow feel we should have got the 3 points, but would have taken the one point at 3pm today.
  • Options
    At the risk of getting an ear bashing from SoundAs again, here are my (some what long winded) thoughts on todays game:

Just got back, far from a classic match but I quite enjoyed my trip to Yorkshire today, nice little ground in quite a picturesque setting. The Barnsley accent sounds soooo northern as well, quite comical to here the locals speaking.

As for our performance, I think I agree with Parky that I've seen another step in the right direction today, I'm not sure it's a big enough step forward to save our season but progress is progress and I'm happy enough with that at the moment.

Like I say, it wasn't a classic and we were a bit over keen to lump it forward at times but we restricted Barnsley to just a few chances (Elliot only had to make one save of note) and it was us doing the pressing in the last 5-10mins to try and win the game. Very often away from home over the last 12 months the game has been long lost by that stage and if it hasn't, it's been us hanging on. We also strung two halfs of decent football together for the second time running, so I think we're getting there... slowly.

Elliot 7 - little to do except for one good save. Solid kicking too.

Murty 7 - very solid, didn't get forward much but didn't do anything wrong in my eyes.

Youga 7.5 - Another good solid game, minimal misplaced passes, no hair-brain moments and kept Campbell-Ryce very quite when he switched flanks second half. Not such an attacking force but probably his best game for us for quite a while.

Hudson 6 - Didn't do anything majorly wrong but I just felt there was error just around the corner from him all afternoon. Thankfully it didn't arrive.

Ward 8 - Didn't lose a header all afternoon, and was solid on the deck.

Soares 6 - Did some good work defensively and came into the game in attack towards the end but was a bit subdued vs recent performances.

Racon 7 - The touch of class again, plenty of tackles and tried to make some things happen when we kept the ball on the deck, but didn't quite manage to make anything come off except for one good shot from a tight angle.

Spring 6 - See analysis of Soares!

Bailey 6 - Loads of running and tackling as usual and did some good work helping Youga keep JCR out of the game. One of the worst offenders for aimless hoofs and lacked a bit of composure in advanced areas on a couple of occassions. Clearly not in his natural role on the left but putting a good shift in for the team and we do look more solid for having him out there rather than a winger so credit to him for that.

Dickson 6.5 - Some flashes of invention and carried our main threat second half after being a bit out of it in the first. Good work rate again and some decent hold up play. Should have had a penalty when he was hauled down right in front of the ref. Decent shift again though and I'm sure the goals will come soon enough if he keeps at it.

Kandol 4 - Won a few headers but that was about it, wasn't working as hard as I'd like and at one point just stood and watched a poked Dickson cross-cum-shot role across the goal line when if he'd just made a bit of an effort I'm sure he'd have had a tap in. I can't really understand why Parky kept him on, and he was a little lucky not to get sent off for a late lunge on the goalie - fortunately for him the ref and lino were unsighted. Summed his performance up late on when we were pressurising and he gave possesion back, inside their area, with the most horrendous dive when there was a simple layoff available to him which would have led to a crossing opportunity.

I'd have liked to have seen Sam and Toddy or Jonjo on to try and unlock a few doors late on but I kind of see why Parky was happy with a point, although it's not what I'd have done.
  • Options
    I'd agree with that as well!
  • Options
    YOUR SO BORING BDL I LIKE ARGUMENTS AND CONTREVESY
  • Options
    Yep!
  • Options
    In all sriousness i gave up the ghost a long time ago,but i do believe we need how to learn and play as a team again over the remainder of the season.
  • Options
    Think they did today, Parkinson was right not to change it. Midfield were good, so were defence. Toddy unfortunately gives us nothing thse days so he kept Kandol out on the pitch
    Two clean sheets, tough test next week though!
  • Options
    I agree with BDL, we do seem to be getting that back now - we're certainly not Brazil circa 1974 but we are at least strating to look like a 'unit' again and given how woeful we've been that is reason to be cheerful even it might be too little too late to save us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Just got back & I have to say we played very well. We dominated large spells of the game & we really should have won it. Unfortunately we just don't have anybody to put the ball in the back of the net. Kandol & Dickson were both pretty average today & most of our better goalscoring efforts came from midfield, Racon in particular. Oh for an Andy Hunt or a Clive Mendonca.

I have just got back as well. Having seen Pete's and Exiled's comments, there is not a lot I'd take issue with. Personally I thought that Racon, and our back four were our best players with Ward and Hudson excellent. Bailey and Spring put in good shifts although Bailey still gives the ball away too much for me and sits too deep. I thought that Soares was good defensively but offered too little in attack, the Dickson was sparky but most of what he tried didn't come off. That said he was a threat, should have had a penalty and nearly scored with a shot which hit a defender and went over the bar. The most disappointing player was Kandol, who muscled around but really didn't look much of a threat. Elliott did OK but didn't have much to do. He did push out a shot to one of their players who screwed the ball badly wide.

All in all I was proud of the way the team battled and with a little bit of luck we could have won the game. Barnsley fans booed their team off!
  • Options
    hudson and excellent aint something you read on here alot
  • Options
    hudson and shit is though
  • Options
    maybe thats just in our row buddy
  • Options
    NO THAT IS FACT
  • Options
    good i thought we were being mistaken

glad ridian did good today you have to play well with hair like that

does anyone know if youga kept his jason lee on again this week cos not only are we currently the worst team in the league we have 2 of the worst barnets
  • Options
    Gotta agree with Pete, he's pretty much spot on. Apart from the Dicko bit, he got little service and nearly scored (but for a sligh deflection he would have) he also had a stone cold penalty turned down, if someone can show me a good reason why that pen wasnt given, apart from the fact the ref got it wrong, I'll eat my hat.
  • Options
    easy Tiger
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]Gotta agree with Pete, he's pretty much spot on. Apart from the Dicko bit, he got little service and nearly scored (but for a sligh deflection he would have) he also had a stone cold penalty turned down, if someone can show me a good reason why that pen wasnt given, apart from the fact the ref got it wrong, I'll eat my hat.

you eat anything anyway stu you fat fecker
  • Options
    it was a good point