Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays 2009

Comments

• Options
    I'm going to Cuba on Monday. :-)
  • Options
    Nowt booked, saving for wedding next summer, might be ale to sneak a free week at family friends villa in Sotogrande in September.
  • Options
    Went to Cuba in Dec, make sure you go to Havana, 2 nights is enough. Club Tropicana is worth it. Yes, the drinks are free, well, a bottle of rum anyway.

When I was there one of the female dancers g strings fell off, not the most unattractive of women either

May go to Egypt this year, or maybe Thailand at Xmas, have to see what the fixtures produce first sad to say
  • Options
    Had a wonderful week just outside Silves in Portugal. Fist time we'd been away as Family T and in the end we were gutted we didn't book a second week.

the baby was wonderful on the plane and the villa was perfect. If any of those with young Children want to go away have a look at babyboltholes.com self catering, but everything you'd ever need in the villa for Tiny T who loved the pool and ate plenty of sand at the beach
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    going amsterdam early August
    Praque for stag do in september
    and Cancun in October
  • Options
    off to Alcudia for a week on the 13th June, then Venice for the weekend in September.
  • Options
    Cape Verde for winter sun = avoid...it's sunny alright but it's blowin a gale....went in Feb and whilst there is nothing wrong with the place you can't escape the gales (which funnily enough they don't mention on the website - all the research I did mentioned them, but I didn't expect them to be quite so bad...)

Back a few weeks ago from cycling across the Pyrenees from Perpignan to Biarritz which was bloody awesome.... We're doing Marseilles to Geneva next year..can't wait.

Nothing else booked - wife working on a contract til mid Sept, when CC Jnr will have started 'proper school', so we can't just nip off for a week like we used to :-(

40th next year and so am also trying to save for a lads trip to Vegas...love that place :-)
  • Options
    I went to Cape Verde a couple of years ago CC, stayed at the Riu really liked the place but your right, you couldn't sit on the beach as if felt like you was in a sand storm!

I'd definitely go back though!

Off to Turkey, Olu Deniz in July!
  • Options
    Turkey in a couple of weeks time, then Kenya in September
  • Options
    UK and Amsterdam in November/December, exact dates TBA when the fixtures come out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Daughter's wedding in August so nowt planned for forseeable future. Why doesn't she just elope or something? Trying to keep a low profile on it all but it's difficult!
  • Options
    Camber Sands for a week in early July

Camping in Dorset for a week in early August
  • Options
    Trying to decide - San Diego, Austin or Denver - baically somewhere a short flight from Calgary. Mind you if the weather stays like it has been today, 27C & sunny may just stay here!
  • Options
    I was out in Rome in April (at the same time as the earthquake, which woke me up at 3:30am) for a long weekend. Off to Tenerfie for a week this tuesday and hoping for a few days in the South of France before I set off for Peru at the end of September.
  • Options
    Going back to dirty Fuerte in September with two of Medways finest as my wingmen.

I love that place
  • Options
    on line from sunny florida as we speak
  • Options
    Solid..................you'll love Peru, was there at the beginning of last year, magnificent!

NSS, it' sunny here in Landan taan..............shame i'm stuck at work though..................boooo!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]on line from sunny florida as we speak

Ditto, and good god is it sunny and hot... mid 90's today
  • Options
    i'm off to tunisia in sept anyone been/got any advice?
  • Options
    Take your passport!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 days in Santa Fe, New Mexico in mid of June followed by 2 nights in Buckhead near Atlanta after.

Anyone been to Santa Fe?
  • Options
    If anyone's planning to drive to Italy (Tuscany) etc, have to say that the motorway tolls and mountain passes cost us £250.00. Add in diesel at higher than UK prices, food and cafe costs nearly double UK, and thus half of our spending money disappeared before we did anything. Parking at £1.70 an hour doesn't exactly help either. It all seems to have gone up markedly this year plus lousy euro exchange rate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]i'm off to tunisia in sept anyone been/got any advice?

1975 on the Charlton post-season tour so a bit too long ago to give you advice !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]i'm off to tunisia in sept anyone been/got any advice?

Take a hat
  • Options
    Went about 8 years ago had a great time, watched Sousse vs Kaislauton (sorry for spelling) bundesliga team cost 3 quid and i sat next to the president of the footie team was one of the most atmospheric games i had ever been too and this was just a friendly,

On my first night trying to find the English pub that is sign posted everywhere in Sousse i got lost and chined a local who tried to rob me, so keep to the popular bits and remember the religion of where you are going and dont disrespect it and IMO you will have a cracking holiday
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]on line from sunny florida as we speak

Ditto, and good god is it sunny and hot... mid 90's today

sad guys sad!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'm going to Cuba on Monday. :-)

No chance of logging in from there mate i tried to slow connection ;-)
  • Options
    Just had a week at Costa Adeje in Tenerife, and now have the post-holiday blues....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Just had a week at Costa Adeje in Tenerife, and now have the post-holiday blues....

Lovely part of Tenerife
  • Options
    Barbados - 4 weeks today.