Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Djimi Traore

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Traore joins Monaco. It's ****kin unbelieveable how the Traore, Faye and M Bent's of this world manage it !

Sorry link not working.

uhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8109225.stm
  • Options
    Welcome home?

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Welcome home?

Now that would be an ex player even more unpopular than JFH or Redfearn.
  • Options
    For one terrifying moment I thought we were re-signing him 🤯
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Scoham said:
    Welcome home?

I didn't hate Djimi Traore. He came in with me thinking he was rubbish and left with me thinking he was rubbish. Zero expectations, just obviously a bad idea. He also had the good grace to leave after half a season. It's like asking a desk lamp to do your taxes for you; it will do a bad job but what were you expecting?
  • Options
    Felt a bit sorry for him first game. He did something (not retreating from a free kick) that he'd probably done dozens of times for Liverpool without even getting a comment from the officials. Tries it for little old Charlton and it's a second yellow card.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Scoham said:
    Welcome home?

I didn't hate Djimi Traore. He came in with me thinking he was rubbish and left with me thinking he was rubbish. Zero expectations, just obviously a bad idea. He also had the good grace to leave after half a season. It's like asking a desk lamp to do your taxes for you; it will do a bad job but what were you expecting?
    Honestly it might just be time but I am almost nostalgic for the old Traore/Faye days. Just how memorably and clearly bad those signings were that even years later with many bad signings in between they remain an inglorious benchmark.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Richard J said:
    Scoham said:
    Welcome home?

Traore most wasn’t a very good player. JFH was an effort issue.

Any ownership group that wants to cash in on young players will quickly learn a team full of them won’t achieve anything in League One.
  • Options
    Soulemayne Diawara as his number 2?
  • Options
    edited December 2022