Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky hints Zhi to go?

Comments

• Options
    sorry, my post took so long to type by mobile, others beat me to my core point!
  • Options
    ok turn it on his head

if ZZ was available for us to buy now after what he did for us in his 1st tenure, think that he didnt play last year would you want Parky to buy him

I would

Everyone keeps saying we aint got no money, by selling ZZ you will raise perhaps 1 mill i would rather have a million pound player in my team than 3 players worth a few hundred thousand

we are not dead yet but we are dying if the board wont remove parky lets keep zz lets lose some loanees shorten the squad numbers play our yoof and zz in roles where they can play get Fleetwood back as everything good out of Brighton seems to be coming through him, use the squad we have and own to reduce our costs and get 1 or 2 players in
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Sure could do with his 10 or so goal from last season :-(

Need him back fit. And not sold. He is the best central midfielder at the club.

Plus the last time he played, we won ;-)
  • Options
    if we sell ZZ that would signal our intentions
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Whilst it would be a waste of his talent I'm sure he would add a touch of badly needed class at centre back, a position he's never played in for us.

Would struggle against any physical strikers, and most clubs have at least one striker like that.

Point taken but that's what the likes of Fortune and Hudson are there for. Most decent defences have a centre back with mobility but we (by virtue of limited options) have had to play two "hoofers" all season together.

It's improved with Fortune back, ok he's not really quick, but he's not slow either. Can't be much difference between him and ZZ.
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if Parky tried selling him for some magic beans.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]His contract is up in the summer, so if we're going to get any cash for him, it has to be now.

However, what we have the prospect of, is a properly rested ZZ who can (hopefully) come back to us with bags of energy & enthusiasm. We've never had the benefit of him being fully rested as he's played virtually non-stop for the last 5-6 years without a summer break and with loads of long-haul travel thrown-in. He COULD be the one that saves our season.......

I may be wrong, but I have heard there is another year on his contract through 2009-10. And even if it did run out at the end of the season, his value in a Januray transfer would be much less than his value in helping to keep Charlton up.

I have to say I agree with AA. Why sell our most gifted midfielder when we desperately need a gifted midfielder. It's seems like a case of "cutting off your nose to spite your face".
  • Options
    It was only a few weeks back that ZZ was hobbling on crutches next to the tunnel. He's been injured for some time, will he be fit enough to play anyway?
  • Options
    I think it's about time our fans put up a bit of a fight to pressure the board into not selling all our best players.
    Selling to get the money has got us absolutely nowhere, going right back to the Scott Parker sale.We are in this mess because we offloaded too many quality players all at once and replaced them with overpriced lower league dross.
    We need ZZ in the team badly. I actually think he played his best football up front alongside Darren Bent in the Prem.
    I would revamp the midfield and forward line, by playing Sam, Bailey Semedo, Racon/Shelvey in midfield with ZZ and Bouazza up front.
    That would give us a strong and creative midfield. ZZ and Bouazza would compliment each other well with ZZ's aerial and passing ability and Bouazza's speed and skill.
    Parky should go, not ZZ. My only hope is that if someone like PDC came in, he may be able to hang on to our best players.
  • Options
    He is our biggest asset in terms of money making so selling him could bring a few players in...

With the supposed 1.2 million for Varney and other players looking to be sold, i hope we spend equally well in January...

Attracting the players will be a problem but thats something only a new manager could do..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "A most convenient injury that lasts up until the transfer window hmmm what do you make of it Watson?" said Holmes.
    "Even I could have told you to expect that Holmes!" I ejaculated. "Precisely" replied he.
  • Options
    not sure if this has been mentioned on here before that the the orginal transfer for zz was based on apperances etc and if he plays more games we would have to cough up the next instalment
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]not sure if this has been mentioned on here before that the the orginal transfer for zz was based on apperances etc and if he plays more games we would have to cough up the next instalment
    hmm...is it a Franny Jeffers situation again?
  • Options
    ZZ is our only premiership quality player, end of.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]"A most convenient injury that lasts up until the transfer window hmmm what do you make of it Watson?" said Holmes.
    "Even I could have told you to expect that Holmes!" I ejaculated. "Precisely" replied he.

Yeah it must be hell for ZZ to have had a pin inserted into his foot and be made to hop round on crutches for 3 months just to fool the fans.
  • Options
    yep it must be!
  • Options
    I think it's about time our fans put up a bit of a fight to pressure the board into not selling all our best players.
    Selling to get the money has got us absolutely nowhere, going right back to the Scott Parker sale.We are in this mess because we offloaded too many quality players all at once and replaced them with overpriced lower league dross.
    We need ZZ in the team badly. I actually think he played his best football up front alongside Darren Bent in the Prem.
    I would revamp the midfield and forward line, by playing Sam, Bailey Semedo, Racon/Shelvey in midfield with ZZ and Bouazza up front.
    That would give us a strong and creative midfield. ZZ and Bouazza would compliment each other well with ZZ's aerial and passing ability and Bouazza's speed and skill.
    Parky should go, not ZZ. My only hope is that if someone like PDC came in, he may be able to hang on to our best players.

Thing is ZZ can go on a free at the end of the season anyway. Though I guess we could try and convince him to stay and help keep us up, then he'll be free to leave.

