Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Confidence Vote -- for Parky, or for the Board?

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2008
    Edited......Sorry.....Incorrect information.
  • Options
    "don't you think the responsibility and dissapointment must be overwhelming for them....you talk like they don't give a shyte, whereas we ALL know they do."

Al this is true, Soundas. But it's also true that they now want out , isn't it?
  • Options
    The people with the money make the decisions, so yes, it is the board..

I still feel we had no plan b after the takeover fell through..
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]"don't you think the responsibility and dissapointment must be overwhelming for them....you talk like they don't give a shyte, whereas we ALL know they do."

Al this is true, Soundas. But it's also true that they now want out , isn't it?

Nigel that's true....but because they no longer have the kind of money themselves to get us back in The Prem the sums needed to do that are quite beyond their means nowadays...even though they are pretty wealthy individuals the sums needed in this day and age are massive....the odd mill or two they could 'possibly' come up with would go nowhere if the truth be known.
    Hence the burning need to find a buyer......Zabeel let us down VERY badly.
  • Options
    Inspector Sands,

I think I can tell you what American Addick's "agenda" is, simply because I'd have a similar one. He and I both know perfectly well that if the Voice of the Valley had not appeared during our darkest days at Selhurst, there wouldn't have been a Valley Party, and therefore there wouldn't be a Valley right now either. I hope you can at least agree with that statement.

There's no VOTV nowadays partly because the Internet overtook it. We have a lot of different places where Charlton fans "talk". Unfortunately they seem to develop petty tribalisms, which frankly make me despair. Never mind, up to now, it didn't matter too much while the Club was still achieving more than us older ones ever dreamed of. But now, at terrifying speed, our club is disintegrating. As fans we are going to have to work out fast what the underlying reasons are for it, and then whether, (and if so what) we can do anything about it. To do that we are going to have to be as far as possible united. Like we were at Selhurst.

AA normally inhabits the mailing list. A lot of you find it a bit up its own jacksie, and as a fellow inhabitant, I think it's a valid viewpoint. What he's doing is simply to try to raise the same points with a different group of people, and he's interested in their different views. BTW he simply cuts and pastes what he writes on the mailing list, and on that list there are people who will disagree with him too, or ask him where he's coming from, etc, and he answers. And he's got good insights into the club, over many years.

His "agenda" is talking with the rest of us about the huge danger our club is in. He doesn't have the answers, and neither do I. Frankly I find it much more difficult than the idea of 'simply' contesting a local election to get our Valley back. The thing with the Valley Party is that it wasn't about one person leading and everyone following. It was an instinctive thing where loads of apparently ordinary people came together and did extraordinary things, but they did have a rallying point, the VOTV. We may need CL, the mailing list, and all the other bloggers, to play that role in the coming months, because as far as I am concerned this is the biggest crisis for nearly 20 years.
  • Options
    "they no longer have the kind of money themselves to get us back in The Prem ..."

Indeed, sadly so, SoundAs. I was just looking at the transfer speculation in this morning's papers - £15-20m for Defoe, £9m rejected for Stewart Downing,
    £12m for Arteta , £10m for some unknown Senegalese defender at Dynamo Kiev, £18m for Santa Cruz and a £15m combined tag on Bellamy and our old friend Scott Parker. Phew. No credit crunch or recession in the insane world of Premiership finances.

More to the immediate point, though - do the board have the kind of money needed to keep us out of Div One ??? !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]As long as RM holds his 51% stake I think he has one hell of a lot of sway (if you get my drift)...rightly or wrongly.

Richard Murray doesn't have a 51 per cent stake and never has had. I think his shareholding is about 25 per cent, but the new accounts should tell us the actual figure.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]As long as RM holds his 51% stake I think he has one hell of a lot of sway (if you get my drift)...rightly or wrongly.

Richard Murray doesn't have a 51 per cent stake and never has had. I think his shareholding is about 25 per cent, but the new accounts should tell us the actual figure.

