Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Due Amici Restaurant - Chislehurst

DA9DA9
edited December 2008 in Not Sports Related
Italian, was in their Friday night with the future in laws etc, I got this weird feeling that I had seen this place on some sort of local news programme regards Charlton players, manager etc. Anyway, later on, I noticed some team photos and pennants etc on the walls, and I got this feeling of deja vu, does anyone remember this news item and know anything about the connection, I know a lot of the players live locally.

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2008
    Mark Fish used to live in Chislehurst and i can well imagine Di Canio eating there during his time with us.
  • Options
    I hope you didn't foot the bill.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Vezza[/cite]I hope you didn't foot the bill.

No, F-I-L quite wealthy thankfully.

And I can recommend the tuna and haricot bean salad starter, followed by roast sea bass..mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (not very Italian I know)
  • Options
    nice restaurant, i saw robert key (surprise surprise) when i was in there a couple of years ago
  • Options
    my mate had her 40th in there in september. 20 of us.. he footed the bill and Tav and i took full advantage of that fact.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]my mate had her 40th in there in september. 20 of us.. he footed the bill and Tav and i took full advantage of that fact.

Where did you have your 40th?
  • Options
    the owner is a massive charlton fan,he also owns the restaurant at ruxley garden centre,which is where murray and curbs had their meal when curbs told him he wouldn't sign a new contract.What was it like da9.Im told very nice but very very expensive?
  • Options
    Centre Circle suite 10th jan.. send in the champers and lock up all small children. Its going to be ugly.
  • Options
    I would say the coach house is more expensive than due amici.
  • Options
    The Coach House is also miles better the Due Amici's. Often in there with my wife.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]the owner is a massive charlton fan,he also owns the restaurant at ruxley garden centre,which is where murray and curbs had their meal when curbs told him he wouldn't sign a new contract.What was it like da9.Im told very nice but very very expensive?

Funny enough the F-I-L mentioned Ruxley garden centre, said the Ruxley food wasn't as good as the Chislehurst place.

Lovely restaurant, packed to the rafters and service was still great, very friendly, and food fantastic. (Didn't see the bill, but judging by the menu, pricey, but well worth it if you dont go too often I suppose)
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]The Coach House is also miles better the Due Amici's. Often in there with my wife.

You would be ya flash git.
  • Options
    Just booked for 10 re the FA Cup game in Circle Lounge, was thinking of the 10th as a date. God does look after me sometimes !
  • Options
    Was in there the saturday before last.

Excellent food, wine and service and not too costly.

Billy Bonds was on the table next to us.
  • Options
    When i was in there that Tamar Hussein fella was standing outside... who's now on Enders... nuff said.

and steve backley next door in the Bull.

its a regular star spot old chislehurst.
  • Options
    A neighbour of mine Milo...... is the head waiter...nice fella!
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]When i was in there that Tamar Hussein fella was standing outside... who's now on Enders... nuff said.

and steve backley next door in the Bull.

its a regular star spot old chislehurst.

Backley's one of my customers, he's a top bloke.

My cousin had his wedding reception in the back hall of the Bull, bloody expensive pub.
  • Options
    I'm off to the coach house for senior half empty's birthday on Saturday
  • Options
    A great restaurant. Saw Weaver in there last time I went. Ive got the feeling it appeared on some sort of feature on a Match of the Day/End of Season DVD. Possibly a player was interviewed in there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]A great restaurant. Saw Weaver in there last time I went. Ive got the feeling it appeared on some sort of feature on a Match of the Day/End of Season DVD. Possibly a player was interviewed in there.

That sounds about right, might even have been Matty Holland
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]A great restaurant. Saw Weaver in there last time I went. Ive got the feeling it appeared on some sort of feature on a Match of the Day/End of Season DVD. Possibly a player was interviewed in there.
    What was Weaver eating? Pie?
  • Options
    I met Weaver, Gray and Varney in The Rambler's Rest after the Reading game.
  • Options
    I use Due Amici a fair bit. The food is good (over-priced mind, the Sea Bass in there is £18, which is trumpy)

They are good blokes and look after you well. They sponsored my boys rugby team when i asked so I always try to give em recommendations etc.

Take my 2 boys there for dinner as much as I can as they look after kids really well.

Always order 'Gavi di Gavi' vino when your in there ;o)

Coach House is expensive and a bit too crowded for my liking. I once had a bill in there for 4, where the drink was £420 and the food £200. Credit crunch me up. . . . .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I met Weaver, Gray and Varney in The Rambler's Rest after the Reading game.

All our Northern Monkeys there together:

"It's right grand in t'Ramblers Rest, i'n't it, Varns. Tripe & Onions, lad?"

"I don't mind if I do, our Weaves"

" 'Ere our Andy, have you seen m'ferret....?"

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]
    Coach House is expensive and a bit too crowded for my liking. I once had a bill in there for 4, where the drink was £420 and the food £200. Credit crunch me up. . . . .

hope you had a hangover for that.
  • Options
    I had to get a crowbar to dislodge my tongue from my top palette.

Ruined the lobster we had to be honest.

Those were the days. . .

*cries*
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I met Weaver, Gray and Varney in The Rambler's Rest after the Reading game.

;o)

Is that the pub past Old Hill opposite the cricket green?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

;o)

Is that the pub past Old Hill opposite the cricket green?

The one down in the dip almost hidden from the road.They reckon there are more millionaire regulars drink in there than in any other pub in the country.....wouldn't be the least bit surprised.
  • Options
    Yeah your right I used to drink in there!

Was at the Old Coach House last Saturday. Curbs still goes there and a few players used too not sure if they still do, it is CAFC friendly by the Italians.
  • Options
    Mrs Chirps had her 40th Birthday party in the Ballroom at the Bulls Head Hotel on Saturday, wonderful night, CAFC Director present along with a lot of real fans.