Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

YOU WHAT, PARKY!?!?

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
"Losing Mark Hudson has been a big blow as he has been our best player this season."

Parky = Pards 2.0

Well played the board.

Comments

• Options
    Hey - he's been one of our best two central defenders this season!

Apart from the loanees. And Matt Holland, when he's substituted there.

So only a litle bit of over-statement from Parky.
  • Options
    I liked 'the best form of defence is attack'. This from a man whom until the last two games has insisted playing one striker !!
  • Options
    So our best player this season who has been at fault for about 10 goals-Christ we really do have a problem.
  • Options
    what! surley he said it must be dicksons fault for not scoreing 10 or more goals in his 2 starts!! or maybe its mootoos fault for not being a more confident right back than most of the other ones we have loaned from this league. or is it really coz our goal machine andy gray is out injured!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kakaka[/cite]what! surley he said it must be dicksons fault for not scoreing 10 or more goals in his 2 starts!! or maybe its mootoos fault for not being a more confident right back than most of the other ones we have loaned from this league. or is it really coz our goal machine andy gray is out injured!!

It's complete madness.
  • Options
    By the way, Parky needs to get 10 pts from the next five games, else he has officially done a worse job than the one for which Pardew got sacked.

Here are the season''s stats:

Pardew 18 matches 16 pts

Parky 13 matches 6 pts

Goood luck, Parky!
  • Options
    I would put money that we dont get another 2 points per game in the next 5 so parky will be worse than Pardrew. I didn't think the players could of done worse than when under Pardrew but I was wrong.
  • Options
    Cant blame Parky, no he isnt the most gifted of managers, and yes he is still young, IMO, he has been thrown in at the deep end. The board have a lot to answer for, when the oppertunity was there we should have brought in a new man, with fresh ideas. They (the board) should have learnt from there mistakes when we got rid of Dowie and replaced him with Reed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Cant blame Parky, no he isnt the most gifted of managers, and yes he is still young, IMO, he has been thrown in at the deep end. The board have a lot to answer for, when the oppertunity was there we should have brought in a new man, with fresh ideas. They (the board) should have learnt from there mistakes when we got rid of Dowie and replaced him with Reed.

Agree.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Cant blame Parky, no he isnt the most gifted of managers, and yes he is still young, IMO, he has been thrown in at the deep end. The board have a lot to answer for, when the oppertunity was there we should have brought in a new man, with fresh ideas. They (the board) should have learnt from there mistakes when we got rid of Dowie and replaced him with Reed.[/quote]

Agree I dont hold him responsible he has been thrown in at the deep end and been extremly unlucky.
    The reason behind the unlucky comment is he has gone and got what i would consider the right positions but lost them to injuries.
    He recognised that we needed at least 3 new players in the back four a left back McCeverly injured so we have gone back to what we had, Murty far better than Moots but i feel he has been carrying the shin injury for a few games now. Ward in Both Fortune and Hudson go injured all three would have gone a long way IMO to building a solid back 4 and a decent base to work from.

In Short Everything that can go wrong has gone wrong unfortunately.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's probably how it is, Bourne.
    Not so much excuses, just reasons.

Reasons don't get points, unfortunately.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]That's probably how it is, Bourne.
    Not so much excuses, just reasons.

Reasons don't get points, unfortunately.[/quote]

I know I'm just not as quick to jump on a man that is doing his best to get us out of this!!
    I'm not so sure he would be the one I would get rid of for next season there is a long line in front of him called players!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I liked 'the best form of defence is attack'. This from a man whom until the last two games has insisted playing one striker !![/quote]

Burton was playing as a midfielder vs Burnley
  • Options
    Not picking your post to pieces, Bourne.
    I agree with you that Parky has had rotten luck with injuries to key players, but then that's the life of a manager.

I was just saying, before the suicide squad descend, that they're not excuses but they are reasons.
    But for all the understanding of those reasons, a glance at the table shows that good reasons are not enough on their own.

Whether Parky is the right man or not, there's something about him that is sincere, he's tried to address positional deficiencies (although another CB would have been handy, Mr Parky), he's tried to instill a new mentality in the side - and he's tried to do it with a leaky ship that was already capsizing.