Oh I honestly thought he had....I'm sure I heard that somewhere recently...but thanks for pointing that out to me.
    Sorry if I've misled anyone............. I'll go back and edit my post.
  • Options
    Bump...

Does anyone still have confidence in the board?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Show_Me_The_Mouni[/cite]OK so if the board is so carefree with their money, you tell me why first Les Reed was allowed to manage our club (which make no mistake sent us down) and why Phil Parkinson is still in charge now?? In both cases (Reed and Parkinson) we have needed and experienced manager to come in and save us and in both cases we got the cheapest alternative. Bag me all you want, you guys only believe what you want to believe, you wanted Pardew hanged yet won't hear a bad word said about the board?It reminds of those times Chris Powell was costing us goals but no one was allowed to say a bad thing about him true or not. You guys have got blinkers on, time to take them off realise just why and how we got into this mess. We sold Bent for 16 mill, where did that money go? We also got money for dropping out of the EPL (was it 12mill?) what the feck happened to that? we certainly didn't spend 10 mill on players let alone 26 mill.

In 3 years we'll be in the conference and still it will be YOU GUYS making the asses out of yourselves saying the board can't be blamed. Honestly, time to get a clue.[/quote]

There's not a poster on this board that doesn't realise the board have made some horrendous mistakes you numbskull.
    The difference between them and you though is that you want to slag them off for it with statements like being unwilling to put any more money in...they are all to a man fellow Addicks...we've had some great times with them and most of us and they are loyal by nature....it's one of the things that keeps this club hanging on by it's finger nails to a great extent....they are not faceless individuals.
    It's not the case of 'not having a bad word said about them' as you try to insinuate.....they and we know it's mostly their fault we are in this situation...they and we are not fools pal....don't you think the responsibility and dissapointment must be overwhelming for them....you talk like they don't give a shyte, whereas we ALL know they do.
    However there's a 'big' difference between our board members and many other clubs in that they are true fans, true Addicks and 'that's why' they still get our support(though don't confuse that with 'unconditional' support) and not aimless fist shaking and slagging off...after your ridiculous post yesterday you think you'd have enough sense to pipe down.
    For the record ANY Addick can approach just about any of our board members look then straight in the face and tell 'em they've screwed up so why not do that...they'll not avoid you or your opinion or skulk off in the back of a chauffer driven limo or sneak out the side entrance surrounded by security guards...mistakes or no mistakes I'll still treat them as fellow Addicks.
    Thus far you've not come up with 'anything' that they or we don't already know...you're just going over old ground in order to make mischeif for some reason....we need to look forward now (though that's hard as hell I know), not back, and you're comments are intentionaly insulting.
    Lastly your poster name is quite ironic when you think of it...what 'mouni' have YOU put in sunshine?
    What's your remit?[/quote]

Numbskull eh?? That's a bit rich innit? You don't even know me. Rather than stoop down to your level and fling childish names about I'm just gonna say a few things.

1. Just because I don't live on this site doesn't make me any less Charlton than you.

2. Whats the difference between the board and Pardew, people slagged him off for his supposed errors, I really don't see the difference. you can't pick and choose who to criticise just because it suits you.

3. Just because the board would let me go up to their faces and say "you fecked up" and accept makes no fuckin difference to me. They screwed up and now they're screwing us more. If that's acceptable to you then I feel sorry for you because in the end it's your team as well that's gone form top half premierleague to league 1.

But hey, as long as they're real Charlton fans who gives a stuff how much they've screwed us??? LMFAO Gimme a Palace fans that can get us out of the mess over a Charlton fan that conitnues to feck up any day. That's the problem with this board and the fans, too prepared to accept mediocrity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Show_Me_The_Mouni[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Show_Me_The_Mouni[/cite]OK so if the board is so carefree with their money, you tell me why first Les Reed was allowed to manage our club (which make no mistake sent us down) and why Phil Parkinson is still in charge now?? In both cases (Reed and Parkinson) we have needed and experienced manager to come in and save us and in both cases we got the cheapest alternative. Bag me all you want, you guys only believe what you want to believe, you wanted Pardew hanged yet won't hear a bad word said about the board?It reminds of those times Chris Powell was costing us goals but no one was allowed to say a bad thing about him true or not. You guys have got blinkers on, time to take them off realise just why and how we got into this mess. We sold Bent for 16 mill, where did that money go? We also got money for dropping out of the EPL (was it 12mill?) what the feck happened to that? we certainly didn't spend 10 mill on players let alone 26 mill.

