Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

INQUEST

We are shit. what do we do about it ?

Comments

• Options
    Get rid of Parky, who shoud have gone with Pardew. Get a new man in and just pray we have a honeymoon period.

But I think we are relegated already imo.
  • Options
    Fug knows. Nobody seems to have a clue - and that includes the board, the manager and the tea lady.
  • Options
    I heard the tea lady was cut as a cost cutting measure !
  • Options
    Sack PP. That would be the best first step ever! Then, back a decent manager, scrape home this year, and push on next. We have a great bunch of youngsters, ship all the loans out and blend the youth in with the likes of Hud, Matty and Gray. Add ZZ to that mix and we look half decent. Lets go back to what we do best, have passion rather than primadonas looking at there pay packet.
  • Options
    We will lose a whole lot of the small amount of talent we do have when we get relegated.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]We are shit. what do we do about it ?

Don't know. Most of you know me to be pretty much Glass half full, even going so far as saying on Charlton Live that I wasn't worried only a couple of weeks ago.

So for me to say that we are in deep deep deep doo doo sums up the reality of the situation, that we will be playing League 1 (Old school Third Division) next season unless something positive happens soon.

Being honest, I can't see where that is going to come from.
  • Options
    Not sure there's anything we can do. It's too late. To survive we need to maybe win 10 of the remaining 22 games. That won't happen so we are relegated. I think we all know that really but are praying something amazing happens.
  • Options
    If this board is thinking of selling ZZ as a 'prudent financial decision' they can bugger off....he's the last throw of the dice....I'm not his greatest fan as it so happens but he is the ONLY jewell we have left in the badly tarnished crown who JUST MIGHT turn things around for us.
    I'm gonna be honest and say I think they're already thinking of selling him in the window....god help us if they do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]If this board is thinking of selling ZZ as a 'prudent financial decision' they can bugger off....he's the last throw of the dice....I'm not his greatest fan as it so happens but he is the ONLY jewell we have left in the badly tarnished crown who JUST MIGHT turn things around for us.
    I'm gonna be honest and say I think they're already thinking of selling him in the window....god help us if they do.
    Of course they're already thinking about selling him. What other players, apart from 16 year old JJ, would anybody pay tuppence for?
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited December 2008
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hudson will want out. as will Gray
  • Options
    Ambrose small fee
    Weaver 500 K
    ZZ 1 Mil
    Dicko 500 K

New Manager wil have no more than 1 mil . Its not enough. Who would colme 2 us in this position anyway ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CityAddick[/cite]back a decent manager

With what money.
    [cite]Posted By: CityAddick[/cite]Add ZZ to that mix and we look half decent

Going in Jan
  • Options
    I agree about the loans 1-2 is OK 5-6 + on our books is ridiculous and has been for the whole of 2008.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Dicko 500 K

LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Dicko 500 K

No way would Dicko go for that.

I'd eat more than my hat if we get half a mill.
  • Options
    Will be an undisclosed fee no doubt !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Will be an undisclosed fee no doubt !

Indeed it will - too much room for embarrassment otherwise.There again, if that fee is based on goals scored at his new club we could be in for a lot more than £500K.

But for the fact that our strikers have been so prolific this season (9 goals in open play from 24 matches) Dickson might have been given a chance by now.
  • Options
    Lets face it. Whichever way we turn. Things are a real mess at the Valley from top to bottom at the moment.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    SHG wrote: "Lets face it. Whichever way we turn. Things are a real mess at the Valley from top to bottom at the moment."

Indeed they are, SHG. But why are we so surprised at where we are now? Sorry, but all the warning signs were there last season and were brushed under the carpet.

Here are the stats for the last 12 months:

Final 25 games of 2007-8 season : 6 wins out of 25

First 24 games of 2008-9 season : 4 wins out of 24

In other words, the first half of this season is hardly any worse than the second half of last season. Taken as a 12 month period, it is arguably the worst in Charlton's history - ever.

The former fan's director recently wrote to me :

"You do nothing but complain and whinge. You contribute nothing positive and neither do you attempt to. It is you and people like you that are part of the problem."

That's his opinion. Mine is that it's a cheap shot to blame the fans when we should really be looking at the players, the management and the board, all of whom have let us down. I was supporting and watching Charlton before any of the current players, management and board were around. That's my positive contribution and - given continued good health into my old age - I shall still be watching and supporting after all the current players, management and board are gone.

Charlton til I die - if Charlton doesn't die first.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    THE TABLE DOESN'T LIE
    THE STATS DON'T LIE

That's all I can sum up inside myself at the moment
  • Options
    great post nigel, to many prawn sarnie eaters on here sometimes.
  • Options
    I started to sit here and write a constructive post about the problems, but I am so pissed off with the club that I simply cannot be bothered.

