Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Changing the Valley atmosphere

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I would suggest that the singers take one of the corners, low roofs, close to the east stand, decent view.

Could be a plan,assuming that the corners aren't closed off next season to save money ala Southampton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I would suggest that the singers take one of the corners, low roofs, close to the east stand, decent view.

my view as well.

the best would be the north east, i see in my mind that being the most atmospheric point, and could spread easier sound wise into the east, north lower and north upper.

Great idea but isn't that the family area? they would need to be re-located to another stand.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

my view as well.

the best would be the north east, i see in my mind that being the most atmospheric point, and could spread easier sound wise into the east, north lower and north upper.

Is that a family area?
  • Options
    Shift the family area to the NW quad, and move the singers to the NE quad
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]Surely if the guy next to you is giving it his all with "Valley Floyd Road" you feel the need to join in, my days are over from when I used to stand in the covered end but during the "Operation" Middleborough & Blackburn away games we found ourselves in amoungst it all and sang our bloody hearts out.

A good atmosphere worked well for those two games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]Surely if the guy next to you is giving it his all with "Valley Floyd Road" you feel the need to join in, my days are over from when I used to stand in the covered end but during the "Operation" Middleborough & Blackburn away games we found ourselves in amoungst it all and sang our bloody hearts out.

A good atmosphere worked well for those two games.
    It was still a fun day out though!
  • Options
    I was going to suggest this after the palace game (but thought I might get shouted down for mentioning something other than the result etc). From where I was in the east palace were much much louder throughout im afraid to say (best support they have brought here in a long time)

I stood, yes STOOD in the east for the palace game. Blocks A & B were more or less empty. I could stand all game without annoying anyone, sing, banter with the away support etc - how football used to be and the most I have enjoyed the "being a fan experience" at the Valley in a long time.

It would not take a lot to organise. Next season is going to be very empty - just buy an east stand tkt for each game and congregate up the away end. You can create a much better noise than the Covered End upper, and the away support will hear it (for a change).
    I don't suggest everyone moves though. Nice to have noise in more than one area of the ground, as thats what creates a proper atmosphere. One section never create a poroper atmosphere!
  • Options
    Its all about tryint to get standing put back into place, even if its only in a season ticket holders area, or just the lower north or just upper north so you could control the numbers and safety issue's - if their the season ticket holders and there every week since theyve already paid then we've all got to behave (a bit).

but th FA won't budge on the issue, shame, has worked and increased gate numbers due to improved atmosphere in Germany.
  • Options
    As sensible as safe standing areas now are (as we see in Germany) the gov and FA are too geedy and out of touch to change at the moment. So we simply have to (like most other clubs) just stand anyway in our seated areas (which is much more dangerous, but hey that's what the authoritirs want), but do so in the east stand , jimmy seed end.
  • Options
    I know we've joked in the past about drilling holes in the jimmy seed roof but, What about just taking the roof off the away end??!!

atleast we'll seem loud in comparison then!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]I know we've joked in the past about drilling holes in the jimmy seed roof but, What about just taking the roof off the away end??!!

No, no, no, no, no. You can't take the roof off and leave the walls up. Take them down too.
  • Options
    i think if anywhere it should be upper west near the away fans,might aswell not consider the east because of how many kids there r with it being the family stand.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonsteve21[/cite]i think if anywhere it should be upper west near the away fans,might aswell not consider the east because of how many kids there r with it being the family stand.

are you trying to say familys can't sing a creat an atmosphere??!!! Do you have kids?? (I don;t but they're bloody loud urchins these days)
  • Options
    NO NO NO - Campaign to keep the noise out of the East Stand..!

If you singers in the Covered end all sang then there wouldn't be a problem with the noise level. I don't think moving to another section of the ground is going to make any difference. You have got to find out why the the fans do not sing and then address this issue. Me thinks its the lack of anything exciting on the pitch so perhaps we should all go to another football ground where they play good and exciting football and sing there ;o)

Until then I would hope that fans would refrain from singing in the East Stand.

Thank you.

Solid ;o)
  • Options
    I think the away fans should go into the west lower and the jimmy seed should be charlton. Lets be honest most games next year you could close the North and West upper.

I would be happy to move seats to sing as I sit in the north upper and no one sings in M block.

If we can get all the seats tgether for the Derby game we could put our atmosphere test out for all to see
  • Options
    I think the club should designate season ticket areas next season,consolidating each stands season ticket holders into the premium areas,keeping fans together when the casual turn up is low
  • Options
    Went to Bristol the other night and must admit there support was top notch. There main singing area was next to us and they were singing to other areas of the ground to "bounce around" and they responded. They even got the keeper and manager jumping around!!!
    If we (CharltonLife) were prepared to move away from the North Upper we could bounce of each other . All we need is AFKA to organize it
  • Options
    great idea to fill the East blocks A + B. We certainly need to do something! I getting really fed up with the away supporters sing "Your support is fecking shat" when infact the North upper is giving it but cannot be heard.
  • Options
    Block A and B , I did have an ST in there in 2003 /4 then there were lots of tourists and kids
    but it seems fairly sparse there now. So seems like a good idea.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I would definitely consider moving from upper north to east if we could get a better atmosphere
    [cite]Posted By: palcafc[/cite]I think the away fans should go into the west lower and the jimmy seed should be charlton.
    Would you buy a season ticket in the middle of the jimmy seed, knowing every game is going to be obstructed by a huge pole? It's fine for away fans who only have to put up with it once a season, but every single home game it would get pretty annoying, no?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Agreed Deano.

Why would home fans want to sit in the worst part of the ground when the North Upper in particular has far better facilities?

There was nothing wrong with The Valley atmosphere in the days we were winning matches or at the very least putting up spirited performances.

Get it right on the pitch and it will be right in the stands.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited February 2009
    Whatever happens, i think getting home fans behind both goals would be extremely beneficial and something that should definitely be looked at.
  • Options
    Lets all just sit in the jimmy seed

bar Leeds and Millsmall next year the crowd issues wont be a problem lets get in there and give up the nth stand it hasnt been the same since we moved