If he'd taken over in the last close season, I'm sure we'd have been by now reasonably comfortable in mid-table, the confidence crisis wouldn't have kicked in, and most on here would have more appreciation of what he has tried to do. Or perhaps they wouldn't?
  • Options
    But given that Parky, for whatever reasons, hasn't succeeded and the confidence crisis is chasmic, where do we go now?
  • Options
    Very well said, Oggy.
  • Options
    Parkinson is not up to the job. Another manager, I am SURE, if appointed in December, would have us out of the bottom three already.

Sorry - he just doens't know what he's doing. His record in the CCC is abysmal - he's out of his depth and it was a mistake to appoint the assistant manager to manage this side, when all that is wrong is beginning to show on the pitch now - players like Moutakil rowing with him, no centre halves, no real form of attack, Dickson given a chance too late, do we go on?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite] If he'd taken over in the last close season, I'm sure we'd have been by now reasonably comfortable in mid-table

Can't agree with that at all, i just don't think he's a good enough manager. His tactics are awful.

[cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Parkinson is not up to the job. Another manager, I am SURE, if appointed in December, would have us out of the bottom three already.

Sorry - he just doens't know what he's doing. His record in the CCC is abysmal - he's out of his depth and it was a mistake to appoint the assistant manager to manage this side, when all that is wrong is beginning to show on the pitch now - players like Moutakil rowing with him, no centre halves, no real form of attack, Dickson given a chance too late, do we go on?

Agree with pretty much all of this.

I used to get angry about our plight, now i'm just resigned to the fact we're gone. The sooner Parkinson goes the better. We should've got someone in who could've assessed the squad, got us going again and built for next season. Instead we're left with a shell of a squad, some players who don't want to play for him and no-one knows whether he'll be here next season or not.
  • Options
    I'm just saying Chris, that if Parky had taken over in the close season, then he would have had more opportunity - and crucially, more time - to have started with a clean (or cleaner slate).

With the state of the club behind the scenes, any manager coming in would have been on a hiding to nothing, as the ship was already filling up with water.

It's something best addressed in the close season with no match pressure and the chance of making hopefully the right changes, not just desperate last minute fixes.
  • Options
    totally agree oggy that's why parky needs time to put his 2 year plan into place;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree with you as always - Parky I think has good potential but no FUNDS and no CHANCE....
  • Options
    I think he will be our manager at the start of next season without doubt
  • Options
    Billy Davies at Forest has had NO funds ...... seen how he's doing recently?
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    But billy doesn't have potential he is already good - you can remove your tongue from his arse by the way we all know he would have probably been a better appointment than Parky
  • Options
    I'm not a huge fan of Billy Davies - but fan enough to know we wouldn't be bottom now if we'd appointed him/or someone like him in December.

Parky does NOT have potential - his record at this level is appalling - why do we keep a manager who may got us relegated, gets us out of Division 3 and then is not up to the job in the CCC the following year - otherwise we become a Yo-Yo club - but between the CCC and Division 3 and I cannot believe that is where Charlton are in the natural pecking order ...
  • Options
    For those of you (Oggy/Dazzler to name but a few), what exactly has Parky done in his time here to make you think he's got potential?
  • Options
    Well until last night we had definately improved our attitudes - and even some off our play was tidying up....
  • Options
    I feel a bit sorry for Parkinson. However. He was Pardews number two and if he had anything new to bring to the table after Pardew left whatever it was it is certainly obvious that it hasn`t made a jot of difference. He has brought in god knows how many players on loan when I believe he would have been better working on the whole, with what he had. A new man is essential at the start of next season although I doubt that will happen. I am not confident that we will challenge next season under Parky and quite honestly if the board cannot see that things are going from bad to worse and act accordingly then I will fully understand the reason why target 10.000 will need to start up again. Season ticket next year ? Probably but I have been going since 1960 and old habits die hard. Never been sadder or more despondent than I feel now about Charlton. Before we had no money, no ground and no supporters but there was something else. Spirit, fight and ambition. Not sure that we have that now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Well until last night we had definately improved our attitudes - and even some off our play was tidying up....

Has it? From where i'm sitting the team is far worse than when Pardew left even though Parky has been here for over 20 games and had a transfer window.
    Parky's only wins were against a poor Norwich team who sacked their manager the next day and against an even poorer Palace side against whom his tactics were to nick a goal then defend the edge of our area for the next 70 minutes. Poor tactics, poor signings, poor manager.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]But billy doesn't have potential he is already good - you can remove your tongue from his arse by the way we all know he would have probably been a better appointment than Parky
    Probably?