Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn at Home in FA Youth Cup (Charlton win 2-1 AET)

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
The tie with Blackburn Rovers has to be played by Saturday, December 13th and the official website will notify fans as soon as a date is confirmed.

Full draw:

Swansea City v Manchester City

Brentford or Thurrock v Middlesbrough

Manchester United v Chelsea

Cardiff City v Blackpool

Swindon Town or Exeter City v Crystal Palace

Reading v Preston North End

Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield United

Portsmouth v Cheltenham Town or Gillingham

Wycombe Wanderers or Leyton Orient v Watford

Barnsley v Walsall or Hednesford Town or Rochdale

Norwich City v Wigan Athletic

Sunderland v Yeovil Town or Cirencester Town

Oadby Town or Leeds United v Liverpool

Accrington Stanley or Carlisle United v Stockport County or Crewe Alexandra

Sheffield Wednesday v Millwall or Dagenham & Redbridge

Coventry City v Stoke City

Ipswich Town v Shrewsbury Town or Bradford City

Bolton Wanderers v Doncaster Rovers

Burnley v West Bromwich Albion

Cambridge United or Northampton Town v Solihull Moors or Tranmere Rovers

Aston Villa v Arsenal

Southampton v Derby County

Barnet or Havant & Waterlooville v AFC Bournemouth or Bristol Rovers or Brighton & Hove Albion

Plymouth Argyle v Fulham

Newcastle United v Oldham Athletic or Rotherham United

Lewes or Croydon Athletic v Hull City

Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City

Everton v Nantwich Town or Macclesfield Town

Birmingham City v Lincoln City or Mansfield Town

Leicester City or Milton Keynes Dons v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Charlton Athletic v Blackburn Rovers

Nottingham Forest v West Ham United

Comments

• Options
    Where do they play the final?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Where do they play the final?

The Valley and the home ground of the other team over two legs
  • Options
    I'm going to this tomorrow night. Anyone else?
  • Options
    Tonight (Tuesday) ?
    What time ?
  • Options
    7pm k/o i think
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]7pm k/o i think

You think??????????? I thought you worked there!!!!
  • Options
    OS says 7pm
  • Options
    You BELIEVE the OS postie ?
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    1-1 half time, updates on Blackburns site

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/AcademyNews/0,,10303~1474739,00.html

Sam Long scored for us.

Jonjo nearly lobbed their keeper from the centre circle in the 6th minute.
  • Options
    Any news?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2008
    that rovers site says shelvey scored aswell.

so 2-1 extra time half time.
  • Options
    phew some good news at last :)
  • Options
    palace youth won 5-1 against swindon.

west ham lost 3-1 to nott forest.

spurs beat sheff utd 3-0.
  • Options
    We won 2-1!!!!
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited December 2008
    Good for the boys.
  • Options
    Some good news at last!
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Very enjoyable evening, though it was bloody cold and could have done without the extra time.

Very even game that it was probably about right we shaded. Good honest team endeavour, though there weren't many individuals you would say on both sides shone. The Charlton side consisted of the bulk who had the impressive cup run and performances last season, and if i am honest i probably expected a bit more from some of them, though its hard to compare as you can't measure the strength of the opposition and the impact that has if you don't follow this level of football extensively. The short, incisive passing and movement that were a real feature last season seems to have become a little more direct on this showing.

The keeper Christie suffers from a lack of height, but put in a very assured performance. Centre half Carl Jenkinson impressed me, particularly as i suspect he may have been playing out of position. Left back Jack Clark slipped for their goal, but other than that had a solid game.

Though Jonjo scored the winner, he certainly did not look the player we have previously seen. Whether his confidence or enjoyment is down at the moment, or he feels he is above this level i don't know. But i hope its only a temporary phase as you can see the talent is there. I feel safe in the knowledge that Gianfranco Zola and the heap of other managers and scouts there won't be offering him millions in the next couple of months.

The two lads up front Godfrey and Tuna certainly have industry and work rate, but i feel are lacking quality on the ball to push on from this level. Lorenzo-Calderon is a little livewire on the wing, but is serious small in frame and will suffer because of that.