If Richard Murray and the board cannot see that Parkinson is simply Pardew in disguise then there is no hope left. When other clubs sack their manager they also sack the back room staff. They then bring in a NEW MANAGER with new ideas and more often than not things improve. Spurs, Blackburn (today) Sunderland, Newcastle, Watford to name a few. However Richard Murray is diffent. You would have thought that he would habve learnt his lesson with the Dowie/Les Reed fiasco.But oh no in a classic case of Groundhog Day he replaces Pardew with Pardews no 2 and then wonders why nothing changes. Richard Murray must be suffering from dementia. Parkinson was part of the original problem

After 40 years supporting this club through thick and thin I am pretty close to chucking the towel in!
  • Options
    Hope you're all over the euphoria of the point against Derby - surely one of the most clueless teams (apart from us) to have played at the Valley in recent times.

This is a truly dreadful Charlton team and unless someone comes in & sorts this mess out now, we will be down by early March.

Hopefully we get someone in with the gravitas (& balls) to walk in & sort our the egos, the factions and frankly the useless dross that is cluttering up our squad. Then & only then might we have a chance of staying up.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that it's too late.
  • Options
    Completely agree.

I think we are past the point of no return.

We have taken two points from two equally awful teams.

Didn't buy into the post Derby turned the corner hype.

Anyone with an ounce of nous upfront will score against us at the moment, anyone with an organised defence will keep a clean sheet against us and as for our midfield.......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Billericay Dickie[/cite]I started to sit here and write a constructive post about the problems, but I am so pissed off with the club that I simply cannot be bothered.

If Richard Murray and the board cannot see that Parkinson is simply Pardew in disguise then there is no hope left. When other clubs sack their manager they also sack the back room staff. They then bring in a NEW MANAGER with new ideas and more often than not things improve. Spurs, Blackburn (today) Sunderland, Newcastle, Watford to name a few. However Richard Murray is diffent. You would have thought that he would habve learnt his lesson with the Dowie/Les Reed fiasco.But oh no in a classic case of Groundhog Day he replaces Pardew with Pardews no 2 and then wonders why nothing changes. Richard Murray must be suffering from dementia. Parkinson was part of the original problem

After 40 years supporting this club through thick and thin I am pretty close to chucking the towel in!

The board were lucky for 15 years to have Curbs to make the football decisions for them. The last few years have shown they have no clue on the football side and should just stick to the business decisions. The smartest thing to do would be to offer Curbs a million quid to keep us up. If we stay up Curbs should mentor a Kinsella or Chapple and bring the kids into th team.
  • Options
    My God. I have to say I agree with the vast majority of negative sentiment on here at the moment. I amongst many others were calling for Parkinsons head because I too felt that the only broom needed was a new one. 2 points from 18 is a very poor return for a new man. Look at Sunderland since Keane left and look at what happened at Spurs. Big Sam comes in at Blackburn and bang they get a 3 - 0 win. We have not had and are not going to get that new man bounce unless we get a NEW man. Whoever it might be he needs to be in place pretty danm soon. Can we get out of the predicament......Yes we can but only if the board act NOW. Will that happen.....I have no faith that it will. I really do feel that the board are stumbling from one poor decision to the next. What were they thinking by saying Parkinson has the job until january at least ? My bet is that there are very few viable people wanting the job which only 36 months ago would have been so so desirable. Fans waiting for Mr. Curbishley to ride over the hill and save us are imho deluding themselves. Don`t get me wrong I want an experienced man to come in but at the moment I would be far happier with Kinsella, Chappell and Powell in temporary charge than the hapless Phill Parkinson. Could they do any worse.....You work it out. At least they would unite the fans until the new man takes his seat.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It has been mentioned about certain players we could lose if we go down, people like Hudson, Gray etc. To me they were meant to be big players for us in this league and I have to say that I feel totally underwhelmed by both of them, Hudson doesn't seem to do what captains are supposed to do, and Gray despite being top scorer (maybe I'm being unfair here)seems to strike zero fear into the heart of the opposition, obviously we have not too much to replace them with but thus far I don't feel that they have delivered too much.
  • Options
    My gut instinct is that we might all be surprised at who might want the job.....there are a fair few experienced managers out of work at the moment. Believe it our not I still think we are an attractive proposition.

As much as I respect Curbishley, I too think people are deluded if they believe he will come back.
  • Options
    i actually think that Hudson has got away from any abuse that has been aimed at players this yr and i am unsure why, reading Parkinsons quote today sounded like it was his cock up for the goal, i think Primus and Fortune would be a more solid pairing