Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saturday's game in doubt - MATCH OFF - CONFIRMED.

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
apparently pitch is fine and playable but the Police have said the surrounding area is to dangerous and as it stands the game won't go ahead.

I suspect the rain currently falling will help this and the outlook will be alot different tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    Heavy snow is forecast over the next 48 hours, I have a rep in Brimingham who is currently snowed in at his hotel
  • Options
    good
  • Options
    not good. Anyway, depending on who you listen to the 'snow' expected is likely to be rain and all will be fine.
  • Options
    Raining this morning as I walked up from Aldgate... paths were much better than yesterday
  • Options
    Nearly slid all the way down to my bus stop.

All side roads I go down the paths are like that and can't see it getting too much better.

As for having it postponed doesn't really matter either way as we'll lose to Cardiff whenever we play them.
  • Options
    Harvey Gardens/floyd road is still a mess. Will be gone soon enough tho.

SORT IT OUT GREENWICH COUNCIL FOR FUG SAKE
  • Options
    I think we have to look further afield than the roads around the Valley, parts of Wales and Wiltshire have had some of the heaviest snow in the last 48 hours and some parts of the M4 are blocked, unless Cardiff have a back up plan to fly down they may not be able to travel.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I've just struggled into Redditch only to find the office was closed and no-one bothered to ring an tell me!!!

Get home and I've had an email but it was sent 30mins after I'm supposed to start work.

*Edit* Oh, and Worcestershire CC are running out of grit so hardly any roads have been treated!
  • Options
    Worcestershire CCC ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    i live 10 mins from ninian park and its ok. my son is in school and we have about 1 inch here, it is currently sleet/rain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Worcestershire CCC ?
    ;-)

Ha, not much going on at New Road today!
  • Options
    Heard on 5live this morning that our (UK's) supply of rocksalt/grit is almost out and the only company in the UK who supply the stuff are virtually out themselves. Some councils (in areas where snow is still falling) have stated that they will be doing no more gritting of roads.

Up to now I've been prepared to defend the authorities from those moaners who think it should've been business as normal for a country that sees one day of snow per year if they're lucky, following the worst snowfall for nearly 20 years, but this is totally out of order.
  • Options
    precautionary pitch inspection at 12.30 tomorrow...
  • Options
    Who fancies a lil meet up in the camden bexleyheath if its snowed off then???
  • Options
    Why haven't the club told us what is going on?
  • Options
    Everytime we have a pitch inspection we lose :-|
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Why haven't the club told us what is going on?[/quote]

You THINK they know ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Why haven't the club told us what is going on?

You THINK they know ?

Yes, they KNOW but they won't tell us.

Just like the car that runs on tap water that they have surpressed and Area 51 (the bit behind the Jimmy South Stand) they all about know but they won' tell us.

The game was called off days ago but they are not telling us so people still buy tickets which won't then be refundable.
  • Options
    "Who fancies a lil meet up in the camden bexleyheath if its snowed off then???"

Who fancies a lil meet up in the camden bexleyheath if the game's on then???!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]I think we have to look further afield than the roads around the Valley, parts of Wales and Wiltshire have had some of the heaviest snow in the last 48 hours and some parts of the M4 are blocked, unless Cardiff have a back up plan to fly down they may not be able to travel.

Wasn't a consideration for our trip to Bristol City on Tuesday, though.

Call it off! I want a rest from this all this :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    That said, it's thawing outside here in SE7, but there's same dangerous spots and Saturday could still be icy if temperatures drop again. Hopefully they'll make an early call on the game and stick to it.
  • Options
    I reckon they will check the pot holes first. If they are full of water the game will be on, if it's ice the game will be off. :-)
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3391

no snow here, I guess its more a question of the current ice/snow melting or not.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BexleyRed[/cite]I reckon they will check the pot holes first. If they are full of water the game will be on, if it's ice the game will be off. :-)

keep up - they were filled in last week :-)
  • Options
    BRE said : "Everytime we have a pitch inspection we lose :-| "

Only when the match gets the go-ahead. If it gets called off, then we would have definitely won. FACT.
  • Options
    who we got this weekend?

:-)
  • Options
    Please call it off....

I dont want another saturday night ruined with me in a bad mood.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Everytime we have a pitch inspection we lose :-|

Everytime we have a game we lose!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!