Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Due Amici Restaurant - Chislehurst

124»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Apparently you're not just paying for food, like at your local chinese takeaway.

You get a table, service, pleasant surroundings and ambience - and if you take your missus there, you are on a promise too.

Oggy, the CL lothario. So you've taken his missus there before eh . . . . . .

Shhhhh.......I don't want to get rumbled, mate.

Lothario, huh, I wish ..... getting a bit out of practice this past month or 2 Might have to go on FaceBook see if there are any exes lurking.
  • Options
    Funny you should say that Oggy, how do you think I got your details............

;-)
  • Options
    Just Googled it, went there years ago.........
    The Crown, Tigers & The Bull were my early drinking holes (16-21).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Dizzee lives in Kemnal Road as did Claus Jensen and Luke Varney and nearly Michael Jackson.

Also just remembered one of Girls Aloud lives in Cricket Ground Road
    I
    live in cricket ground road
    [cite]Posted By: Frank Butcher[/cite]Ahhh the Ramblers, one of my favourite local pubs. Is lovely at this time of year out on the hill. Landlord is a top bloke also. Haven't been in the for a while though, does Nick still work in there, the chubby barman?

Its starting to get a bit 'trendy' now though with more and more groups of student types etc.

One of my locals aswel don't use it much because the land lords an idiot
  • Options
    Why?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Funny you should say that Oggy, how do you think I got your details............

;-)

Blimey, MoG .... not your missus as well.

These girls don't normally tell.

;o)
  • Options
    "edited" ?
    Cleaned that one up did you......
    ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]"edited" ?
    Cleaned that one up did you......
    ;-)

lol, no ...... I quoted the wrong post, the one below where you were talking about The Crown, Tigers Head, The Bull and your mis-spent youth. So had to change it round.

So we're clean out of scandal, MoG. Sorry.

;o)
  • Options
    Kish used to be in digs at The Beehive....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Frank Butcher[/cite]Why?
    Just think he is a very rude bloke
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Touch, in-laws taking us for a Christmas meal in Due Amici on the 23rd, get in, back of the net, jurassic park, etc etc
  • Options
    That is a PWOPA TOUCH.

Start: Sardines

Main: Sea Bass

Cheeseboard me up.

Drink: Gavi di Gavi. They have about 4 Gavi's but there is one for about £29 that is to (literally) die for.

Not that I go there much . . . . !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]That is a PWOPA TOUCH.

Cheeseboard me up.

Drink: Gavi di Gavi. They have about 4 Gavi's but there is one for about £29 that is to (literally) die for.

What's Gavi Di Gavi?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]

Cheeseboard me up.

What's Gavi Di Gavi?

An Italian white wine from north-west Italy, if you like dry whites then it's for you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]

Cheeseboard me up.

What's Gavi Di Gavi?

An Italian white wine from north-west Italy, if you like dry whites then it's for you.

Nice, will give it a try if the future father-in-law does not mind shelling out for it. (He can afford it)
  • Options
    It's my fave. As I say try the one just under £30. It's great.
  • Options
    gus poyet in there at the moment, no doubt enjoying his meal after the walk in the park his boys had today
  • Options
    Was in there last night, best rib eye steak I’ve ever eaten.

Was talking to the owner, may have been mentioned before in this thread, his son is Silvio, Benfica, formerly of Atletico Madrid & Wolves
  • Options
    Was in there the other night always excellent service ...my skate was a bit dry this ..yes I know I should have taken the wheels off

Before a refurb they used to have a lot of signed cafc pics and shirts on the walls
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never been in DA but used the Coachhouse several times. Never had a bad meal in there although the prices for those of us not being entertained or on expenses accounts are just a bit on the silly side. Could do with a bit of a refurb too as it’s now very dated. Nice place though.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

Was in there the other night always excellent service ...my skate was a bit dry this ..yes I know I should have taken the wheels off

Before a refurb they used to have a lot of signed cafc pics and shirts on the walls

That’s how I got talking to the owner, asked where they were, he did say he is a Charlton fan as well and we shared our pain.
  • Options
    Haven’t been there in ages. Now living around the corner I’ll give it another go but wasn’t that impressed last few times I went.
  • Options
    Can be a bit hit and miss in there, i've probably eaten in there 50 times, never had an awful meal but gone from fantastic to decidedly average. Love the bengal a few doors up though for a ruby.
  • Options
    Without reading previous posts, I think the connection with The Coach House started with Mark Hulyer. Not sure of the full details.
  • Options
    New Chef in there a while back and has upped it's game again. Still my favourite.