Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Djimi Traore

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
Has just signed for Birmingham on a three month loan deal UNLUCKY!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/7881813.stm

Comments

• Options
    April the 11th. In case this news made anyone else wonder...
  • Options
    Underated.
  • Options
    pity it's not Norwich or Doncaster etc.
  • Options
    Won more European Cups than Maradonna and Pele put together.

FACT.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Won more European Cups than Maradonna and Pele put together.

FACT.
    As did Jesper Blomqvist - he was one of ours as well!
  • Options
    Not sure who our worst signing of recent years has been. Close call between him and Amdy Faye IMO. Was Dowie responsible for both?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Not sure who our worst signing of recent years has been. Close call between him and Amdy Faye IMO. Was Dowie responsible for both?

We must have had most of the Premiership laughing at us that day. We signed them both at the same time for £4m, £2m each.

I think Dowie tried to get in a load of big strong players with signings like those 2, JFH and Walton. Shame he didn't seem to realise the team also had to be able play a good level of football.
  • Options
    they had bouncebackability though
  • Options
    Clearly the most pathetic signing of all time

T.W.O. M.I.L.L.I.O.N Q.U.I.D for that tosspot.

What was going on that summer down the Valley? *smells the air*
  • Options
    If I remember rightly Traore wasn't too bad in the two games Pardew played him in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Soulemayne Diawara was much better when he began to settle in...
  • Options
    Are we on a percentage if the deal becomes permanant? ;-)
  • Options
    Oh yes, Diawara was like Beckenbauer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Won more European Cups than Maradonna and Pele put together.

FACT.
    As did Jesper Blomqvist - he was one of ours as well!

And Bob Bolder.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]If I remember rightly Traore wasn't too bad in the two games Pardew played him in.
    Well, he lasted all of 15 minutes at Upton Park on his debut before being sent off for two yellow cards. He was also the poor sap who the linesman wrongly penalised for handball in Pardew's first game at home to Fulham.

Obviously just unlucky!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Well, he lasted all of 15 minutes at Upton Park on his debut before being sent off for two yellow cards.
    In an alternate universe, Traore wasn't so bloody stupid that day, didn't get sent off and we won - and got the a season off to a good start, and we stayed up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Clearly the most pathetic signing of all time

What was going on that summer down the Valley? *smells the air*

I thought Traore cost £1 mill - and we flogged him on to 'Arry for £500k .....?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]If I remember rightly Traore wasn't too bad in the two games Pardew played him in.
    Well, he lasted all of 15 minutes at Upton Park on his debut before being sent off for two yellow cards. He was also the poor sap who the linesman wrongly penalised for handball in Pardew's first game at home to Fulham.

Obviously just unlucky!!

I just shouted "Graeme Poll" and smashed a cup, now the last few punters in the office are looking at me funny. Don't think it was him though, I seem to recall that game being later in the season. Could be wrong like.

Does anyone have any pictures of Graeme Poll being bitten by a horse, that might cheer me up?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Clearly the most pathetic signing of all time

What was going on that summer down the Valley? *smells the air*[/quote]

I thought Traore cost £1 mill - and we flogged him on to 'Arry for £500k .....?[/quote]

£1 would've been a rip-off. . . .

I take it back he was actually better than Zidane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECwFTB9xlj4

Tosspot
  • Options
    I'm confused - I thought Pompey offed him ages ago. It's not the other Traore they've loaned to Brum is it?

Nothing to do with football, one of his claims to fame is that he got arrested at their training ground for not paying his council tax.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From the Beeb match report, Charlton 2 Fulham 2, Wednesday, 27 December 2006:

"The ball seemed to go out of play off visitors winger Tomasz Radzinski as he challenged for the ball with Addicks defender Djimi Traore.

The assistant referee gave Fulham a free-kick for a Charlton handball and, after the Addicks failed to clear Michael Brown's set-piece, Queudrue struck home a volley.

It was cruel finish for Charlton and Pardew, who are now seven points behind fourth-from-bottom Sheffield United."

Charlton: Carson, Sankofa, El Karkouri, Hreidarsson, Traore, Ambrose (Hughes 74), Kishishev, Holland, Thomas (Rommedahl 45), Marcus Bent (Hasselbaink 82), Darren Bent.
    Subs Not Used: Myhre, Fortune.

Goals: Ambrose 19, Darren Bent 45.
  • Options
    We were only 7 points behind safety before New Year, back then .... lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Oh yes, Diawara was like Beckenbauer.

Falcon, compared to Traore, you were like Beckenbauer. In fact, compared to the mighty Djimi, at the age of sixty whatever he is now, Beckenbauer would look like Beckenbauer. (?)
  • Options
    That's Birmingham knackered for promotion then
  • Options

He can defend but he makes silly mistakes, bad passes etc.
    [cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]I'm confused - I thought Pompey offed him ages ago. It's not the other Traore they've loaned to Brum is it?

Nothing to do with football, one of his claims to fame is that he got arrested at their training ground for not paying his council tax.

No the other Traore is on loan with them from Arsenal.

Djimi did go to a French club on loan last season, but Pompey never sold him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    ....... but Pompey never sold him.

Obviously, nobody wanted to buy him ........
  • Options
    It was Graham Poll (is a...) at the fulham game. There was a documentary about poll on tv a few months later.

They were talking about high profile mistakes after poll's 3 yellow card blunder at the world cup and he was interviewed just before the fulham charlton game talking about wanting to avoid the spotlight and restore his reputation. They then talked to him after the fulham game where he wasn't nearly sorry enough for my (biased) liking and just blamed the lino. It stirred up all the disappointment and anger from that night all over again.

I feel better for sharing that. My therapist was right. ;0)
  • Options
    Donkey
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]April the 11th. In case this news made anyone else wonder...

Just thought you'd all like to know ...... that's my dad's birthday.

:o)
  • Options
    Now we know why Karen Brady's been arrested again...