Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol City confident game will go ahead (1pm update - GAME ON)

2»

Comments

• I know its not really helpful but..............
    Exeter's home game been postponed tonight ;

well, its West of London..........
  • edited February 2009
    [url=http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~1543423,00.html
    ]http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~1543423,00.html
    [/url]
    Pitch inspection now at 1pm with match ref instead of local man. Photos suggest not much snow there.
  • In case the link doesn't work....

The pitch inspection ahead of this evening's scheduled Championship match against Charlton Athletic at Ashton Gate will now take place at 1pm.

Match referee Kevin Friend, from Leicestershire, will take the inspection instead of a local official, meaning the time has been put back an hour.

The surface had been covered since Saturday, and when they were peeled back this morning the pitch looks fine.

The inspection is a precautionary safety measure taken the club.

bcfc.co.uk will bring first news of the inspection as soon as it happens.
  • I'm 135 miles west of Bristol, it's now grey skies, milder and all snow has melted.

Wind's westerly, and as it blows towards Bristol, should be milder there too,
  • The sun's been out in the West for the last couple of hours and most of the snow has now gone - for those who are thinking of coming.
  • no probs with pitch and surrounding areas - its on.
  • damn 1 more fixture gone 1 more defeat.
  • stay positive NSS we'll still have 15 games left and 45 points to play for and if you give up now that might stop those shit footballers from becoming good blah blah blah;-(
  • Yeah we know we are shit but dont reminding every 2 minutes!!

Back to thread game on COYR
  • oh i forgot another month to go until we are officially in a relegation battle,no need to worry just yet then ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]oh i forgot another month to go until we are officially in a relegation battle,no need to worry just yet then ;-)
    I'm not sure that battle is the correct term is it?!
  • Was hoping the game would be cancelled, at least then we wouldn't have heard the excuse of not having enough preparation when we inevitable lose tonight
  • I was planning on going but this morning I saw/heard reports of heavy snow in Wales and problems with the M4 so decided not to go & now firmly ensconsed in he office in Hythe.

just hope we don't win ! lol
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]so decided not to go

Parky's post match comments.

"I can't put my finger on it but there's always been a bit of negativity that players have picked up at away games. For some reason that wasn't here tonight and I think that contributed to the win.

So pleased for the fans who did make the trip. All the shirts that were thrown into the crowd and the free drinks and tickets from the board really meant a lot to them, I'm sure"

: - )
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]so decided not to go

"I can't put my finger on it but there's always been a bit of negativity that players have picked up at away games. For some reason that wasn't here tonight and I think that contributed to the win.

So pleased for the fans who did make the trip. All the shirts that were thrown into the crowd and the free drinks and tickets from the board really meant a lot to them, I'm sure"

surely we can't afford throwing shirts away willy-nilly ?
  • I don't really like it when we play a game and most other games are called off.

It just means all the other teams have a game in hand and makes our points total look even weaker.
  • Four games off in the Championship, but only Barnsley and Derby from the bottom third of the table are affected.

Southampton and Norwich both have tricky-sounding fixtures which are definitely on...
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]so decided not to go

surely we can't afford throwing shirts away willy-nilly ?

We can if we do it only when we win away : - 0
  • If we're hard up, can't our fans throw their shirts to the team .....?