Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wright , Curtis, Kinsey..

2»

Comments

• Options
    I first went in 67/8 but only once. My first season for watching regularly was 68/9. Tel, I haven't got a 67/8 programme, so I didn't know thats what they were like. As you say, it was a different world then. I've got that Arsenal one somewhere.
  • Options
    Not sure I could have got away with calling any of my kids either Ray or Tracey, actually I know I wouldn't.

Managed to get quite a bit of old stuff together for my 40th year at the Valley. be glad to bring it all to a get together down the pub should anyone fancy it for old times sake.
  • Options
    That Highbury game was my first away game. Would have been 7 and I was in the seats. My older brother went on the terraces If I remember rightly

Bought the programme years later on e-bay. Don't collect them but just wanted it.

Remember being impressed by the ground and an Arsenal fan sitting near us asking if "what do you feed that Centre half (Paul Went) on, raw meat?" but not much else.

That time was the first I remember properly and Matt Tees is still my fav player.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Always interested in anything to do with the Charlton of my childhood mate. Bing, you notice on the old red & white cover that we are still called the valiants? I love that version of the sword as well

Can't see your images

The old version of sword with the name in full and the the bar across the middle is much better IMO. Just replace Valiant with Addicks and off you go.
  • Options
    I think Jimmy Mullen made a rare appearance at Highbury, presumably because Peacock was injured. Didn't he hit the bar?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]That Highbury game was my first away game. Would have been 7 and I was in the seats. My older brother went on the terraces If I remember rightly

Bought the programme years later on e-bay. Don't collect them but just wanted it.

Remember being impressed by the ground and an Arsenal fan sitting near us asking if "what do you feed that Centre half (Paul Went) on, raw meat?" but not much else.

That time was the first I remember properly and Matt Tees is still my fav player.

The Palarse Cup replay was my first followed by the Highbury game. I must dig out my programmes again (now where are they.....?) My prize possession is the Palarse FA Cup home game programme which was in white, larger and done as a "special".
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    This was my first game. Left just after half time due to illness of one of the lads with us.

QPR 1968
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]I think Jimmy Mullen made a rare appearance at Highbury, presumably because Peacock was injured. Didn't he hit the bar?

I think that was in Keith's book too , the fact he was injured and the side lost some balance as the final 3rd of the season. e had sold Kenning and Glover in the seasons before that and certainly with them we would have been promoted.
  • Options
    Is Paul Went still a publican? Anyone know where his pub is? I'd love to pop in there for a beer with him. I'll never forget him inviting my Dad and I into his house in Ilford when I was about 7.