Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

As things stand, can you see us surviving?

2»

Comments

• Options
    well look at how he did with leeds? or maybe we could bring in Paul Ince?

These in my opinion are the only options we could afford...
  • Options
    Dazzler...there are dozens of names out there...we've evidently had 40+ applications...though Golfie and Fishnets are two of those.
  • Options
    current form says no. We have five wins from the last 45 games, relegation form by any stretch of the imagination. As with Les Reed Parky is not the right appointment, imo.
  • Options
    Can we have words of encouragment and optermism from our glourist owner in Tuesday nights match days program on our how we are now inspiring to be the next Bradford City.
  • Options
    Soundasa£ i might send one in too! lol ;o)
  • Options
    I still think we will finish mid-table.

The only slight problem of course is that we haven't finished a season strongly for more than a decade, and we usually pick up only a handful of points after Easter.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]No, we are doomed simple.

I don't want to hear from Oggy or Black Forest or Suzi or Henry or anybody else who has their head stuck in the sand - we are going to get relegated unless we do something drastic.

I'm sure you don't, mate - but if you want to give up now, go ahead. Go slit your wrists or just enjoy your misery.

But for some of us, we've been here before. Experience has taught us that all is lost - but only when you give up.

Go and have a beer. Another chance on Tuesday.

;o)
  • Options
    No.

However, we are still close to those teams around us and it only needs a run to get things going. So until there's hope and it's mathematically impossible we can't give up, although I'm ever the pessimist.
  • Options
    New man needed with new ideas, someone who isn't scared of changing things and getting rid of the deadwood currently drifting around the team. Also central defenders who can challege for the ball- dosen't matter if they are a couple of bruisers, as long as they try to win the ball first and get it up field to our forwards- mind you we also need strikers who can put it in the net on occasion- or am I asking for too much?
  • Options
    Im just sick to death of being sick of it............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    no.............and am fearing for the club
  • Options
    Blimey, were not even half way through the season yet, and the suicide squad are about. We all know things are awful at the minute, but theres a long way to go yet. so what are you going to do? Stop going to our games,start supporting another team ? We all accepted the good times we had, now accept they are over and the bad times are here. we've had them before and we'll have them again. Of course its dissapointing, but we'll just have to get on with it. For the record, we've had seasons before where we've hardly won a game before Christmas, and then hardly lost a game after. Keep your chins up, a couple of results can change everything. Try to be a bit realistic, theres a lot worse things that can happen in your life.
  • Options
    Being realisitic is acvknowledging the fact that we are in serious trouble and are in danger of our club dropping again - Yeah life goes on but surely people are allowed to voice their concerns and opinions?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BexleyRed[/cite]Blimey, were not even half way through the season yet, and the suicide squad are about. We all know things are awful at the minute, but theres a long way to go yet. so what are you going to do? Stop going to our games,start supporting another team ? We all accepted the good times we had, now accept they are over and the bad times are here. we've had them before and we'll have them again. Of course its dissapointing, but we'll just have to get on with it. For the record, we've had seasons before where we've hardly won a game before Christmas, and then hardly lost a game after. Keep your chins up, a couple of results can change everything. Try to be a bit realistic, theres a lot worse things that can happen in your life.[/quote]

sorry but we had all this last season when the slide started,long way to go crap but the slide hasn't stopped.When are you goin to face up to the facts ?
  • Options
    Quite right BR but things will settle down, it's only been a few hours since the result and people are feeling frustrated. Also it's another ruined weekend which we can do nothing about except bash out those frustrations on the keyboard. Personally I think 36 points from 25 games is too much for the present team but this household for one is trying to remain positive and hoping that Tuesday is a turning point: if they don't get at least 4 points in the next week the outlook will be extremely bleak.
  • Options
    Im well aware of the state we're in mate, and i'm suffering as much as every one else. But saying we're as good as relegated this early in the season is just depressing everyone even more. Of course big changes need to be made, but whether the club can afford to make them only they know. For me its too early to throw in the towel, ive been here too many times before.
  • Options
    This is all down to a lack of confidence. For us to stage a recovery, we need somebody taking charge who can help to build confidence. Sadly, decent guy though he undoubtably is, I don't think Parky is the one to do it. I hope he proves me wrong.

