Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++++++++++Takeover off - confirmed+++++++++(Zabeel, old thread)

Comments

• hey i said that at the time it was announced, well roughly..

:D
  • [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Christ you lot are a right miserable lot!

I'm just glad it's done & dusted..................takeover...............did anyone really think it would happen?

I'm usually Mrs Optimistic, but I didn't think it would happen for one minute & their excuse/statement is laughable.

Can we get back to the football now?

Can I get back to hating & loathing the moaners & booers?

Can I get back to loving my football team safe in the knowledge it's still our's?

Shite football won't drag me down, poncy footballers won't drag me down, Pardoo won't drag me down..................sure as hell some Johnny Foriegners won't either!

If I can still support my beloved club whilst at Shitehurst................I can sure as hell survive this!

Live, Love, Laugh & be happy

:-D

Sis, you're an absolute star!!

However, memo to self;

List of people to dislike intensley whilst supporting Charlton through thick and thin, has just grown by one!
  • could be a blessing in disguise.

Now Pardew, the team & the fans have to knuckle down and sort this mess out. No money-bags savioue to help bail us out and Pardew now has to earn his corn.

Remember - this is Charlton. We always do it the hard way and no-one ever gives us anything.

1984 - 5 minutes from going bust
    1985 - leave the Valley & shrea the the nigels
    1991 - share with the spammers

1992 - home again.

WE ARE CHARLTON
  • will you be binning that scarf now then ;-)
  • just wish we never knew if was taking place thats the worse part.
  • lets just get on with gutted yes but now the players ,fans and everyone connected with our club av got to pull together ,come on you reds .
  • *looks up from paper*

*rolls eyes*

*back to paper*
  • Gona be an interesting atmosphere on Saturday now aint it... Mike Ashley anyone.....
  • does anyone feel like a total twat, have too confess ive been going round showing off to a few footy fan mates about all the money we were gonna have, in particular one Palace fan i know up here in Northamptonshire. Man, I sure dont wanna see him for a few days yet.
  • Gutted, but a wise friend once said....If something seems too good to be true, then it invariably is......
  • Sponsored links:

I'm just glad it's done & dusted..................takeover...............did anyone really think it would happen?

I'm usually Mrs Optimistic, but I didn't think it would happen for one minute & their excuse/statement is laughable.

Can I get back to loving my football team safe in the knowledge it's still our's?

Shite football won't drag me down, poncy footballers won't drag me down, Pardoo won't drag me down..................sure as hell some Johnny Foriegners won't either!

If I can still support my beloved club whilst at Shitehurst................I can sure as hell survive this!

Well said C!
  • the lengths that Derek Chappell and Bob Whitehead will go to to miss a Bromley Branch Q & A !!
  • Bet Simon Jordan is pissing himself with laughter..
  • الرجل فإن قوارب النجاة
  • In my view Zabeel could have been fantastic for us and we for them, they really could have been part of a fantastic chapter in our great club's history but they chose not to, they bottled the chance to be an example for potential football investors who up until now have really only chosen obvious teams, an investment in us could have set a benchmark in bankrolling more clubs like us, their statement/excuse doesn't really wash.
    Given that Richard Murray was prepared to sell to Zabeel the next question must be is he still prepared to sell the club?
  • COCK PASS BABTRIDGE!!!!
  • IVe got Cheese... This is Cheese...

Great post!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]time to stick together now.

Get behind the team, get behind the manager cheer the feckers on win lose or draw. No good whinging NO GOOD BOOING AFTER 5 MINUTES IT DOESN'T HELP.

If you want this club going somewhere it needs your support not bloody boo's.

In the immortal words of Delia

TO THE BEST FUSSBALL SUPPORTERS IN THE WORLD LET'S BE 'AVING YOU , WHERE ARE YOU COME ON.

Have to agree with you here Ledge! It's time we all stuck together as a TEAM otherswise wer are in deep doo doo!
  • We are *already* in deep doo doo!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]will you be binning that scarf now then ;-)

Never, I bought that from an honest Egyptian in Luxor having knocked him down from 500 quid to 50 pence.

Now if it had been bought from some oily nerk in Dubai, it would now be draped on an effergy of Mohammed Ali Al Bullshitmi and being burnt!!!!!!!!!!!
  • The truth is the take over didn't guaranty success but it at least gave me 50-50 hope that I would one day see Charlton in Europe and fulfill one of my last outstanding dreams.

Also the not knowing was doing my head in but at least before today there was a beam of light at the end of the tunnel.

I know no one has died and I always will love this club but the facts are the facts no money, poor team both in skill and attitude, a manager that the fans have lost faith in and we can't get rid of, a youth set up that maybe producing some talent but the manager seems to have little faith in it and a board that has run out of ideas and has two of the richest men in the UK who don't like parting with there cash unless they have to like in the summer to stop the club going under.

I know this is more then what some clubs have but Murray and Grade must have more money to inject in the club then say Gibson at Middleborough he has put in loads with Europe and a cup to show for it in there recent history.

Well at least League 1 will be an experience.
  • edited October 2008
    Tempting to say that they pulled the plug after watching that abomination on Tuesday night, but all along it just seemed too good to be true. The only possible plus from this is that everybody pulls together for the greater good, but you can't help feeling that we could soon have another night like Wycombe on our hands.
  • Surely their must be a statement coming from Chapel today calming everyone down at least trying to put a positive spin on things.

Latest rumour Tom Cruise is going to buy the club with David Beckham. Source : now that would be telling.
  • not gutted,never thought they would waste there selfs here,however much i love charlton were a bit of a silly club.
  • Lets face it, this statement about the economic climate & concentrating on domestic projects or whatever is a complete load of bull. They've obviously found something not quite to their liking otherwise they'd go for it. The economy has been in the shit for a while now & there is always bits n bobs going on in Dubai.

They've always known this so why bother in the first place?
  • Must have had something to do with the real poor display tuesday, they couldnt have been impressed.

But fuk it a its done and dusted now and we can all come down to earth with a bump, must admit though it has felt like a complete kick in the nutts.
    We now need to get behind the team on saturday and fingers crossed we can look back at this one day and laugh...
  • It always seemed a bit iffy them going from Liverpool to Charlton. But if they were only going to be bit part players with us, ie, in it for the short term until something "bigger and better" turned up. Then wasn't this a lucky escape for Charlton?
    It hurts like hell but we will get over it and we will still have OUR club whatever the division we play in.
  • edited October 2008
    Maybe they were looking for a sub from the families in Abu Dubhi, and got told they couldn't spend it on a rival club.

Ho and indeed hum, we're still Charlton, so let's get on with life
  • strange how you can miss something you never had ?

Whose laughing now ? the whole football world-------- the scum bag press who said all along no one would really be intrested in us.

Its CAFC its always been this way --- but it dont make it anyless painfull.