Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Would Relegation Be the Best Thing?

2»

Comments

• WE are charlton.

Why do we have to follow a path of another club at all?
  • Things go in cycles and our time will come again. We've been left with a much increased fan base, a good stadium, good training facilities and a board with better experience of both the good and the bad. There will probably be some survivors from this year's squad who will be good in league one. If we keep dickson, racon and bailey for example that'll be a good start IMO.

For me, that makes us much more likely to be a Leicester than a Bradford.

For my (badly-educated) reading of the predicted losses for next year it doesn't sound like an all out disaster and we'll benefit from the cost cutting that has already taken place. Richard Murray doesn't seem to think administration is an option.

We'll be ok. Group hug?
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]WE are charlton.

Why do we have to follow a path of another club at all?

Dont think anyone is saying we have to follow them, but Leicester, Leeds & Man City are, or either have been in League 1/division 3 recently and they are still around, Man City back in the prem, Leicester are top of League 1 and Leeds in for a play off place.

So it has happened to relatively large clubs before(us on a par with Leicester IMO, as we dont match Leeds or Man City support, which helps)
  • Yes, sad news Valley Mc, things like that do put things into perspective.
  • The reason Leicester look like bouncing back is Milan Mandaric has injected money having taken over relatively recently.

We are unlikely to receive a similar injection of funds so in my opinion our probable relegation is potentially disastrous for the longterm future of the Club (at least in Charlton SE7). I can see a groundshare at Stonebridge Road or a merger with Ebbsfleet to form Ebbsfleet Athletic from a purpose built stadium in the Thames Gateway in the not too distant future. Either that or liquidation.

However as VM says there are more important things than Charlton.
  • Steady Len, let's all look forward to this season's relegation first, eh?

;o)
  • edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Steady Len, let's all look forward to this season's relegation first, eh?

;o)

I need some of your happy pills Oggy :-)