Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just met Keith Peacock

2»

Comments

• Options
    And the Peanut Man.

;o)
  • Options
    and me!! ;-)
  • Options
    I've never met him but somehow you just know he's a top bloke. The fact that he played his whole career for us says a lot to me. He was good enough to play at the highest level. His close control and dribbling skills as a winger was superb. Later he played more centrally under Andy Nelson and was real quality in our midfield.

He is Mr Charlton as far as I'm concerned and I'm delighted that he has been given a special role for the club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I've never met him but somehow you just know he's a top bloke. The fact that he played his whole career for us says a lot to me. He was good enough to play at the highest level. His close control and dribbling skills as a winger was superb. Later he played more centrally under Andy Nelson and was real quality in our midfield.

He is Mr Charlton as far as I'm concerned and I'm delighted that he has been given a special role for the club.

He's our very own Bobby Charlton...no pun intended.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I was 12 years old when I first met Keith Peacock - at the station buffet on the platform at Coventry.
    We'd just played then top tier Coventry in the cup - and for 75 mins had played them off the park without scoring.

They then put on an orange haired teenager as sub, who turned the game on it's head.
    His name? Willie Carr.

Result? We lost, of course - conceding 3 goals in about the last 10 mins.

That was my first ever away game outside London. A great experience for a ten year old. Drove up in my Dad's Morris Minor. It took ages. I remember it quite well.

As for Keith Peacock, there has been no better ambassador for Charlton. And no better person. My only real contact was when he phoned me at work to tell me that Paolo Di Canio couldn't make our supporters club meeting, but he would get Matt Holland to come instead. Couldn't believe that the Reserve Team Manager would take the trouble to phone me, and then have a chat for fifteen minutes about how the team was doing. A truly great bloke.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]When I reviewed his autobiog I made a joke about his coaching not doing me any good when I was a junior school and he used to come in once a week.

He rang me up to thank me for the review and apologised for the coaching.

Top man and a great one to play 5 degrees of separation since he must of met everyone at the club for the last 50 years or so.

Sorry, I thought this thread was about Keith Peacock.......

And it's 6 degrees of seperation, not 5. ;-)
  • Options
    I'm friend to the stars at the moment, spoke to Frank Maloney earlier, and meeting Kate Howey next week.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I'm friend to the stars at the moment, spoke to Frank Maloney earlier, and meeting Kate Howey next week.

I thought Russell Grant was 'friend to the stars'.

Perhaps he's your friend too ... ?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I'm friend to the stars at the moment, spoke to Frank Maloney earlier, and meeting Kate Howey next week.

I thought Russell Grant was 'friend to the stars'.

Perhaps he's your friend too ... ?

;o)

ssshhhh, only at weekends does have an input into uranus
  • Options
    LOL!