Don't agree with ZZ and Bouazza up front, neither are out and out strikers. One of them with a goalscorer (not that we really have one at the moment), maybe, but not two of them together.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]ZZ is our only premiership quality player, end of.

If the board sanctioned the sale of ZZ, that could be more than the straw that breaks the camel's back.

The old cliche that 'those that do not learn from history are destined to relive it' is most appropriate in this case. What happened after Parker, Murphy/Smertin and Reid left in midseason? 'Nuff said.

ZZ is our best player. He has been injured, but he is also exactly one of the type of players that this club desperately needs in order to surive?

To sell him to get a fee, when he is needed most, would be lunacy in the face of relegation.

The prevailing opinion of making Parky permanent manager after 0 wins in 8 matches, when Derek Chappell said the decision would be made based on "results," has already called the board's credibility into serious question.

Selling your best player, when he is what you need, would almost certainly tip whatever balance is left against the board.
  • Options
    ZZ has to stay. He's on my calendar for January :-(
  • Options
    American Addick,

I understand where you are coming from but I seriously recommend you get used to the idea that ZZ is out of here.

The only thing that might stop a sale is if he just isn’t fit enough, soon enough, and then, perhaps, we might benefit from his availability for the last 10-12 games assuming we aren’t already down.

If we get an offer of 400K or more and he satisfies the buying club as to his fitness then I think he is gone.

The club have already been making noises about the possibility of ZZ leaving and it appears the only thing motivating the Board at the moment is the prevention of too much expenditure.

As to breaking camels’ backs, what can we do? We just have to take our medicine and hope PP keeps us up somehow or other and then a consortium comes along in the summer offering us new hope of success.

I have followed your posts with interest recently and I was actually suggesting a similar approach to yourself, just after Pardew was sacked, regarding the way forward.

It ‘appears’ we might be getting some investment in the squad, as I know you wanted, but it is so disappointing how Murray and Chappell have stopped short of bringing in a fresh management team and, as a consequence, have surely damaged the supporters’ trust in their motivation, transparency and even competence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]ZZ has to stay. He's on my calendar for January :-(
    There's a reason for that.

Because from 31st Jan you won't see him again...
  • Options
    AA: If the board sanctioned the sale of ZZ, that could be more than the straw that breaks the camel's back.

You need to understand that if we can get a decent fee for ZZ now then that money should be taken, the alternative is that he'll leave in July when his contract expires and then he'll go for nothing.

The issue I'll have is whether he goes cheaply/or on-loan to "take his wages off the accounts". If we do get decent money for him, then I'd support his sale. If not I'd rather get four/five months use out of him as that could be the difference between winning a few games and not and that could help us stay in the Championship and would justify not taking cash now.
  • Options
    The Board must be looking at it with 2 choices:

1) To sell him for say £400k, save on wages - and with a lack of quality in the side, get relegated

2) If ZZ stays and plays, and his quality contributes to avoiding relegation - then surely that is worth every penny of his current wages and forfeiting a transfer fee in the summer.
  • Options
    i like point 2
  • Options
    Lets face it, the sodding luck we are having, whatever decision is made will ultimately turn out to be the wrong one.

We'll sell him and then miss him
    or
    He'll stay, get injured again or contribute ziltch.

You know it, i know it, we all know it !
  • Options
    lol, AFKA ....... sums up our season so far. But we are due a change of luck, surely.

I'd rather take the gamble that he stays - and in Roy of the Rovers style, singlehandedly saves us from relegation.
    Or not.

;o)
  • Options
    I'd very much like to him stay, as one of the few quality players we have left.

The way things have been recently though, I can only see one outcome :-(

God, I am depressed today!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]lol, AFKA ....... sums up our season so far. But we are due a change of luck, surely.

I'd rather take the gamble that he stays - and in Roy of the Rovers style, singlehandedly saves us from relegation.
    Or not.

;o)[/quote]

You only get luck when u r playing well, i.e Southampton away last season

I guarentee if Parky stays for the rest of the season, which he will, the same luck we had at Plymouth and against Derby will continue and by March we will be down, FFS it fustrates as we have the a team that is certainly better than Hull's last season, hence we got 4 out of 6 against them last year, but the missing piece of the jigsaw IMO lies with the management team and it f**** me off how we r sticking with Parky for financial reasons when there are managers out there, even in the lower leagues who could and would do a better job than Parky!!!
  • Options
    Luck will change, fortunes won't if we sell our best midfielder. Are we going to be able to replace him with anyone half decent? I very much doubt it. Unfortunately we seem to have jumped into a parallel universe of illogicality where the perverse is the norm and normality is seen as perverse.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]lol, AFKA ....... sums up our season so far. But we are due a change of luck, surely.

Or not.

;o)

You only get luck when u r playing well, i.e Southampton away last season

I guarentee if Parky stays for the rest of the season, which he will, the same luck we had at Plymouth and against Derby will continue and by March we will be down, FFS it fustrates as we have the a team that is certainly better than Hull's last season, hence we got 4 out of 6 against them last year, but the missing piece of the jigsaw IMO lies with the management team and it f**** me off how we r sticking with Parky for financial reasons when there are managers out there, even in the lower leagues who could and would do a better job than Parky!!!

Talking of selling our best midfielder, when we won at Hull last season Andy Reid was playing.