In summary, a good committed team performance but slightly down on the quality of football produced 12 months ago.
  • Options
    Notice Gritty was in charge tonight.

Has Damian Matthew been moved up to the reserves ?
  • Options
    Yeah he has.
    With reserve manager Mark Kinsella stepping up to assist caretaker boss Phil Parkinson with first-team matters, Damian Matthew will cover the second-string void in the interim period.

That leaves Gritt to don the tracksuit for the start of the club's latest quest for domestic silverware.
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=33342&newstype=y
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yep was absolutely feckin freezing feel like i have ice cubes on my toes.Sat with NLA and Uncle and we had a right old laugh with the Blackburn bench.Took the the piss out of their physio who had a Richard Ashcroft haircut,and spent second half singin The Drugs Dont Work to him.Zola was in the Director's box,as was Paul Simpson and our very own SuziSausage.
  • Options
    took the piss out of the blackburn mgmt team for most of the 2nd half especially with their mgr screaming this way to his 2 subs (they had sat there for 60 mins so they knew what way they were kicking) The lino and his bum crack smelling finger just about got us through with laughter so that we didnt freeze.

Like AFKA said we didnt have the free flowing passing footie that was there last year we were a bit too direct for my liking but heres to another home fixture hopefully and they can put it behind them good game good giggle good company

and cheers Jon Jo for signing NLJR's shirt

cheers Uncle
  • Options
    my feet are still cold this morning !

bit of a disappointing turn out last night i thought, between 200-300. Once you had stripped out family + friends, scouts and the usual crackpots, there couldn't have been more than 50 others there which is a shame.
  • Options
    Bart....aren't 'you' one of the usual crackpots??

PS...I know I am before you say anything!
  • Options
    wouldn't read too much into the scouts and Zola being there. No doubt he will be at another game tonight or next week.

Sounds like we might have missed Yussef (on loan at Northwich) and well as Wagstaff (too old).

Mambo seems to be a prospect as well but we do seem to have a lot of small players.

As a prem team I'd expect Rovers to offer more than Swindon and Sheff Utd did last year so still an encouraging result.

Will try to get to the next one if at home.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Bart....aren't 'you' one of the usual crackpots??

By crackpots, i'm talking those that boo when a goal is conceded, and sing things like 'you're not fit to referee' at a youth team game, like the one i had behind me last night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Bart....aren't 'you' one of the usual crackpots??

By crackpots, i'm talking those that boo when a goal is conceded, and sing things like 'you're not fit to referee' at a youth team game, like the one i had behind me last night.

No?

surely in jest or a child?
  • Options
    Maybe he was just trying to stay warm!
  • Options
    No, i'm serious.

We have a fair helping of followers who, being polite, are not the full ticket.
  • Options
    Home Away
    + 1 02 Dec 2008 Swansea City FC 0 - 3 Manchester City FC
    + 5 02 Dec 2008 Swindon Town FC 1 - 5 Crystal Palace FC
    + 7 02 Dec 2008 Tottenham Hotspur FC 3 - 0 Sheffield United FC
    + 13 02 Dec 2008 Leeds United AFC 1 - 2 Liverpool FC
    + 17 02 Dec 2008 Ipswich Town FC 1 - 0 Shrewsbury Town FC
    + 24 02 Dec 2008 Plymouth Argyle FC 2 - 1 Fulham FC
    + 31 02 Dec 2008 Charlton Athletic FC 2 - 1 Blackburn Rovers FC
    + 32 02 Dec 2008 Nottingham Forest FC 3 - 1 West Ham United FC
    + 2 01 Dec 2008 Brentford FC 1 - 2 Middlesbrough FC
    + 18 28 Nov 2008 Bolton Wanderers FC 2 - 0 Doncaster Rovers FC
    + 3 27 Nov 2008 Manchester United FC 2 - 3 Chelsea FC

Results so far. Lot more games tonight.

Man Utd out.

A youth team is going to win it so why not us : - )