Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What gates will we get in Div 1...?

Apologies if this has been done previously, but was musing as to how our support would hold up next season.

My guess is we'll average around 13000.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    That looks a reasonable call. My worry is ST's could go down to 7,500
  • Options
    Yes, wouldn't be surprised to see our season tickets halve.
  • Options
    I think everyone will be surprised at how many we will get, my guess is that we'd regularly get at least 16k (we'll become another decent awayday)
  • Options
    If we carry on like this season, the gate we will get is the Pearly Gates.
  • Options
    if we put a few results together, hopefully our away following will improve. that'd be fun.
  • Options
    The Millwall derby should provide a decent gate.
  • Options
    I reckon under 10K for a lot of games next year. I wonder if they'll even close parts of the ground, I can see the upper west being closed to save on costs
  • Options
    heard the people behind me saying they wouldn't renew if we got relegated. can't wait for them to go the moaning fukers.
  • Options
    we are not getting that much more than 13000 through the turnstiles for some games already, but if we do go down gates will depend on how well we do (obviously) but even if we top the league I wouldn't expect to average 16000.
  • Options
    All I know is I'll be there come what may, I honestly don't care who we play it's the losing every week that hurts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]All I know is I'll be there come what may, I honestly don't care who we play it's the losing every week that hurts.

But if we are mid table, that will be the killer. I am unlikely to renew due to finances, but then I have said that before
  • Options
    Probably similar to what Palace are getting now ;-)
  • Options
    I think we should start all our games at Noon, so we won't ever have to use the floodlights.

Saves our wretched Board a few scheckles and also Saves the Planet.

Bring back Target 10,000 and start busing fans in from Woolwich, Plumstead and the locale??
  • Options
    I would like to think we'd get at least 15000 if we're doing well, probably 12000 if were doing ok and 10000 if were not doing too well, but who knows ? Successful teams often get good gates even when they play in a lower league,Leicester, Sheff Wed.... Anyway ,maybe a miracle will happen, and we'll stay up.
  • Options
    I think we will keep the turnstiles in operation easier to count the numbers ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]we are not getting that much more than 13000 through the turnstiles for some games already, but if we do go down gates will depend on how well we do (obviously) but even if we top the league I wouldn't expect to average 16000.

The December 7.45pm kick-offs against Coventry and Derby were very poor, but not as low as 13,000. Reading was the next worst, because of the time of year, plus live TV, but well above those two. Otherwise we have had nothing lower than 17,000 in the ground.

However, I agree that we are going to take a big hit next season as it stands.
  • Options
    Bill Gates as Chairman would be nice
  • Options
    Hopefully not gates with padlocks on.
  • Options
    I'd expect around 13k average. At the moment we get around 20k for most games but most away sides bring a good 2k fans. No one in league one bar Millwall and Leeds plus Southampton if they drop with us would bring that.
    I'd say most teams in league one would bring around 500. Add that in with season ticket sales dropping to around 9-10k and it doesn't look good. A lot will depend on the match day walk up which will obviously depend on how well we're doing.
  • Options
    I genuinely think that if we start the season well and push for promotion that we'll get similar crowds to this season-18k+.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well ladies and gents,thing is our away following will be on the up for a start!me included!
    As for home games,will still be at the Valley for the most.
    Like a load on here been there in the 70's and respect to those b4 that.
    May hear again !We Are Charlton Super Charlton etc!
  • Options
    mind you i just worked out i have done 76 clubs ,done a quick check who could be up and down,so make that 4 grounds to go to get 2 79.
    Charlton always for me!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: HandG[/cite]I genuinely think that if we start the season well and push for promotion that we'll get similar crowds to this season-18k+.

I agree.

The flip side though is if we have another poor season, it could crumble entirely down to 8-10k. I really don't think too many people can stomach another poor season.
  • Options
    Personally believe it will hold up well considering, but all dependant on the start we have, 14-16k at best, if we struggle etc 10-11k IMO.

Still, said it before, more than palarse would get at the same level, and far more than millwall get now with a relatively succesful season so far.

This is all conjucture anyway, we may still stay up :-)
  • Options
    I think in a weird way that our crowds will hold up better if we go down rather than if we manage to stay up.

Work that one out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I think everyone will be surprised at how many we will get, my guess is that we'd regularly get at least 16k (we'll become another decent awayday)

Agree, if we do go down.
    What about a free ST if we come sraight back up, removes tongue from cheek........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]mind you i just worked out i have done 76 clubs ,done a quick check who could be up and down,so make that 4 grounds to go to get 2 79.
    Charlton always for me!
    Isn't 76+4=80?!
  • Options
    Might help if we could win a few soddin games, 10 to 12 thousand would be a good effort if mid table.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]mind you i just worked out i have done 76 clubs ,done a quick check who could be up and down,so make that 4 grounds to go to get 2 79.
    Charlton always for me![/quote]
    Isn't 76+4=80?![/quote]

Yes it is.
    Next question.................;-)
  • Options
    on average 8000 season ticket holders, 3000 match day sales, 500-1000 away fans

and 10,000 school/greenwich council give aways