Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Martin Pringle

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Chalander?

Dave Challinor, I think.
  • Options
    Liked the man, always gave 100% and a nice bloke to boot. Good on yer Ulf!
  • Options
    33 posts and not one mention of his last minute equaliser to make it 2-2 in his debut at home against Newcastle. Remember that well as I was in the old home block in the Jimmy Seed.
  • Options
    You can say what you like about him, but he did a brilliant half time lottery draw. Best that we ever had on the drum IMO
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Always remember it as Brighty who scored the two goals. Remember Parker coming on and transforming our blunted possession with some nice angled balls. I do remember him racing away at Derby and scoring emphatically. That was the best moment my befuddled memory recalls.

Call him a girl, but he was a Swedish SAS ninja who lived off the land with a penknife.

Frustrating but good fun to watch. Unlike most Souness favourites he at least tried hard. Not an Amdy Faye misfit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Always remember it as Brighty who scored the two goals.
    Didn't he have a second disallowed? That's probably why.
  • Options
    Apparently Andy Hunt said he was the striker he most preferred to play with.

Great goal celebration when he got that header at home to Chelsea.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Always remember it as Brighty who scored the two goals.

He did and the second was a mile over the line, pretty much in the front row of the Jimmy Seed stand

Pringle's equaliser against Newcastle is the second maddest I've ever celebrated a goal
  • Options
    Same here dabs, got the game on vhs always watch it when down in the dumps. After brights disallowed goal:

Martin tyler: stuart back to youds, how cruel life can be when your at the bottom of the league, youds to parker.... PRINGLE!!!!!!! Its 2 2!!!!!!!

Had sat next to a big bald guy and his mates for 2 seasons and hardly spoke but we all hugged and screamed, was like winning the league hadn't we lost 12 in a row?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

He did and the second was a mile over the line, pretty much in the front row of the Jimmy Seed stand

Pringle's equaliser against Newcastle is the second maddest I've ever celebrated a goal

Likewise. Think the maddest was Rommedahl at Palace. Felt quite faint by the time I'd finished going ballistic!

[cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Martin tyler: stuart back to youds, how cruel life can be when your at the bottom of the league, youds to parker.... PRINGLE!!!!!!! Its 2 2!!!!!!!

Can I add to the end of that "Justice is done at The Valley!"?! Still got that on video somewhere and I think I've got Mark Mansfield's commentary from Charlton Live taped as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Charlton Till I Cry[/cite]Yessssssssssssssssssss, i knew he'd come good.[/quote]

Funny that one of his strikers and wingers said that too :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]was like winning the league hadn't we lost 12 in a row?

Yep, that was the game that finally ended that run. Pringle was essentially rubbish, but a real trier and man could he move - he was like a thoroughbred racehorse when he was in full flight and he did make a few important contributions during that season. I shall nevre forget his miss from about a yard at Wallsall the following season.
  • Options
    Two old blokes behind me would keep a chant of "ONCE HE POPS YOU CAN'T STOP PRINGLE", for 5 minutes a game. It wasn't generally adopted.
  • Options
    I always rated him myself and imagine he was a right handful for most central defenders to play against. Never going to be a top striker but what did people expect for crivens sakes?
  • Options
    Bright came on and with his first touch, from a corner, headed in only for it to be dissallowed - leter to be proved wrongly. I recall Pringles goal as being one of those rangy runs where he had no control of the ball but it stuck to his foot, before he smashed it in. Love those last minute goals for us
  • Options
    Just got the assistant manager's job at Copenhagen

FC Copenhagen have agreed to bring the former Swedish international Martin Pringle to the club. Pringle, who joins the club's coaching staff as an assistant to Roland Nilsson, has previously worked with Nilsson and is a qualified top class coach.
    As an active player Martin Pringle, an outright forward player, represented Portuguese side SL Benfica and English outfit Charlton Athletic, among other teams. As a coach he has built up a wealth of experience in the Swedish league, with GAIS, Örgryte and Västra Frölunda.
    FCK Sporting Director Carsten V. Jensen had this to say on the arrival of the new staff member:
    - We have had in recent years a structure in the coaching staff consisting of two assistants and a head coach. This structure we want to maintain, and with the acquisition of Martin Pringle, our coaching staff is complete. I'm sure that Martin will be a great asset for FC Copenhagen.
    Martin joined in his first training session this morning at Number 10.
  • Options
    ^ fair play to him
  • Options

He's on Eggheads every night at 6pm.

• Options
    He's training Cameron as well?
  • Options
    Always liked Pringle. Not exactly a prolific goalscorer, but I thought he linked up well with Andy Hunt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of the best worst misses i have ever witnessed at The Bescot Stadium some years ago.....
    Forgive him... FORGIVE HIM!!!!
  • Options
    Newcastle away, just after they'd knocked us out of the cup, didn't he set up Hunt's goal while Hunt set up his goal?
  • Options
    Martin Pringle had his limitations but to say he was pony is just ridiculous.
  • Options
    He's a hot topic on the next manager thread so here's his own one. 
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    Newcastle away, just after they'd knocked us out of the cup, didn't he set up Hunt's goal while Hunt set up his goal?
    Bolton. (Even though I've clocked this is from 12 years ago I still felt the need to correct it.)
  • Options
    Norwich away when Hunt scored a hat-trick, he was phenomenal.  Missed a few easy chances but his running with the ball terrified The Canaries.
  • Options
    Coventry away in the FA Cup. Jumped out of the way of, I think, Robinsons shot. Should have got an assist for the most positive getting out of the way.
  • Options
    I loved him , he always looked a bit clumsy and he was capable of missing from a few yards out !! but overall he was a very good player, skilful and brave 
    Remember his goal against Chelsea at The Valley when we beat them 
    Ive hated Dave Challinor ever since !!! 
  • Options
    A very underrated player. I agree with @alburyaddick at times his finishing could be erratic but his pace, ability to stretch the opposition & his work rate made him a very good player for us. Developed a very good partnership with Andy Hunt from December 99 when Clive Mendonca got injured in the promotion winning season 99/00.

Another player we lost due to injury around that when in the prime of there career (Rufus,Hunt,Rowett)
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Away to Walsall our greatest ever open goal miss. A 60 yard run to get on the end of a tap in, and scuffed!!.