Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saturday's game in doubt - MATCH OFF - CONFIRMED.

Comments

• Options
    I could do with the game being called off to be honest, not sure I can face it this weekend after being off sick all week with manflu. A nice Saturday watching the eggchasing and cricket in the warm sounds much more appealing at the moment.
  • Options
    assuming its a midweek reschedule I won't complain as its another game i can take the nipper to.
  • Options
    Heavy snow predicted for London tomorrow morning, so getting in/out of London by public transport is going to be a nightmare again. It if does fall, then saturday will be a no no.
  • Options
    I do hope it's not cancelled so we can continue our fine run of form
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I do hope it's not cancelled so we can continue our fine run of form

Oh no .... it'll give Hudson an extra week to get fit. And then we would have no option but to play 2 proper centre backs against Argyle.

;o)
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Spitting with rain all night, much of the snow washed away. More importantly, it's a lot less icy than it was a few hours ago.

Forecast looking steady for SE7.
  • Options
    Naturally, the BBC weather site begs to differ, but that's usually wrong.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Would the inspection take into account Cardif Players and Fans not being able to get through the snow to get to the game...

Could be talking complete waffel but it's a thought..

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]Would the inspection take into account Cardif Players and Fans not being able to get through the snow to get to the game...

;o)

Didnt bother Bristol City on Tuesday...

But you'd know that if you had read the whole thread first ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]Would the inspection take into account Cardif Players and Fans not being able to get through the snow to get to the game...

;o)

Didnt bother Bristol City on Tuesday...

But you'd know that if you had read the whole thread first ;-)

I know that!!!! ;oP

I'm just saying that this isn't us, it's another team - and don't forget the FA don't give too hoots about us!

:o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heavy snow down the M4 corridor, they may consider Cardiff fans travelling
  • Options
    I've never noticed a "corridor" on the M4 E.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]I've never noticed a "corridor" on the M4 E.

There is one, 2nd door on the left, leads all the way down to Sheep land. :-)
  • Options
    Game will 100% be on. The less Cardiff fans make it the better!
  • Options
    How much snow has se7 had today?

I have never seen so much here in milton keynes...
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Mike_CAFC[/cite]How much snow has se7 had today ?

I know a female Charlton fan who lives in SE7 and apparently she got a couple of inches last night
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mike_CAFC[/cite]How much snow has se7 had today ?

I know a female Charlton fan who lives in SE7 and apparently she got a couple of inches last night
    Not sure Tav will be impressed...
  • Options
    Does she know Ian C.................
  • Options
    if it's called off I'll be gobsmacked.
  • Options
    Robroy predicted: ''Game will 100% be on. The less Cardiff fans make it the better! ''

And if a few of their team are snowed in and its eleven versus six with them playing a rush goalie, we could be in with a chance...

Won't be there as I'm off to the French Alps , where I hope the snow hasn't all melted!

Have a good one,y'all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's OFF. Official.
  • Options
    So much for the 12.30 inspection then?!
  • Options
    AT LAST

OUR LUCK IS CHANGING!

BRILLIANT!

On the sauce all day watching the Rugby!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    so the pitch was fine and playable yesterday, nothing significant happens overnight, and now it isn't playable. I wonder whether Hudson was going to make it or not ??

Oh well, 12 points adrift by 5pm.
  • Options
    it was moved earlier due to other deadlines with regards to printing, travel, and all kinds of other gubbins.
  • Options
    crikey! even ZZ will be fit for the new date
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite] I wonder whether Hudson was going to make it or not ??

he lives next door to a friend and hudson and his wife/girlfriend have been away all week, probably couldn't get a flight back !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]it was moved earlier due to other deadlines with regards to printing, travel, and all kinds of other gubbins.

had Cardiff team travelled yet suzi ??
  • Options
    Sorry, should have stickied this one initially but, going to close this now - can we throw everything/anything into the top thread please.

Ta.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]so the pitch was fine and playable yesterday, nothing significant happens overnight, and now it isn't playable. I wonder whether Hudson was going to make it or not ??

it was fine and playable yesterday because the sun was on it, we were due heavy rain on the satellite and the snow would have been shovelled off and the pitch would have been fine. the heavy rain (which never came) also meant that the snow/ice would have melted around the ground, but it was just drizzle and freezing temperature which didn't have the desired effect it was due to. it is due to be -3 tonight (-6ground level) which means the pitch will freeze over night and the weather forecast for saturday was sun, but is liable to change. the bridges over the severn are shut and therefore there is trouble for those travelling to the game so for reasons of safety, and to give ample time to all (to save them travelling, and printing the programme, not to mention the food prepared for the thousands of guests at the game tomorrow) the decision needed to be made.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!