Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Red Red Robin

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
Does anybody feel that we should replace this song with something a bit more upbeat. All i know is that when teams are in a relegation fight, they play songs to pump the players and the team up. I would like to hear something played like Right here, Right Now played as the players are coming out.

Any views on this??

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, lets change "Valley Floyd Road" as well, wear blue at home and get renamed Woolwich Wanderers!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_4life[/cite]Does anybody feel that we should replace this song with something a bit more upbeat. All i know is that when teams are in a relegation fight, they play songs to pump the players and the team up. I would like to hear something played like Right here, Right Now played as the players are coming out.

Any views on this??

The Red, Red Robin is sacred part of Charlton's history and removing that is like removing a vital organ from the body of the Club.
  • Options
    no but they can get rid of the music when the players are about to come out. need a bit of born slippy before hand !! bangin !!
  • Options
    I rather hope that the originator of this post is on a fishing expedition.
  • Options
    Erm NO. It's bad enough we have that young kid crashing all over it or even Mr Nuttall occasionally but to lose it all together would be unacceptable. BDL plays enough 'motivational' stuff already so Hands off Our RRR.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    get rid of the that annoying kids voice !! The kid is probarbly on 5k per announcement !!
  • Options
    well, the majority of people on this forum have already given up for survival, so was just coming up with a fewideas that could get everyone up for the challenge. Sorry if i dont want to see my team struggle in league one and want to do everything i possibly can to stop this from happening.
  • Options
    Sorry mate - don't think changing a song will do that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_4life[/cite]well, the majority of people on this forum have already given up for survival, so was just coming up with a fewideas that could get everyone up for the challenge. Sorry if i dont want to see my team struggle in league one and want to do everything i possibly can to stop this from happening.

Well changing the song that has been good enough for more than 50 years isn't going to help.
  • Options
    When the team runs out I, and my son, and others around me robustly sing along to the old song. What annoys me is when the second verse is cut short

What if I feel blue I start walking through fields of flowers,
    Rain may glisten but still I listen for hours and hours
    I'm like a kid again, doing what i did again singing this song
    WHEN THE RED RED ROBIN COMES BOB BOB BOBBIN' ALONG

usually some advert cuts in after hours and hours
    or in the prem it was that dreadful demanded music

Funnily enough they played the whole second verse on Saturday against Norwich...mind you we ended up kicking the wrong way!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah get rid of the kid
    What does it say anyway never figured it out
    Robin has to stay
  • Options
    ok your are all entitled to your views, maybe that could be the music for the 'This is The Valley' video and then we could do what west Ham do and sing Valley Floyd Road when the teams are walking out. i have been over West Ham a few times and it is amazing to see and hear when they cut the music and everyone carries on with the song.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]get rid of the that annoying kids voice !! The kid is probarbly on 5k per announcement !!

I keep thinkin he's gunna go into 'charlie says' by the prodigy, that would be quite good ;-)
  • Options
    We might as well get rid of it.

It can follow most of our other prized possessions and 'model club' values out the door.

Grrrr.
  • Options
    'We might as well get rid of it.

It can follow most of our other prized possessions and 'model club' values out the door.

Grrrr. '

id rather have a copper or greenwich council leader on the big screen wagging their finger at us saying to behave. 'under terrorism law you could get arrested......'
  • Options
    i think we should pump out valley floyd road, red red robin etc throughout the game to encourage singing...
  • Options
    cant someone in the north upper get there hands on a mega phone like the italians and turks and greeks, and get the atmospshere buzzing??

I would love a real hostile environment for the rest of the season, make it like Galatasaray, whistle when the oppo have the ball make it nasty, and not the garden centre on a afternoon it has become of late.
  • Options
    If I can't get a rattle in I don't think there's much chance for a megaphone: the damage you could do! Like Mr.Plum, March Jnr and I happily belt out all of the RRB: it's part of our heritage and folklore (just like trams).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_4life[/cite]ok your are all entitled to your views, maybe that could be the music for the 'This is The Valley' video and then we could do what west Ham do and sing Valley Floyd Road when the teams are walking out. i have been over West Ham a few times and it is amazing to see and hear when they cut the music and everyone carries on with the song.

Well, why not learn the words to Red Red Robin and sing along to that?
  • Options
    i can whistle loud very loud loudest i and my friends know of!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    red red robin has to stay. Get rid of that gladiator music or whatever it is, does my head in. Preferred when we had robbie williams to be honest. though VFR would be better...!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    What an oppressing atmosphere it puts upon our opposition and their fans when some "cutesy" voiced little'un is talking about Charlton being a family club. Right before kick off. I feel totally embarassed whenever they play it.
  • Options
    no, keep the red red robin, good music 2 listen to when the players walk on the pitch. gets my hopes up that charlton mite win
  • Options
    Right here right now would kill the prematch atmosphere even more. Get rid of the music before the game, keep red red robin, and get rid of that annoying little kid. At least play it before they come out and don't ruin red red robin, it is sacrilege!
  • Options
    Get rid of Red Robin? I tell you what, I'll fight anyone that tries.

What I would get rid of is that ghastly kiddies voice saying something about football being a family sport just as the players are doing that useless lining up crap.

There is so much wrong with the current matchday experience.. The Red Robin Isn't one of them.
  • Options
    Nah, I'm bringing back Bryan Adams by popular request.... All together now.....

We're gonna win................

;-)
  • Options
    The thing I hate about RRR is it's virtually impossible not to clap in time to the music. Go on. Try it on saturday.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]The thing I hate about RRR is it's virtually impossible not to clap in time to the music. Go on. Try it on saturday.[/quote]
    Thats a good thing, gives us a good boost.....

And this topic is a joke, why axe RRR, it is a good song and been with us for years..... didnt affect us in the prem did it.... tbh we cant make silly excuses up like that
  • Options
    I think there is scope to play RRR and VFR before kick off (louder please) as I have heard a couple of times last year. They have to turn off at kick off I guess but the fans could carry on.

At Sheffield United a couple of weeks ago there was an attempt at the second verse of VFR probably not attempted for some years.
  • Options
    It might be naff, but its our song.