Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Superstitious things you might of done to cause charltons bad run ...amnesty

edited December 2008 in Not Sports Related
I threw away my Viglen top.....

Comments

• great idea.

i changed turnstile unknowingly
  • Moved from the North upper to the lower west and we still can't get a win.
  • I haven't seen Charlton lose for 3 years - that's nearly 30 games.
    Crisis ..... what crisis?

PS: I'm terrified to go again, in case I break MY lucky run.....(!)

;o)
  • oggy get down to the valley for boxing day , u know it makes sense !
  • I'd be there if I could, but I've got family commitments down here.

I'm sure we can snatch a draw from the jaws of victory without me.
    But if things are still looking desperate in January, I'll be there!
  • Buying our chips after matches rather than before them....
  • Wow our club's going bad, we can't even spell superstitious properly!!
  • After the poor end to last season I binned my lucky clothes. Have tried many combinations this season even wrote down everything I was wearing after we beat Ipswich at home. Didn't work. Stopped going to away games having been to all bar Doncaster so thought it must be me but that hasn't worked either.

The search for new lucky clothes goes on but if I find something that works and tell you i'll have to kill you.
  • Moved to Hull.
  • edited December 2008
    Started changing my socks and pants with greater regularity.

Wait no that's a lie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bought a season ticket for the first time in three years!
    Bought a childs season ticket for the kids to share (I dont think my boy has seen them win)!
  • Keep wearing them dam lucky socks
  • This season, I haven't been able to find the right combination of lucky tea and coffee mugs for Saturday mornings.
  • Joining Charlton Life. :-(
  • drinkin pre-match with u lot
  • I used to have lucky pants, lucky route to the ground, lucky turnstile etc but that's all out the window now. Still have to have a shave on the day of a game though.
  • I have a Charlton Mirror that Mrs Low_Ears won't let me put up in the house. She relented and it has been up in our landing since about the beginning of October. It has now been taken down again and has been put in the cupboard. If we haven't won by the start of 2009 I will gladly take it to the tip.
  • I was driving to the Swansea game and the Blackwall Tunnel was shut so had to go down the A2 and we won. All other matches have gone down the A13 as normal

Missed the Reading game and went by train to the Ipswich win so a couple of games ago I thought id try to break the spell and go over the bridge (even though it takes half hour longer).

Clearly that didnt work, nor did the lucky turnstyle, parking space or pre match pub.

I am done with superstitions.
  • Myself / Medders & Gumbo Have started Driving to pretty much every game this season bar Swansea mmmm I wonder...
  • edited December 2008
    We have been to some away games this and last season, never saw them win. Really wanted to go to Norwich but too scared, we need the points.

Actually thinking about it we only went occassionaly until last relegation season when we bought a season ticket. since then we have been in a terminal decline - SORRY!
  • Sponsored links:

• The worse we've got the more i've gone home and away!? (have'nt missed a game since pardew left) Now even if we had gone on an unbeaten run for this long i wouldn't have gone to that many games........wots that all about?? Maybe i should'nt go to norwich......then again turkey and cranberry pie's and cider at half time!!
  • The away losses are definitely down to my non attendance and having to find out how we're getting on. We always let in a few goals as soon as I tune in for an update, but just can't resist.

I have now decided to wear my old leather coat (not seen for 3 years when we used to win) to Norwich, resorting to pikeyness I'm afraid.
  • I've got this voodoo doll with a Charlton shirt on it.
    Every time Charlton have a game, I start putting pins in it. Been doing it for around 12/13 games now and really seems to be having an effect!!!

;o)
  • Smoking ban. No more popping down for a lucky cigarette.
  • Got married
  • My contribution to our poor run is that I moved back to the UK. Since I moved home we haven't won a single match.

If you all club together I'm willing to move overseas until we win again. I hear that Barbados is nice at this time of year...
  • edited December 2008
    about this time last year i side-stepped a 'lucky heather' seller and stumbled into the path of a black cat chasing a magpie. i accidently volleyed the cat under a ladder, against the door of the local farrier knocking a horseshoe off the door onto a mirror, smashing it.

thought nothing of it at the time.
  • since lovejoy left soccer am weve gone down hill its all his fault....

img_soccer_am.jpg
  • Got married on 4 th Oct so missed the Ipswich game and haven't see us win since I've had a ring on my finger.
  • Not have a charlton Season ticket since Curbs left?