In 3 years we'll be in the conference and still it will be YOU GUYS making the asses out of yourselves saying the board can't be blamed. Honestly, time to get a clue.

There's not a poster on this board that doesn't realise the board have made some horrendous mistakes you numbskull.
    The difference between them and you though is that you want to slag them off for it with statements like being unwilling to put any more money in...they are all to a man fellow Addicks...we've had some great times with them and most of us and they are loyal by nature....it's one of the things that keeps this club hanging on by it's finger nails to a great extent....they are not faceless individuals.
    It's not the case of 'not having a bad word said about them' as you try to insinuate.....they and we know it's mostly their fault we are in this situation...they and we are not fools pal....don't you think the responsibility and dissapointment must be overwhelming for them....you talk like they don't give a shyte, whereas we ALL know they do.
    However there's a 'big' difference between our board members and many other clubs in that they are true fans, true Addicks and 'that's why' they still get our support(though don't confuse that with 'unconditional' support) and not aimless fist shaking and slagging off...after your ridiculous post yesterday you think you'd have enough sense to pipe down.
    For the record ANY Addick can approach just about any of our board members look then straight in the face and tell 'em they've screwed up so why not do that...they'll not avoid you or your opinion or skulk off in the back of a chauffer driven limo or sneak out the side entrance surrounded by security guards...mistakes or no mistakes I'll still treat them as fellow Addicks.
    Thus far you've not come up with 'anything' that they or we don't already know...you're just going over old ground in order to make mischeif for some reason....we need to look forward now (though that's hard as hell I know), not back, and you're comments are intentionaly insulting.
    Lastly your poster name is quite ironic when you think of it...what 'mouni' have YOU put in sunshine?
    What's your remit?

Numbskull eh?? That's a bit rich innit? You don't even know me. Rather than stoop down to your level and fling childish names about I'm just gonna say a few things.

1. Just because I don't live on this site doesn't make me any less Charlton than you.

2. Whats the difference between the board and Pardew, people slagged him off for his supposed errors, I really don't see the difference. you can't pick and choose who to criticise just because it suits you.

3. Just because the board would let me go up to their faces and say "you fecked up" and accept makes no fuckin difference to me. They screwed up and now they're screwing us more. If that's acceptable to you then I feel sorry for you because in the end it's your team as well that's gone form top half premierleague to league 1.

But hey, as long as they're real Charlton fans who gives a stuff how much they've screwed us??? LMFAO Gimme a Palace fans that can get us out of the mess over a Charlton fan that conitnues to feck up any day. That's the problem with this board and the fans, too prepared to accept mediocrity.
  • Options
    You aint an Addick ya Wanker!
  • Options
    Wow.....stirring intellect again.....when all else fails, resort to insults. Speaks volumes.
  • Options
    Where did my post go?? what happened to freedom of speech? Soundasatwat is allowed to berate me and call me names yet when I reply in a fair manner my post is deleted?? That's the whole problem with this site, if you disagree with the majority you're silenced. Well down AFKA, sound moderating on your behalf......not.
  • Options
    On the matrix that has been mentioned, I just heard it as the club wanting to operate a budget for the playing side, and the manager has to balance it, so here is x for the squad, and you spend y on a player, and it adds up in the end
  • Options
    I am back to supporting the team and manager as I have no choice however much I disagree with the appointment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]On the matrix that has been mentioned, I just heard it as the club wanting to operate a budget for the playing side, and the manager has to balance it, so here is x for the squad, and you spend y on a player, and it adds up in the end

Quite. I really don't see what the problem is - it's just a way of divvying up the budget.