Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays 2009

edited December 2008 in Not Sports Related
It wont be long before all the holiday adverts start but with the economic downturn has anybody booked their holiday 09?

As a starter for 2009 I'm off to Oz for all of February 09 and a long weekend in Rome at the beginning of April.

Comments

• Options
    I'm taking redundancy in the spring and am going to blow some of the cash on wandering around its of Europe I like and bits of Europe I haven't seen before. The pound's collapse against the euro is making me pause for thought a little bit!
  • Options
    Nothing booked yet. Thought about booking early in the hope of getting a bargain, but then again don't want to risk booking with a firm that might go bust, so may hang on for a while yet.
  • Options
    Booked the states again end of may before the credit crunch,in hindsight i probably wouldn't take a holiday now if it wasn't booked.
  • Options
    Carlisle or Hartlepool in august maybe. Not sure if to book anything yet.
  • Options
    Going Stockholm in Feb just for the weekend, oh and vip at the AC DC gig there
  • Options
    Third child due at the end of May, so window seal bay this year with the family, and i am sure we are going to have a truely great 2009 (The family that is not the club)
  • Options
    Entered into a classic car rally/show in Laon France for a couple of days in May.

Mates Stag night in Prague in August but no main holiday booked yet. Missus has just given birth so probably nothing too spectacular.
  • Options
    I recommend sleep mate its great
  • Options
    Edinburgh for new years and then whole of S E Asia in about may/june for 3/4 months
  • Options
    my dad's taking whole family (16 of us) to Lanzarote in Feb.

Aside from that nothing but I have some work trips to Milan, Madrid, Budapest, Prague and maybe India & new York too

Planing to move house in 2009 too so will take a week or 2 to redecorate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Monument Valley is still a dream (Mrs.M not a western fan) but one day.....so probably Jockland and the distillery tours again (she does like malts, fortunately).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Booked the states again end of may before the credit crunch,in hindsight i probably wouldn't take a holiday now if it wasn't booked.

I hope you dont mean Orlando Steve.... we're going at the end of May....

I bet you moan about the heat, dont you!
  • Options
    Egypt or Turkey in May
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Will do brief England trips to Spain (if it ever gets arranged), maybe Kazakhstan (hoping to give it a swerve as a grand is a bit much!) but definitely Amsterdam and the Ukraine...

Other than that possibly a few days in Ibiza around May seeing as it's pretty local and getting in before it's £15 a soft drink and then will have some summer sun i hope!
  • Options
    Tenerife next month can't wait!!
  • Options
    Bournmouth in July..cricket tour
  • Options
    going to turkey in august - dunno where she's booked it all
  • Options
    Nothing planned yet, but a couple of my friends are moving to the Netherlands in the spring, so I'll probably go to visit them at some point. Need to renew my passport first though.
  • Options
    With the £ so weak against the € I doubt we'll do our early AND late Euro hols. Looking to do one here http://www.grove-cottages.co.uk/cottages.lasso and one away unless the exchange rate does a bit U-turn.
  • Options
    Depends on what the £ against the € rate is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Coach trip in February to see the last two dates on The Stranglers european tour-Fly Straight With Perfection!
  • Options
    Thought about going to Valley of Dreams but it's disappeared off the map. Having recently returned from 2 months in Canyons, deserts and Monument Valley I think we'll head back to the US of A. We woz happy!
  • Options
    nope and not going
  • Options
    Bloody exchange rates are crap at the moment but am aiming for Helsinki,Hiroshima & Barcelona.
  • Options
    Turkey Turkey Turkey. Too hot for me but school half terms summer holidays easter all to Turkey.
  • Options
    San diago and vegas in summer, started savin already, got friends out there thou so only flights and spending money needed
  • Options
    Nothing booked but hoping to do:

A Canary Island in Feb/March
    Jamaica or Cuba in June
    Vegas as is customary in November.

We'll see how work goes and the hoiday with the missus might have to be scrapped to fund Vegas.
  • Options
    A week in Kennington at aplace called The Oval;
    Might watch abit of cricket while I'm there.
  • Options
    Cottage in Peak District for 6 days over new year and thats all for the moment!!

Hope to do a week in Hong kong some time to reiminisce but all depends on what happens with buying a new place. Id rather have a lovely new home then a holiday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    We'll see how work goes and the hoiday with the missus might have to be scrapped to fund Vegas.

Ha ha brilliant!