Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

As things stand, can you see us surviving?

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
Defenders who can't defend.

Strikers who can't score.

Midfielders who can't grab hold of a game.

No money to buy anyone.

Having loan players coming and going every other week.

And we also haven't won in 2 months.

:-(

Comments

• Options
    We will survive.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]We will survive.
    Weetabix?
  • Options
    after today I just can't see it
  • Options
    Seeing as we are currently bottom no!
  • Options
    New manager and quick. The longer PP is in control the harder it will be. Sorry, PP was AP No2 and they both took us to the bottom, getting rid of one of them does not change things, bringing in a new man changes things. I for one want Big Sam and would break the bank to get him, it will pay off in the long run.
  • Options
    no, but i'm looking forward to some new away days.
  • Options
    The only way is up!
  • Options
    No, we are doomed simple.

I don't want to hear from Oggy or Black Forest or Suzi or Henry or anybody else who has their head stuck in the sand - we are going to get relegated unless we do something drastic.

A new manager from outside the current set up and spending some serious money in January - I don't want to hear we don't have any money - because if we do go down, we'll then know what it's like to have NO money ....
  • Options
    I do not think we have to spend that much, someone that can draw some fight out of this lot is the key, oh and some goals
  • Options
    Varney scored today. That's four this season now - 3 more than Burton .....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder how much worse things can get. :(
  • Options
    4? thought he had 3 now?

can we still retract the sale?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Varney scored today. That's four this season now - 3 more than Burton .....
    Yeah he was banging them in for us, scoring every chance he got, his confidence was sky high and should have been picked by Capello for the England team.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]No, we are doomed simple.

I don't want to hear from Oggy or Black Forest or Suzi or Henry or anybody else who has their head stuck in the sand - we are going to get relegated unless we do something drastic.

A new manager from outside the current set up and spending some serious money in January - I don't want to hear we don't have any money - because if we do go down, we'll then know what it's like to have NO money ....[/quote]

Parky has been given the job on a caretaker basis, as much as anything I suspect because the board wanted some breathing space while weighing up their options and perhaps do a bit of headhunting. If Parky isn't retained then I think we all agree that we need to get the right person in who can a) get us out the relegation mire and b) develop the club ahead of next season. On the other hand Parky might have got a couple of results and been a cheap replacement, if only a stop-gap until the summer.

Doing something drastic isn't always the wisest option, there is plenty of football left to be played this year.
  • Options
    target 10,000 for league 1.
    number 3 in south london.
  • Options
    We're all hurting after that today, but it can still be done.
  • Options
    Absolutely no chance of staying up. We could mathematically stay up of course but in reality we have absolutely no chance of surviving. Just look how shit we are.
  • Options
    the season is far from over!

theres an unlikely 75 points to be gained ;o)
  • Options
    In a word...YES,
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]I don't want to hear from Oggy or Black Forest or Suzi or Henry or anybody else who has their head stuck in the sand
    And maybe they don't want to hear from the likes of you contsantly doom-mongering.

Luckily for all of us we are all allowed our opinions on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is a world of opinions!
  • Options
    pity that for 5 seasons the teams that have worn the shirt havnt shown the passion of the people on here
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Screamer[/cite]Absolutely no chance of staying up. We could mathematically stay up of course but in reality we have absolutely no chance of surviving. Just look how shit we are.

Screamer....do you think the coaching staff and Parkinson should say that at Sparrows Lane on Monday morning...of course not...you're never down until the moment that you are.
    If we all thought that way we might just as well give up right now.....and we simply can't do that, as grim as it looks right now.
  • Options
    No of course not and they will continue to fight until the end. I'm not doubting that. But we'll still lose all the time and get relegated. It's a game of opinions and is silly to say I'm wrong until the end of the season. We can analyse it then and see if I was right.
  • Options
    you are statistically wrong at this time as there are an unlikely yet potential 75 points to go!
  • Options
    If we are going to go on about new managers how about Dennis Wise?
  • Options
    We will still make the playoffs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]If we are going to go on about new managers how about Dennis Wise?

Egh??
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]If we are going to go on about new managers how about Dennis Wise?[/quote]

Things aren't that bad are they?
  • Options
    I hope the majority are wrong and we do stay up but I just can't see it at the moment. The bare facts are we are just 3 points behind Norwich and Watford so its not lost....its just the performances give me no confidence. We have an average team at best which arn't performing anywhere near an acceptable standard and as long as that continues we are going nowhere but down.