Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol City confident game will go ahead (1pm update - GAME ON)

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
Covers been on pitch since Saturday, and no real snow has fallen in Bristol.

In all honesty though, it may be fine down there, but i really don't see how our team are going to be able to travel there.

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Covers been on pitch since Saturday, and no real snow has fallen in Bristol.

In all honesty though, it may be fine down there, but i really don't see how our team are going to be able to travel there.

That'll be just our luck ...... the team stranded halfway down the M4.
    Charlton deducted 3 points for not turning up.

Blimey, that'd even make Golfie laugh ;o)
  • edited February 2009
    Arsenal have already called their game off at The Emirates tomorrow
  • I'll still go if:

a) It is defiantely on
    b) I can get to The Valley
    c) My lift is still going.
  • edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Blimey, that'd even make Golfie laugh ;o)

Now that is just going too far ; -)

[cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Covers been on pitch since Saturday, and no real snow has fallen in Bristol.

Good point. Would have to leave today to have a chance as it only seems to be getting worse.
  • Motorways seem to be ok at the moment, can only see it getting worse later though
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Covers been on pitch since Saturday, and no real snow has fallen in Bristol.

Just that pesky artificial snow then?
  • as someone said to me earlier, it will make no difference as the team hasn't turned up all season.

boom boom

(i'll get my coat........)
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite](i'll get my coat........)

you will need it out there
  • edited February 2009
    LOL !
  • it could reduce our away support ;-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Going to be as cold as -8 in the West Country this evening - WRAP UP WARM LADS!
  • respect to anyone that goes,considering our current plight and weather conditions you are all proper.
  • Snowing heavily again in Cornwall this morning.

But the wind has moved round from the west and it feels much milder, despite snow falling.

I wonder what the weather is doing halfway to London, around Bristol?
  • edited February 2009
    http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/weatherwatch

Not sure I'd say this means the game will go on!
  • I'm about 20 miles from Bristol, and we've had about 4 inches of snow since 6pm yesterday (Well that's how deep it is on my driveway).

Snow doesn't usually 'settle' here on the coast, but it certainly has this time.
  • From the Bristo local paper - Supa's link above:

"The Ashton Gate playing surface has been covered by plastic sheeting since Sunday night and temperatures are expected to rise as rain moves into the West later today."

So if it rains later today, and doesn't freeze after dusk, then the game will play.
  • Not just about the pitch though is it, the local authority, health & safety, police etc may call it off due to the local streets and side roads being iced up.
  • I hope they tell us soon, If stupidity gets the best of me I need to leave about three.
  • Precautionary inspection at midday.
  • Inspection due at Ashton Gate
    A pitch inspection will take place at Ashton Gate at around 12pm ahead of Bristol City's match against Charlton on Tuesday night - although the Robins are confident the game will go ahead.

City have taken the precautionary measure following a recent drop in temperatures in the West Country.

But with the pitch having been covered since after the Robins' home match on Saturday, and little snow having fallen in the surrounding area, the fixture is expected to receive the green light.

The car park and areas around the ground have been cleared of snow, and a referee will take a look at the pitch at around midday.

Despite the bad weather, which prevented the Addicks from training on Monday morning, the Charlton team coach left for Bristol that afternoon, albeit slightly later than planned.

The official website will provide an update on the situation when available
  • Sponsored links:

• Pitch inspection at midday, but everyone confident the game will get the green light.

Charlton squad arrived safely by coach in Bristol yesterday evening and spent night in hotel.
  • Suze.....?

;-)
  • I wrote : "Charlton squad arrived safely by coach in Bristol yesterday evening and spent night in hotel."

Actually, in our current financial straits, not sure the last bit is true. It may well be that ther senior players are in Mrs Mop's B&B and the younger members of the squad in the local youth hostel...
  • [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Pitch inspection at midday, but everyone confident the game will get the green light.

Charlton squad arrived safely by coach in Bristol yesterday evening and spent night in hotel.

I can report that Parky had a roast for dinner, when asked about the vegetables, he said they will have the same as him!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Pitch inspection at midday, but everyone confident the game will get the green light.

Charlton squad arrived safely by coach in Bristol yesterday evening and spent night in hotel.[/quote]

Any chance of them leaving their (nice,warm) hotel later and
    TRY TO WIN THIS BLOODY FOOTBALL MATCH ?
  • edited February 2009
    None, whatsoever
  • Down here in Cornwall, just to say with these milder westerly winds coming in from the erm ....... west, our snow is melting rapidly.

Those winds are headed towards Bristol, so should soon be milder and wetter there, providing it doesn't freeze again after dusk.
  • If the game is postponed, we would have won. FACT.

If it goes ahead, I'm not so sure...
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Suze.....?

;-)

ARGH! I skidded all the way down floyd road this morning!!