I remember when Lennie was appointed, nobody thought he was anything but a desperate stop gap when the club was in the deep doo doo's and he proved to be one of our greatest managers ever.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BexleyRed[/cite]Im well aware of the state we're in mate, and i'm suffering as much as every one else. But saying we're as good as relegated this early in the season is just depressing everyone even more. Of course big changes need to be made, but whether the club can afford to make them only they know. For me its too early to throw in the towel, ive been here too many times before.[/quote]

when in the last 24 years have we been in a worse position ( i am talkin on the pitch here)
  • Options
    We are going down......

we have a team devoid of confidence and leadership...

we have sold all players that have ANY monetary value and any ability

We are relying on a truck load of loan signings who couldnt give a monkeys where we finish up

The supporters will be roundly booing the team at home every time we concede a corner

we are heavily in debt and desperate to sell

bye bye....

fucking depessing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]We are going down......

we have a team devoid of confidence and leadership...

we have sold all players that have ANY monetary value and any ability

We are relying on a truck load of loan signings who couldnt give a monkeys where we finish up

The supporters will be roundly booing the team at home every time we concede a corner

we are heavily in debt and desperate to sell

bye bye....

fucking depessing

Bye then Mascot, glad to see you go.

I'll carry on supporting my club even if you have given up. We're shit but they are still my club.

In fact I'm pleased you have packed it in as I won't have to listen to your negativity any more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leave it out mate.....

sorry if I was in abit of a dark one earlier on.....
  • Options
    Just got back from Blackpool.

With the current setup, NO we wont survive and rightly so. Yesterday was pathetic, Blackpool outclassed us in every department and deserved the win. Parkinson offers nothing over Pardew, you can tell they have been side by side for the last 2 years because its just basically the same. We got players turning on traveling fans, players who simply don't want to be involved - notably so the loan players (I remember somebody here trying to have a pop at me for questioning the Deon Burton signing!), and the rest are so low on confidence that we are just not getting anywhere and don't have the management setup to motivate them and pull them out. Im not going to hark on about our current problems because it will turn into a rant.

The only way out is for the board to take a massive risk and replace the whole management and coaching setup by Christmas. I don't even know if it is financially possible but the board need to look at what we would lose if we got relegated again and if its worth the risk. Get rid of some of the dead wood we have on loan and start fielding a team that we at least own and start building the confidence between a solid squad that know that they will playing with each other come January. The message it must give to players like Dickson / McLeod / Fleetwood when you are bringing in players like Waghorn / Burton on loan and then fielding them straight away without giving the rest a proper chance must be destroying. Bringing them on as sub for 20 mins doesn't cut it as a striker needs to play consistently to build confidence.

I've missed out loads of points that have been rattling round my head but I cant be bothered to think anymore.
  • Options
    how dare say them things you only went and that is far to negative for this board,we only want positive head in the sand posts please.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]how dare say them things you only went and that is far to negative for this board,we only want positive head in the sand posts please.[/quote]

I sense the sarcasm but couldnt give a **** even if you are being serious.

Some people should try and stay positive when you follow that team home and away and you have your own players sticking their fingers up at you. **** them.
  • Options
    Frank it was exactly tongue in cheek,the players as well as the management are to blame,they don't have a connection of where the club have come from apart from fortune and sam none have come through the ranks.Unfortunately that is another drawback of the prem,we couldn't/didn't bring kids through after Parker and konch and now we are left with players who dont give a shite.
  • Options
    I thought so steve, sorry to bite your head off, very tired and frustrated! Agree with your point.
  • Options
    The way I see it is this- we have a team that showed a renewed sense of commitment last week against Southampton but are still crucially short on confidence and ability. And it's all too easy to say 'clear out the dead wood' but do we have the necessary capital to purchase any permanent replacements?

It's fairly straightforward to answer the question though- on the merits of our current atrocious form, and the fact we're propping up the table, then yes we would be down if this was April or May. However, a lot may happen over the winter transfer window and a newly appointed manager may- just-do the trick.

But the farcical number of loan signings and lack of stability in the team leaves me to think otherwise. And whether we appoint Parkinson, Louis Van Gaal, Allardyce, or even Coco the fucking clown, the new manager will only be able to have the team to perform at his disposal with all their limitations- especially if we only have fishbones to part with during the transfer window ad won't be able to bring in any decent players of his choice.