Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rob Shepherd in the NoTW

Comments

• Options
    Charlton’s mistake after the departure of the pragmatic Alan Curbishley was to lavish money in the belief they could become something bigger than they were.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's bullshit for a start. Dowie spent 12 million - that's a lot of money - but its not the main reason why we are where we are.

Its basic bad management by Dowie and Pardew in WHO they bought, not how much they spent.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Charlton’s mistake after the departure of the pragmatic Alan Curbishley was to lavish money in the belief they could become something bigger than they were.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's bullshit for a start. Dowie spent 12 million - that's a lot of money - but its not the main reason why we are where we are.

Its basic bad management by Dowie and Pardew in WHO they bought, not how much they spent.

Its a pretty academic point whether it was too much money or who they spent it on , in reality it was BOTH
    Big money spent on crap, Faye , Bent M, Diawarra , Djimi Traore , Zeng ZHi (in all honesty)
    plus all the other bad decisions.

As well as letting the club become more focused on 'social issues ' than football .
    Let's not forget some of that BS and Gordon Brown on the web site ..........FFS

I'm amazed that we didn't name the North Stand the Comrad Lenin Stand or
    the Jimmy Seed the Nelson Mandella Stand.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]

What on earth are you talking about?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]

What on earth are you talking about?
    Commies! Immigrants! Its all falling apart because of the commies and the immigrants I tell ya. We're doomed. Rivers of blood and all that. We should have been concentrating on building a fearsome reputation as an unfriendly club all those years instead of wasting money trying to be friends with everyone and plough money into community projects.

Not quite sure who 'Comrad' Lenin is, or Nelson 'Mandella' - but they sound like just the sort of people that we should avoid associating ourselves with.

Wibble.
  • Options
    Surely this mug (the journalist) is not seeing the elephant in the room? The top Prem teams are surely moving towards European Super League franchises? Personally I'd rather support a team with a few local lads (hopefully) than be a consumer of international football product.
  • Options
    You guys are great not laughed so much in the morning in months

how a thread about our demise can end up with

commies,lenin, mandela and Jade goody in the same thread

outstanding

have any of you considered working for the news of the screws

which might be full of shit but is a good read for millions of us non intelectual types
  • Options
    The Jade Goody stand?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]The Jade Goody stand?
    Gets my vote.
  • Options
    How about the "Left side" end & the "Rightside" end ?
  • Options
    I think we should stick with tradition and keep "the Cupboard End
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    & the "Cowshed" ?
  • Options
    The article doesn't say anything that a member of the general public couldn't write.

League 1 isn't going to be much fun (that could be a new slogan...) but we're not going in to administration and it isn't the end of the world.

Sadly I think the days of clubs being saved at the 11th hour are over and the bubble has burst outside the premiership. Portsmouth were in big trouble, got saved and won the FA Cup, I can't see that happening again. The big clubs do need to realise the threat that exists, hopefully Arsenal won't finish in the top 4 and will end up on the slide!
  • Options
    He's a scumbag journo, did he not try and eat a man's face off for looking at him, funny? Paper of Law and Order indeed.

The article is just an attempt to appeal to the lowest common denominator:
    Or that fans, many of who have lost jobs, have to pay more for tickets or TV subscriptions...all so more average players can afford another Aston Martin.

OK, when did a football club last hold a gun up to a supporter's head and force them to buy a ticket? And Murdoch has never forced anyone to have Sky. Sometimes when you want to go to games or have pay TV you might have to give something else up. That applies with any goods or services, doesn't it. Also no player has ever forced a club to pay him anything. Like any other business football clubs pay their staff what they think they can afford. The reason we've got a bunch of overpaid players is because our managers and board showed poor judgement. That's it. Christinssen, I'm sure didn't pull a gun when negotiating his stupid contract, our club just GAVE him the money. He should be ranting about poor business sense, not rich footballers, surely?

What really cracks me up is the sheer spiteful jealousy towards football purely because it is a game played by working class lads. You don't hear anyone whining about F1 drivers, tennis players, golfers get. It's generally a lot more than footballers and those guys aren't anything like the mass cultural icons that footballers are. But generally they're posh twats anyway so people aren't as pettily jealous of them. I'd hazard a guess that Coultard or Button have made more money than any player - maybe Beckham would be the exception - but they've achieved very little.
  • Options
    "My rates were so high I turned Lesbian and Gay"

...so that's the problem then, its those raving commies that run CAFC. That nice Mr Hitler wouldn't have let us get relegated you know.

LOL

Great logic; if you don't read NOTW, then you must be a communist.

Has someone exhumed the late senator McCarthy?
  • Options
    none NoTW readers are all commies FACT !

come the day we the real people take over all all commies / gooners/ cyclists/ tofu eaters/ will be burned on Blackheath --------------you have been warned.
  • Options
    Don't mess with the tofu eaters.

They'll ave ya.

They'll marinade you before they burn you.
  • Options
    I'll start making firebricks out of my Morning Stars then, anything to help another peasants revolt.
  • Options
    This could rival the scarf thread!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I think we should stick with tradition and keep "the Cupboard End
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I think we should stick with tradition and keep "the Cupboard End

As in many hours have in that cupboard. LLLand B H
  • Options
    just remember you commies 2morrow belongs to us !!

well me

or maybe them

but not you
    was in the Guardian-- must be true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, what exactly have the commas done wrong now - such inoffensive tings ,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • Options
    Yeah, that's punctuationalist!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Don't mess with the tofu eaters.

They'll ave ya.

They'll marinade you before they burn you.

Don't think they are cannibals, you know .... just touchy feely bean curd munchers.

;o)
  • Options
    Hitler was a vegetarian.
  • Options
    He was also an artist and had a fine singing voice.
  • Options
    NotW is poo though, isn't it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Hitler was a vegetarian.

[cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]He was also an artist and had a fine singing voice.

He also only had one testicle.

Which of these factors, if any, caused him to be a racist genocidal maniac is not clear : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]He was also an artist and had a fine singing voice.

Yeah! You only ever hear the bad stuff about him.

Although there was an intermitently funny show on FX last Thursday called No Signal which had a quite amusing sketch that was along those lines
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Hitler was a vegetarian.

He also only had one testicle.

Which of these factors, if any, caused him to be a racist genocidal maniac is not clear : - )

Have you not booked him for Bromley Addicks, Henry ....... ?

;o)
  • Options
    No, its Springtime for Hitler and Bromaley.